Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
What's an RT and AJ. Road Trip and
Apple Juice? Nobody knows what
you're talking about half the time.

Russian News and Islamic News.

"Russia Today" and "Al Jazeera" .

State sponsored media from totalitarian sources that righties used to hate until they praise Trump.

Basically they excel at sowing division in America.... Which is why they love controversial canidates....
September 7th, 2020 at 4:26:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler

State sponsored media from totalitarian sources that righties used to hate until they praise Trump.

Basically they excel at sowing division in America.... Which is why they love controversial canidates....

I am not sure they excel at sowing division. I think the American MSM have done a much better job at sowing sowing division with four years of publishing extreme Trump hatred.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 7th, 2020 at 4:32:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
I am not sure they excel at sowing division. I think the American MSM have done a much better job at sowing sowing division with four years of publishing extreme Trump hatred.

Look up the stories that they publish, not just under Trump. They specialize in stories that benefit them.

For example RT loves to push anti-fraacking stories while Russia pushes fracking in their country. Al Jazeera loves to push anti-Isreal conspiracies for obvious reasons.... They both frame America to be the bad guy, while often doing the same thing in modern times. For example Al Jazeera loves to run stories on race and slavery in America, while slavery still happens in Qatar (Al Jazeera is owned by the Qatari government). And, RT is owned by the Russian government.

They are both state ownes media, that try to sow strategic divides in America.... I am not talking about Trump, this has been happening for years. But, one reason RT (and Russia) loves Trump is the amount of division he causes....
September 7th, 2020 at 4:36:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Biden has a great response when a reporter asks him about the Trump campaign always pretending he’s “lost a step.”

https://twitter.com/jthverhovek/status/1303099792982183939?s=21

That’s definitely gonna trigger Donny. Expect some tweets.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 7th, 2020 at 4:47:28 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Pacomartin
Let's suppose you are right and Joseph Biden pulls a full blown Admiral James Stockdale in the debates...

Who is acceptable as a last minute substitute? Michelle?
September 7th, 2020 at 5:04:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Thats not my personal experience
Take Trump voters, I dont view them as the enemy. I'm fine to agree to disagree. One of my best friends is a Trumper.
But
I have met Trump supporters that view me as the enemy. I kid you not. Some become furious when they find out I am a liberal. One guy told me never to come near his camper. He was livid. Weird. One member on this board here on the right wanted me to leave the country. I had a conservative in downtown Montgomery demand I leave the country if I did not like Trump.
I'm the loyal opposition, not the enemy. I would never ever demand somebody leave the country over a disagreement on politics.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 7th, 2020 at 5:29:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Take Trump voters, I dont view them as the enemy. I'm fine to agree to disagree. One of my best friends is a Trumper.
But
I have met Trump supporters that view me as the enemy. I kid you not. Some become furious when they find out I am a liberal. One guy told me never to come near his camper. He was livid. Weird. One member on this board here on the right wanted me to leave the country. I had a conservative in downtown Montgomery demand I leave the country if I did not like Trump.
I'm the loyal opposition, not the enemy. I would never ever demand somebody leave the country over a disagreement on politics.

I find the exact opposite. If I dare even hint that Trump might occasionally be right in a discussion with a Trump hater they immediately start to spew that hate at me. It is impossible to have any kind of a discussion or debate with them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 7th, 2020 at 5:41:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Gandler

Do you know who owns the internet?
RT puts out superior news programming compared to anything else I'm seeing on msm, but the viewership is so small I don't consider them a threat to democracy, apparently you do? You really should expand where you're getting your data from.

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/25/att-internet-nsa-spy-hubs/ Every single keystroke goes through AI data storage at NSA, so every single little spittle that goes on between folks on their palm devices is stored and can be brought up in an instant at the farm. So Facebook and all the other social media programs are being digitally "watched". Six corporations own 99% of western media. Story's that go against their bottom line, do not get printed. They control the narrative.

This is what I get on a quick search for RT programming: https://www.rt.com/schedule/ Can you point out which programs you feel are the greatest threat to our way of life? Or does it scare you that someone might consider Putin a statesman rather than a threat to the Democrat party?

This is Al Jazeerah per Google, https://www.aljazeera.com/ Looks interesting actually. Here is one article from the link https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/wrongs-americans-fighting-sodomy-laws-200820035939656.html No offense, but I would have thought you might have found it interesting?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 7th, 2020 at 5:43:05 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: terapined
But
I find the exact opposite. If I dare even hint that Trump might occasionally be right in a discussion with a Trump hater they immediately start to spew that hate at me. It is impossible to have any kind of a discussion or debate with them.

Same here. Libbies are the absolute worst when it comes to tolerating opposing viewpoints.

You know, I'm starting to wonder what exactly Terapined said/did when he interacted with those Trump supporters. Because Trump supporters keep to themselves and they don't wear their political views on their sleeve (unless they're at a rally or something) because of all the hateful libbies out there.

So it's possible that he might have said something out of line to piss them off. (To use a general example, calling somebody a "pedophile" would definitely make even the most mild mannered person mad)

So I'd love to know the truth about what transpired between Terapined and those Trump supporters. Unfortunately we'll never know because to be honest I don't trust his characterization of things...
September 7th, 2020 at 5:52:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
Do you know who owns the internet?
RT puts out superior news programming compared to anything else I'm seeing on msm, but the viewership is so small I don't consider them a threat to democracy, apparently you do? You really should expand where you're getting your data from.

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/25/att-internet-nsa-spy-hubs/ Every single keystroke goes through AI data storage at NSA, so every single little spittle that goes on between folks on their palm devices is stored and can be brought up in an instant at the farm. So Facebook and all the other social media programs are being digitally "watched". Six corporations own 99% of western media. Story's that go against their bottom line, do not get printed. They control the narrative.

This is what I get on a quick search for RT programming: https://www.rt.com/schedule/ Can you point out which programs you feel are the greatest threat to our way of life? Or does it scare you that someone might consider Putin a statesman rather than a threat to the Democrat party?

This is Al Jazeerah per Google, https://www.aljazeera.com/ Looks interesting actually. Here is one article from the link https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/wrongs-americans-fighting-sodomy-laws-200820035939656.html No offense, but I would have thought you might have found it interesting?

Oh this is a great example.

Qatar writing an article on Sodomy laws in America....

Do you know what the pubishment for Sodomy in Qatar is?
The death penatly......

As for RT, Putin is a thug, who took over the state.
What happened to 2011 when Rs feared Russia and are suddenly bowing to them?

I knew it would not be long before the Republicans here to start praising RT and AJ.....

I would take Fox, heck I would take Breitbar over them.....