No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

September 8th, 2020 at 5:23:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
Don't blame the R's here for my beliefs. They are my own.

Some concerts get very violent. And, I am sure some film events may as well.
But, I think you are missing what I am saying. Violence at concerts is often gang or just ego related or just drunk fights.

Violence at sports game is tribal (yes there are some run-of-mill drunk fights as well). People will go seek out fans of opposing teams to cause harm for no logical reason.

For example if somebody is drunk/high at a concert with friends and they perceive another group as saying something negative about them and a fight breaks out, that is routine drunk fighting behavior (happens all the time at bars, etc...). Of course it is still wrong and silly, but a different level.

If somebody after the game goes stalking the streets to look for a fan of the opposing team to stab (any fan, no personal connection or perceived ego threat), that is a different level of behavior, pure tribalism.

These are totally different behaviors and types of violence. Neither is logical, but you can understand a drunken fight after an insult more than you can understand hunting fans of opposing teams....
You can't see it when you are doing it. Except you want to wage war on people and force your beliefs on the world using our military.

Quote:
You don't see the hypocrisy of writing about Texas Sodomy laws (which really don't exist for any intents or purposes) from a country where Sodomy is illegal and can be punished by death?
Qatar is not a good country. Neither is Russia.
Well, I don't believe you read the article. Qatar may be a "shithole" country, but I find the fact that AQ which is based in Qatar was remarkably brave to publish an article supporting LBG rights. And, it was a good article. What has Russia done to us, other than support the north during the civil war, and be the demise of Nazi Germany? Did you see where they just added 41 amendments to their constitution? It takes a long time and a lot of work to climb out of the former Soviet Union. They can't just wave a magic wand.

Quote:
As for wanting to make countries better, yes, that is our role in the world. It is our duty to ensure other countries experience the same social progress that we enjoy here.
Our first duty is to ourselves. Where should the money come from to pay the already dozens of trillions of debt? Why not try being a "shining beacon" on the hill and let the publics of other country's hold their governments accountable? If we would have not invaded Iraq, the people would have killed the Husseins long ago, someone had already put bullets in Uday. There are only so many fathers that would stand aside while their daughters were violated. Instead we have perma war, which any children you know will be paying for forever, while we cannot afford healthcare or yada yada.

-
Quote:
Edit- Also, that is different than tribalism from being a sportsfan. There is a logical outcome for America being successful in many conflicts. Also, it has nothing to do with seeking random violence against members of the "opposing team". So yeah I see what you are trying to do, but it does not work. -
I don't believe that you do see. I think your mind is made up though.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 8th, 2020 at 5:26:34 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: JCW09
Here is an easy one, will Biden even win the Presidential Election in MI?
Find your balls, there around there somewhere, and make a prediction already.
September 8th, 2020 at 5:41:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Shrek
People don't come out of their houses to threaten random people. Terapined claimed that he was threatened by Trump supporters. I was merely pointing out that he might have very well said something to set them off. Remember, this is the guy who called me and AZ "pedophiles".

IIRC he was afraid of living near George Zimmerman. He is afraid to keep a gun in his house. His threshold is not that high based on other things he has stated.
The President is a fink.
September 8th, 2020 at 5:42:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What has Russia done to us, other than support the north during the civil war, and be the demise of Nazi Germany? .

Endless wars aren't a good thing, but from what I understand, our isolationism leaves Russia to improve their geo-eco-political power. Isolationism leaves a vacuum for some other power player to fill. Opting not to play, is not really a solution.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 8th, 2020 at 5:49:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Endless wars aren't a good thing, but from what I understand, our isolationism leaves Russia to improve their geo-eco-political power. Isolationism leaves a vacuum for some other power player to fill. Opting not to play, is not really a solution.
By sanctioning Russia, we forced them and China into each others spheres. Bad move. Then the Brics, and so on. Nation after nation is opting to do business with Russia/China etc. and leave the dollar system. We cannot afford to lose exorbitant privilege.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 8th, 2020 at 7:25:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Don't blame the R's here for my beliefs. They are my own.

Some concerts get very violent. And, I am sure some film events may as well.
But, I think you are missing what I am saying. Violence at concerts is often gang or just ego related or just drunk fights.

Violence at sports game is tribal (yes there are some run-of-mill drunk fights as well). People will go seek out fans of opposing teams to cause harm for no logical reason.

For example if somebody is drunk/high at a concert with friends and they perceive another group as saying something negative about them and a fight breaks out, that is routine drunk fighting behavior (happens all the time at bars, etc...). Of course it is still wrong and silly, but a different level.

If somebody after the game goes stalking the streets to look for a fan of the opposing team to stab (any fan, no personal connection or perceived ego threat), that is a different level of behavior, pure tribalism.

These are totally different behaviors and types of violence. Neither is logical, but you can understand a drunken fight after an insult more than you can understand hunting fans of opposing teams....
You can't see it when you are doing it. Except you want to wage war on people and force your beliefs on the world using our military.

Well, I don't believe you read the article. Qatar may be a "shithole" country, but I find the fact that AQ which is based in Qatar was remarkably brave to publish an article supporting LBG rights. And, it was a good article. What has Russia done to us, other than support the north during the civil war, and be the demise of Nazi Germany? Did you see where they just added 41 amendments to their constitution? It takes a long time and a lot of work to climb out of the former Soviet Union. They can't just wave a magic wand.

