RV life with Terapined

July 2nd, 2021 at 5:28:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Have you kept track of how many miles you traveled since you left the Tampa area?

Big brother is watching me.
I'm a Google maps freak.
I use it to get everywhere for many years.
I could probably somehow delete the info
But
Its really neat to look at, especially at all the travel I've done.
I can bring up a whole year, look at a pic of the USA and see all my travels
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 2nd, 2021 at 6:35:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Terapined, by report you're a Deadhead, and I assume spend a lot of time listening to the Dead, NRPS etc.

My question: what stereo system do you use in your RV?

I ask because I'm an audiophile and enjoy learning what other people do to feed their ears with joyful tunes.
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:45:26 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee
Terapined, by report you're a Deadhead, and I assume spend a lot of time listening to the Dead, NRPS etc.

My question: what stereo system do you use in your RV?

I ask because I'm an audiophile and enjoy learning what other people do to feed their ears with joyful tunes.

Dead
No NRPS
I have an old Bose CD Wave radio for speakers. Love it.
Camper came with speakers but they suck. Cant handle the low end.
I mostly listen to Live music. Dead about 1/3 of the time. Various other bands 2/3
Everything from Elvis (really good live shows, usually opened with 2001 theme into a rocking CC Rider) to Zappa (One of the tightest rock bands ever. Incredible shows, especially Halloween NYC)
Some I recorded myself in the 1990's to about 2010 when I myself was into taping. Most downloaded off the internet
I'm a live music freak. Rarely listen to commercial recordings.
So much great live music available due to the internet
The last bands I taped regularly was the Allman Brothers Band , Mofro and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 5th, 2021 at 11:10:22 AM permalink
terapined
I've used a variety of grocery stores during my travels
Some areas have crappy store, some dont
So far by far my favorite grocery store
King Soopers
July 5th, 2021 at 12:51:49 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I might be renting an RV to move my dogs and cat from Las Vegas to Florida. I am hoping to fly them but if that doesn't work out I have been looking at a 25 foot rental. I have never driven one and don't really want to spend 5 days driving across country.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 5th, 2021 at 12:58:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I might be renting an RV to move my dogs and cat from Las Vegas to Florida. I am hoping to fly them but if that doesn't work out I have been looking at a 25 foot rental. I have never driven one and don't really want to spend 5 days driving across country.

Vets will prescribe some tranquilizers if you think you need to calm any pet anxiety. (or I guess you could take them)

Also you might want to ask about motion sickness pills for them and keep those on hand.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 5th, 2021 at 1:07:17 PM permalink
terapined

Drive about 4 hours
Stop for 2 days
Take you a couple of enjoyable weeks
July 5th, 2021 at 4:55:54 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined

Drive about 4 hours
Stop for 2 days

I will have at most seven days to make the trip. It is about $2500 to rent it for one week and I will have to get back to work. I will not be doing any camping as I plan to stay at hotels. The RV is just so the dogs can move around and each have a bed while I am driving
July 7th, 2021 at 11:28:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

Drive about 4 hours
Stop for 2 days

I will have at most seven days to make the trip. It is about $2500 to rent it for one week and I will have to get back to work. I will not be doing any camping as I plan to stay at hotels. The RV is just so the dogs can move around and each have a bed while I am driving

Work? Got a job lined up yet?

RVing is not my long term plan, but I think if I already rented one I’d stay in it rather than park it in front of a hotel and rent a hotel room. My dog transport plan for Florida includes an early morning exit from Buffalo, wife driving, me soothing our poochie for around 3-4 3 hour blocks with stops along the way to wife’s sisters house in North Carolina. Staying over two nights in her RV! Then leaving mid day for about 6 hour drive to dog friendly hotel. Then leave next morning for 4 hour drive to rental house. We will have doggie sedatives.

Haven’t even thought of the return trip yet….
July 7th, 2021 at 11:47:47 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO

Work? Got a job lined up yet?

Yes, start a new position on Monday. Fortunately, after two weeks of training it will be a work from home position that will allow us to move to Florida.