No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

October 24th, 2020 at 2:22:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

3. I periodically watch Fox. I have seen more negative stories on Trump than I can count. Trump himself has attacked multiple Fox reporters. As a network, they do not portray him as the 'greatest thing since sliced bread'.

You haven't been following Fox close enough then. Fox was extremely kind to Trump for a long time, then he got so thin skinned that they didn't report all his turds as polished gold, that he started to attack them. This is because loyalty mostly works one way for Trump. Fox still doesn't outright run a lot of criticisms, but the staff aren't sucking up on him across the board like so many did, and many spend less time polishing his turds.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2020 at 2:25:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
What kind of losers are PMing you to tell you to ignore other members?

How strange...

They were quite reasonable and offered friendly advice. Mostly that my logical constructs were not going to be understood so why waste the effort. I really did try for quite a while to keep a reasonable conversation going. I have MANY friends who are miles left of me.... and others who are miles right of me. We can all argue at least knowing we can understand each other and respond in a logical manner. Kind of like how I interact with you, ams....
October 24th, 2020 at 2:33:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
Isn't shale mostly super light oil that doesn't crack like conventional drilled?

"Shale" is a type of rock. Sedimentary rock. Lots of little layers.

Shale contains gas or oil.

We have over a Saudi Arabia of "shale oil" in the rockies. This is not what you frack, it is some kind of shale on or near the surface that can possibly burn. Exxon went big trying to make it work then made the area a ghost town in an afternoon when it canceled research.

"Shale formations" are what we frack. Basically make an explosion miles deep and then pump in water and sand. All the good stuff forces up.

They do this in PA for gas, my old job. And in North Dakota for oil, my dream gig if it booms again. More on that if anyone cares.

This oil is indeed light. A different weight than what our refineries run on. So most gets exported and we import the grade we need. A bit like if you and I were on a picnic and wanted to trade each other for Coke and Pepsi.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2020 at 2:42:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I have MANY friends who are miles left of me.... and others who are miles right of me. We can all argue at least knowing we can understand each other and respond in a logical manner. Kind of like how I interact with you, ams....

Me too. Just spent 4 nights in Vegas with my buddy and his girlfriend, both of whom LOVE Donny. Politics just kind of doesn’t come into the equation.

Actually, we were able to see Air Force One land at McCarran from his room at the Aria. That was pretty cool.

Then on Monday when we were heading home we got stuck at the rental car place because it was leaving and none of the shuttles were allowed to go to the airport till it was gone. Thankfully I had plenty of time. I saw several other people pulling a “Home Alone” and sprinting through the airport to make their flight though.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2020 at 3:00:05 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Mostly that my logical constructs

lmao logistical constructs

The guy who said that democratic policies would crush the economy. Last three years of Obama netted 1.5 million more jobs than first three years of Trump, BEFORE the pandemic. Trump and Obama's best annual GDP is 2.9%. Trump's BEST quarterly GDP is Obama's 5th best quarterly gdp.

A pile of dog s**t can deficit spend trillions in a "booming" economy and grab a 2.9. This economic miracle that happened under Trump...didn't happen. What did happen, however, was an economic disaster, JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME A REPUBLICAN WAS IN CHARGE.

Lol...logical
October 24th, 2020 at 3:04:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is amazing. 10 times more Trump
supporters showed up at the pitiful
Biden rally than did Biden supporters.
And PA gonna be a landslide for
Anti Fracking Joe? Sure it is. lol

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 25th, 2020 at 4:26:18 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Probably caught it from Biden.

October 25th, 2020 at 5:32:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
TEXAS

Quote:
Biden (D) 48%
Trump (R) 45%
Jorgensen (L) 2%
Hawkins (G) 1%

10/13-10/20 by University of Texas at Tyler (B/C)
925 LV

I’ve seen lots of stories lately about how the TX governor’s voter suppression plan has absolutely backfired on the GOP. It just pissed people off and made them more motivated to vote than ever.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 25th, 2020 at 5:36:11 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
TEXAS

I’ve seen lots of stories lately about how the TX governor’s voter suppression plan has absolutely backfired on the GOP. It just pissed people off and made them more motivated to vote than ever.
. Or it could be illegal aliens kids are coming of voting age..... it’s how Democrats replenish their roles....
October 25th, 2020 at 5:56:50 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
. Or it could be illegal aliens kids are coming of voting age..... it’s how Democrats replenish their roles....

If they were born on American soil they are not illegal aliens, regardless of the status of their parents.

Democrats have been organically expanding, they don't need tricks to replenish their roles. (I would be very surprised to see a Republican President win the popular vote ever again).