Our first duty is to ourselves. Where should the money come from to pay the already dozens of trillions of debt? Why not try being a "shining beacon" on the hill and let the publics of other country's hold their governments accountable? If we would have not invaded Iraq, the people would have killed the Husseins long ago, someone had already put bullets in Uday. There are only so many fathers that would stand aside while their daughters were violated. Instead we have perma war, which any children you know will be paying for forever, while we cannot afford healthcare or yada yada.

- I don't believe that you do see. I think your mind is made up though.

Wow, I don't think there has been this much to unpack since Christmas (and I have no clue what happened with the quotes so I am not even going to try to segment it).

First of all praising Russia because it helped the North (the right side we all agree) in the American Civil War? Do you realize how many times the Russian government has changed since the 1860s? As for WWII, yes a critical ally (Stalin was possibly worse than Hitler), but that was after Stalin first allied with Hitler and got betrayed, its not like Stalin was eager to line up with the West. But, even going back to WWII, Russia has changed many times since then.... Russia is not like America with a relatively stable system, every couple decades are vastly different than the ones before.... Praising Russia 40 years ago, 60 years ago, or 140 may as well be a different country...…

As for Russia today (the country today, not the stations of the same name), which is what really matters. It is not a good place to live, authoritarian. Look at any NGO's rating of Russia, not a good place if you like freedom. Don't take my word for it.....

As for Russia Today (the actual news channel RT), it is owned and run by the Russian government and used to show positive propaganda at home and negative propaganda abroad. Do research into RT, it is not well regarded with human rights groups.

As for AJ "being brave" for supporting gay rights in America (in an article that will not be viewable in Qatar) means nothing. Again, most of what we see here is not visible in the home country. I have lived in Qatar (you cannot view pro gay articles, or pro gambling articles, you cannot even access WOV as it is "gambling related"). You would be shocked at how restrictive the internet is in these countries that you praise so heavily. It is not like America, every content group must be approved. There are heavy restrictions on the internet abroad... The idea that people are reading that article in Qatar is so laughable...….

I don't think you realize how much sway AJ has not just in Qatar, but in the Middle East, and for Muslims internationally. They openly encourage anti-Semitism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_controversies_and_criticism#Antisemitism

I probably will not sway you, if you love State Run TV from Authoritarian governments, that is your right (just don't pretend that is what the home country sees).

As for making the world a better place. I don't think you realize how powerful China is becoming. As is Russia, and they share a common interest. Every developing country we leave, they pick up in and start to develop. Only they are not like us, with no ulterior motive, they want to expand their empire (and no, America does not have an Empire). If you think that we close all of our bases and pull out of everywhere, that those countries will have no foreign influence, is because you don't realize China and Russia are literally counting the seconds until we do. There is a conflict coming, China and Russia are not our friends. And, China and Russia are nuclear powers, so if there were a direct war with nuclear weapons things would get a bit messy.... I don't think you realize the expansionist goals of China and Russia. And, no America is not the same, our role is to go into countries and modernize them and let them run themselves, not annex them. Western Values are the key to saving humanity, and we (U.S, U.K EU, AU, CA,), need to be on the front line of furthering these values, or else the East (China/ Russia) will eagerly step in (and if you do not think that they will you are not seeing the world clearly).

I agree we should better America. But, that does not mean we need to neglect the world. We can walk and chew (and have been for centuries), America has been making immense social progress over the last 100 years, often while in major military conflicts..... These are not mutually exclusive points....
For example Johnson passed some of the most sweeping Civil Rights legislation while liberating Vietnam. FDR made major social reforms while in the largest war in human history. America has been perpetually involved in massive conflicts since the 1890s (and before, even if mostly internal conflicts before, with some exceptions such as the Barbary Wars and 1812), and has still been the cutting edge of social progress.
September 8th, 2020 at 8:45:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Here we go again. Biden has been accused
by the Secret Service for years of groping
women and children
in front of them while they were guarding
him. It got so bad at times they had to
move in and remove the women being
groped.

“We had to cancel the VP Christmas get together at the Vice President’s house because Biden would grope all of our wives and girlfriend’s [expletive]…He would mess with every single woman or teen. It was horrible.”

These stories will be coming out
every day now that fall is here.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/lawsuit-filed-after-secret-service-admits-to-destroying-records/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 8th, 2020 at 10:13:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Candice Owens was griping about Biden doing an interview with rapper Cardi B. She said he should read the lyrics outloud of her latest song.

Hey, I'd love to hear Trump read some of the lyrics of Kanye West songs, the guy he featured in an Oval office meeting. For instance,

Quote:
“In that p---y so deep I could have drowned twice/ Rose gold Jesus piece with the brown ice/ Eating good, vegetarian with the brown rice/ Girls kissing girls, cause it's hot, right?/ But unless they use a strap-on then they not dykes”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2020 at 12:38:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Sleepy Joe gave a casual backyard interview
on Labor Day. This is amazing. Houseplants
have more energy than Old Joe. No prompter
but he has a notebook with all the questions
and his answers in it.

I swear this could be a skit on SNL. "Joe
does an interview from the rest homes
backyard." It makes him look like a weak
and ineffectual old old man.

Just watch the first 2 min, you won't believe
he's running any office, let alone president.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 9th, 2020 at 2:59:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

As for making the world a better place. I don't think you realize how powerful China is becoming. As is Russia, and they share a common interest. Every developing country we leave, they pick up in and start to develop. Only they are not like us, with no ulterior motive, they want to expand their empire (and no, America does not have an Empire).

You seriously think the USA helps countries "with no ulterior motive?"

If you think that you really need to take some reality pills.
The President is a fink.