SCOTUS Vacancy

July 17th, 2021 at 5:00:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Trump knew it too, but couldn't give a rat's ass: he was / is seething and desperate to keep power.

Drawing and quartering would be an apt punishment for the Fat Fool; failing that, give him a choice: old sparky, hanging, or firing squad

I hope he gets charged and convicted for inciting the insurrection.

Get a life.

He gave a speech. No crime.

Why have you not called for charges against BLM leaders for their many riots?
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2021 at 6:33:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This brings a warm tingle to my heart:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 12th, 2021 at 7:27:07 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Why have you not called for charges against BLM leaders for their many riots?

Great, draw and quarter them too, the more the merrier.
August 12th, 2021 at 7:59:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I was pretty impressed by her ruling
But then again
She is following legal precedent
Gee
Wonder if DeSantis we will allow Floridians to batten down the hatches. Dont want to interfere with Fred's freedom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2021 at 8:20:21 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
This brings a warm tingle to my heart:

Are these quotes from Matthew Thomas Holliday (born January 15, 1980) an American former professional left fielder.

Why would I care about his opinions on jurisprudence?
August 13th, 2021 at 4:21:29 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
I was pretty impressed by her ruling
But then again
She is following legal precedent

It’s a “pro-life” policy. No wonder hypocritical righties were upset about it.
August 13th, 2021 at 7:42:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Hmmm...it's a public University, so tough call. If it was a private University, then obviously they can have whatever the hell mandate they wish without question.

I wouldn't want to be the one making the call on whether or not a public University could mandate vaccines, so I guess it's a good thing I'm not on SCOTUS.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 13th, 2021 at 7:50:00 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mission146
Hmmm...it's a public University, so tough call. If it was a private University, then obviously they can have whatever the hell mandate they wish without question.

I wouldn't want to be the one making the call on whether or not a public University could mandate vaccines, so I guess it's a good thing I'm not on SCOTUS.

Public schools have been mandating students get all kinds of vaccines for ages. This is nothing new. And not controversial.

Quote:
According to the National Academy for State Health Policy, five routine childhood vaccines are generally required for children attending childcare or school in all states: diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus or DTaP for childcare and schools; Haemophilus influenzae type B or Hib for childcare; measles, mumps and rubella or MMR for childcare and schools; polio for childcare and schools and varicella or chickenpox for childcare and schools.
August 13th, 2021 at 7:51:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Public schools have been mandating students get all kinds of vaccines for ages. This is nothing new. And not controversial.

I understand that, but these are vaccines that all have decades long history of research behind them into both short-term and long-term effects. When you look at the Covid vaccine---and everyone has to do their own CBA on it (I'd recommend getting the vaccine in light of recent data)---but on the VERY off-chance that there are long-term side effects that wouldn't present until five years down the line, it's not like there'd be any way to know right now.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 14th, 2021 at 1:14:44 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
I understand that, but these are vaccines that all have decades long history of research behind them into both short-term and long-term effects. When you look at the Covid vaccine---and everyone has to do their own CBA on it (I'd recommend getting the vaccine in light of recent data)---but on the VERY off-chance that there are long-term side effects that wouldn't present until five years down the line, it's not like there'd be any way to know right now.

I can assure you that there are very few who can do a real CBA on getting the vaccine. To make it real simple, my friend the Infectious Disease expert said ‘you’d have to be a moron now to think being vaccinated is riskier than being unvaccinated’. Succinct. Simple. Factual.

Edit….. can a moderator move this to coronavirus thread…