No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

August 13th, 2020 at 8:03:15 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country#/media/File:National_ID_card_policy.svg

We are virtually the only country that does not have an option for a free national ID (again SS card does not count).

That is not true, read your own link. Canada has no national ID available, the UK has dropped theirs, several Scandinavian countries as well do not have one. The European Union countries have one since it substitutes for a passport in the EU only. Much of the world that require a national ID are or almost are police states. I thought you didn't like giving up your freedom.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 14th, 2020 at 6:11:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I wonder if Trump gets a push from Middle East Peace deal he brokered today between UAE and Israel. He should, of course. i am interested to see if there is a Democrat with a conscience who will praise Trump? Pelosi praised the deal, of course not mentioning Trump, who both countries praised.

Fox is making it seem like a real game changer in the region..... that it shows that the region recognizes Iran as the main threat.... I'm not so sure.....

It is good news, of course, but how much will really change? Will Hamas/Hezbollah/Fatah still be lobbing rockets into Israel? And sending their children strapped with bombs as well? We shall see...
August 14th, 2020 at 6:28:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

Fox is making it seem like a real game changer in the region..... that it shows that the region recognizes Iran as the main threat.... I'm not so sure.....

It really is one. At the moment it is so bad if your airplane left Israel and is on fire you cannot land in an Arab country. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much. Tons of waste because neighbor countries will not deal with each other.

Word is KSA is friendly with Israel in private because of how much a threat Iran is. UAE is now wealthy and has more to gain by being friendly with Israel and telling the Palestinians to kiss off than the other way around. One day Kuwait might follow.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2020 at 5:09:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny was supposed to throw out the first pitch at the Yankees game today. He canceled because of his "strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else."

This is all that is on his schedule for the day:

I wonder if his supporters ever get sick of having to defend his blatantly obvious lies?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2020 at 8:06:02 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Dalex64
True colors shine through again, on one hand claiming that everyone should have ID, while on the other hand protesting that one should be provided to everyone.

Exactly you can't mandate IDs be required for basic rights, but not make IDs free and uniform.....

I am not talking about making DLs free (because that is a specific license that grants you additional privileges and requires testing and vetting to obtain), but a basic federal ID, I don’t think this should be controversial.
August 15th, 2020 at 8:52:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Exactly you can't mandate IDs be required for basic rights, but not make IDs free and uniform.....

Why not? I need an ID to buy a gun for example.

It is not a special ID, that would be like a poll tax. EVERYONE has ID to lead a normal life.

Life is not free stuff. Just show your ID.

It has only been proven over and over you cannot live without an ID.
The President is a fink.
August 15th, 2020 at 9:11:43 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
WTF??

Is this dude not aware that anyone can get a free ID card from literally any state?? I mean, c'mon man! Sheesh 😒
August 15th, 2020 at 9:49:08 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival' of USPS is at stake

Can you imagine what the libbies would be saying if they endorsed Trump??
August 15th, 2020 at 9:52:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Why not? I need an ID to buy a gun for example.

It is not a special ID, that would be like a poll tax. EVERYONE has ID to lead a normal life.

Life is not free stuff. Just show your ID.

It has only been proven over and over you cannot live without an ID.

That is simply not true. According to the ACLU, 11% of American adult citizens have no ID.

Firearms are a great example because that is another right for citizens, I also support background checks, but to make this fair you need to provide ID.

I have no problem with voter ID, just provide the ID.... I don't know why a uniformed federal ID is such a controversial idea.... Right now many states do not offer free IDs, with some IDs costing as much as 50USD (for a regular state ID, not a DL). I know GA is 32USD.... So the idea that states all give out free IDs is simply not true.
August 15th, 2020 at 9:56:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman

That is simply not true. According to the ACLU, 11% of American adult citizens have no ID.

Highly doubtful. But if they need an ID they can go get one.

Quote:
I have no problem with voter ID, just provide the ID.... I don't know why a uniformed federal ID is such a controversial idea.... Right now many states do not offer free IDs, with some IDs costing as much as 50USD (for a regular state ID, not a DL). I know GA is 32USD.... So the idea that states all give out free IDs is simply not true.

ZERO good reason for it to have to be free. Also I am not in favor of the feds running an ID database. Good does not come from the feds doing this.

$50 for an ID that last 4 years to decades? Oh, the horror!

Next you will say it is unfair they have to get to the polls. Or that they have to wear a shirt and shoes at the polls.

Considering you cannot live a normal life without one, what is the big deal? Other than liberals are notoriously cheap.
The President is a fink.