SCOTUS Vacancy

June 15th, 2021 at 11:00:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
So you agree - republicans are anti-democracy.

I would assume some are.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 15th, 2021 at 10:13:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
Breyer will retire this summer.

No fan fiction and/or crystal ball required to see that one coming.

Apparently I got this one wrong.

He told CNN he doesn’t know when he will retire.

I don’t know WTF he is thinking. Read the room: time to go!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 15th, 2021 at 11:07:31 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
There is now a chance he RBG's the Dems.
It boggles the mind, their selfishness is without bounds.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 15th, 2021 at 12:11:12 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Frankly I like the idea of a conservative USSC, as it will help curb the democrats from adopting too many far left programs.

We need to find a middle ground between conservative and leftist liberal, a compromise.
July 15th, 2021 at 12:26:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Frankly like the idea of a conservative USSC, as it will help curb the democrats from adopting too many far left programs.

We need to find a middle ground between conservative and leftist liberal, a compromise.

Biden
He's right in the middle :-)
Most centrist candidate this cycle won
As for the Supreme Court
If a justice is healthy enough to do the job and wants to continue, so be it.
This conservative court scares me
I've generally supported a conservative govt due to fiscal reasons
But when it come to the Supreme Court
I always supported a liberal Court because they tend to side with peoples rights such as Miranda and abortion
This Court seems determined to undermine democracy and support states restricting voting to insure a conservative majority in govt. Scary. A Court against democracy simply to hold power
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 15th, 2021 at 12:52:58 PM permalink
missedhervee
On the other hand, if the executive, legislative and judicial branches are all leftist majorities that will cause changes that conservatives will not accept.

Hello, revolution, blood in the streets?

The sign of a fair resolution is when nobody is really happy, nobody gets all they wanted.
July 15th, 2021 at 1:03:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
On the other hand, if the executive, legislative and judicial branches are all leftist majorities that will cause changes that conservatives will not accept.

Hello, revolution, blood in the streets?

The sign of a fair resolution is when nobody is really happy, nobody gets all they wanted.

What changes will result in blood in the streets with centrist Biden as President
He's in charge
The Dems don't have the votes to override a veto
This is more Fox propaganda BS
What decision could a liberal Supreme Court issue that you would be against? They can't go against the Constitution.
The most divisive time I have ever experienced in this country were the late 60's and early 70's
I remember my parents discussing possibly sending me out of the country to protect my life and not get drafted if things don't improve.
People's lives were at stake and the stakes were very high.
Yet
Little blood on the streets. Kent State. What little blood was spilled was too much blood
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 15th, 2021 at 2:11:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
What changes will result in blood in the streets with centrist Biden as President
He's in charge
The Dems don't have the votes to override a veto
This is more Fox propaganda BS
What decision could a liberal Supreme Court issue that you would be against? They can't go against the Constitution.
The most divisive time I have ever experienced in this country were the late 60's and early 70's
I remember my parents discussing possibly sending me out of the country to protect my life and not get drafted if things don't improve.
People's lives were at stake and the stakes were very high.
Yet
Little blood on the streets. Kent State. What little blood was spilled was too much blood

I almost spit out my mocha latte! Did you really say ‘Dems don’t have the votes to override a veto?’ ?????
Biden will veto ZERO bills presented to him by Schumer/Pelosi!!!! ZERO. Do yo actually think the Dems will come up with a bill, get a bunch of Republicans to go along, and THEN Biden will veto it???? Help me…..
July 15th, 2021 at 2:32:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
I never would have considered the possibility of "blood in the streets" until the Jan. 6th insurrection.

That showed the seething anger of right wingers.

Do you seriously think they'll sit back and take it if the feds adopt the far left programs such as open immigration, defunding police, reparations for blacks, and huge tax increases to fund social programs / socialization?

Dunno, things could get very strange if that happens.

The Proud Boys are at it again in Oregon, mixing it up with counter-protesters in Salem, Or., the state capitol; they were there supporting a religious anti-abortion rally.

Very unsettled times with a potential for who know what?

Then again we went from right to left when FDR was elected, he had a cooperative congress and judiciary, and the republicans didn't run amuck with pitchforks and firebrands, so maybe nothing will happen.
July 15th, 2021 at 2:52:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I never would have considered the possibility of "blood in the streets" until the Jan. 6th insurrection.

Have you been ignoring BLM and ANTIFA all these years?

The violence is from the left, not the right.
The President is a fink.