No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (16.66%)

18 members have voted

August 13th, 2020 at 3:07:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
Nomination for worst post of the week! Do you honestly believe that if there was no mail in voting that would hurt Trump? Even ams or terapined or Rx will tell you that mail in voting will favor a Democrat candidate. They won't tell you why... I will! Republican voters are willing to put in a modicum of effort to make their voice heard, Democrats not so much, unless looting is a side gig!

Also, just to be clear, legitimate absentee ballots are not under fire, what is is the "I don't want to miss Oprah on TV to vote, so let me vote by mail". And the "Grandma doesn't even know her name anymore, but since there is a woman of color on the ballot we need her to vote for Biden/Harris, and we can "help" her fill out the form!"

Years back I was on one of those shifts that started at 7am and ended at who knows when. It meant enough to me to get a partner to cover for me for around an hour so I could vote. Know the Democrats, most of whom do not even work, can't find the time to get to the polling place.

Shrek better give me a plus 1000 for this post!

Even if it was, this reply easily beat me, as it is almost entirely wrong....

Historically more Republicans vote by mail (again largely due to most Republicans being old), also much of the military is Republican (who often vote by mail).
Now, yes this changed slightly with this pandemic where voting by mail got "looser" (for lack of a better word).

The idea that Democrats are too lazy to vote in large numbers is also laughable. Remind me when was the last time a Republican candidate won the popular vote? Democrats already have the numbers.....

As for insinuating that all Democrats support looters is just absurd, nobody wants harsher police measures than me....

And, saying that most Democrats here don't even work? I am pretty sure most (maybe all) of the usual conservatives here are retired, while all of the "leftists" have full time careers, so that argument does not work for this board either..... I am fortunate that my employer gives me paid leave to vote on election days, but many people don't have that luxury. So yes, I have no problem with mail in voting, even if it helps Republicans, because I think voting is a right, I also have no problem with online voting when the technology becomes available to make it secure. I have voted in person in every election since I was 18 (with the exception of one election when I was deployed), and I continue to intend to do so.... But, I also advocate for making voting easier... I am not sure how anything I said can be controversial enough to be the worst post of the week (other than Trump supporters getting offended that we all know he is going to lose the popular vote again..... and very possibly the electoral college.....)
August 13th, 2020 at 3:11:49 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
Or that straight guys go to the gay bathhouse. I can't keep the claims straight.

I know that I have never been to a gay bathhouse or even heard of such a thing before this forum, but you seem obsessed with them....
To each their own....
August 13th, 2020 at 3:13:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

The idea that Democrats are too lazy to vote in large numbers is also laughable. Remind me when was the last time a Republican candidate won the popular vote? Democrats already have the numbers.....

If this was the case then why are Democrats afraid of voter ID? Why do they need early voting? Why do they need same-day registration? Why do they need every possible thing eased to get them to the polls?
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2020 at 3:20:04 PM permalink
Gandler
If this was the case then why are Democrats afraid of voter ID? Why do they need early voting? Why do they need same-day registration? Why do they need every possible thing eased to get them to the polls?

I have no problem with voter ID as long as mandatory Federal ID is implemented.
August 13th, 2020 at 3:25:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I know that I have never been to a gay bathhouse or even heard of such a thing before this forum, but you seem obsessed with them....
To each their own....

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 13th, 2020 at 3:47:30 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
No one cares about Absentee Ballots & mailing them back.
That is what is being used by most that are being included as already using "mail in ballots"
Absentee ballots should be required to be received by Election Day, none of this 3 days after BS.
Mail it back the week before the Election or walk it to the polling location the day of the Election.
If you care about your vote, neither of these are too big an ask.

The fraud comes in when you mass MAIL OUT ballots that haven't been requested by a registered voter.
LA County has 112% more registered voters than residents.
If you don't believe some of those "extra" ballots won't be mailed back fraudulently, you aren't being intellectually honest.
Imagine this, you live in an apartment in LA County and registered to vote.
To your surprise when LA County mails out ballots to every registered voter, you get two previous tenants ballots along with your own.
You don't think the current tenant might be tempted to mark and mail back all three ballots?
The good news is only 5 states currently automatically mail out ballots and CA isn't one of them yet.
If you can't: 1) request an absentee ballot or 2) get your ass to a polling location on 11/3, you don't care & your vote shouldn't count.

Heaven forbid we go to Voter ID laws to vote, the outrage there is just as ridiculous.
You need a ID to drive, to buy a gun, alcohol or tobacco.
Heaven forbid we require one to vote, so much disenfranchisement hand wringing, THE HORROR!!!
Again, if you care enough to vote, you should be able to get over the very low hurdle of getting an ID in this country.
If you can't navigate obtaining an ID, why should we believe you are informed enough on the issues of the day to vote intelligently?
It just isn't that high a bar when you consider your actions impact all of us.
For crying out loud, we are all being told to wear a mask to protect other people's health.
Requiring you to produce an ID to vote to protect the integrity of my vote is the same thing.
The hypocrisy is so obvious.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 13th, 2020 at 3:55:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I have no problem with voter ID as long as mandatory Federal ID is implemented.

Why would it need to be federal when states run the elections? State ID is fine.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2020 at 4:07:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Why would it need to be federal when states run the elections? State ID is fine.

Because America is one of the only countries without a Nationalized ID.

The closest thing we have is a SS card which is wrong to be used for identification purposes (even when the card says not to be used for identification).

State ID is fine in the meantime. I have no problem with voter ID, but it would not be an issue of everyone was mandated ID federally....
August 13th, 2020 at 4:20:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I keep saying blocked Ams posts and
nobody is quoting him. He's talking
to himself. Perfect.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2020 at 4:22:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Because America is one of the only countries without a Nationalized ID.

We have passports. Otherwise, why is this a bad thing?
The President is a fink.