The Debates

September 30th, 2020 at 2:30:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
The real question is why not call out "Black Supremacy" or "Latino Supremacy" or any other "pride" movement as well?

I must have missed the part where, "Pride," became a synonym of, "Supremacy." You can have pride without considering yourself(ves) categorically better than another group of people.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 2:30:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
But by blocking you I'd miss all your posts, not just the ones where you're enabling Confederate Flag Man to engage in his favorite pastime of mindlessly bashing BLM and other anti-racist groups.

And by blocking Duffman, I'd miss out on his next insane mindfart a la "A straight man will not go for kids." We can't have that!
So you're interested in what they have to say, but you want to berate them for saying it?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 30th, 2020 at 2:34:12 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Mission146
I must have missed the part where, "Pride," became a synonym of, "Supremacy." You can have pride without considering yourself(ves) categorically better than another group of people.

Can white people state they have "white pride" without any blowback?
September 30th, 2020 at 2:42:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

You did because "white pride" and "white supremacy" are often used inter-changably." OTOH, "Black Pride" is somehow a noble thing?

Consider this. The "Black Pride" salute is a clenched fist held fairly straight up. It got two athletes (rightly) stripped of Olympic medals once. Now consider a salute with a hand open and an arm nearly straight up. Really, they both mean the same thing. But one is considered acceptable among at least part of society and the other is a hate sign. Why? They are both saying the same thing in the end.
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2020 at 2:44:19 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: aceofspades
Can white people state they have "white pride" without any blowback?

I don’t control, “Blowback,” as relates the actions/words of anyone except myself.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 30th, 2020 at 2:47:32 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
But one is considered acceptable among at least part of society and the other is a hate sign. Why? They are both saying the same thing in the end.

The same thing? Umm, no. People like YOU are the problem. Oprah was right.

One is having pride for an oppressed group of people in society. One is pride for the group of people that DID the oppressing.

Trust me, I don't expect a man that proudly flies the confederacy in 2020 to recognize the difference.
September 30th, 2020 at 2:50:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
The second thing you said would be an improvement over his actual answer. Or, he could just shut the door on it, "Yes, I denounce White Supremacy. All people are equal. Do you have a policy question you would like to ask?"

It is easy to come up with a great reply with 20 hours to consider it. I would just prefer the media knock it off.

Quote:
I would denounce the KKK as being White Supremacists, which I think is categorically wrong. I would denounce Black Supremacist groups, if such groups exist, as being categorically wrong. You'll know racial equality has happened when nobody is talking about race anymore.

Such a group does exist. It is BLM. Want proof? Note their reaction if you suggest "all lives matter." Do not do this in person without a good means of escape as they may well get violent. As to the later, only way to get people to stop talking about race it to quit making it profitable.

Quote:
However, that doesn't mean that I denounce the KKK to the extent that I would call them a criminal group. I imagine the majority of KKK members do not commit any crimes. I would also go as far as to say that not everyone in the group is responsible for crimes that may be committed by other people in the group.

Again, individuals commit crimes.

RICO was made because of it being hard to prosecute individuals who commit crimes as a group. The crimes of BLM might indeed fit the definition.

Quote:
Everything means something at leasts slightly different to one person than it does others. I don't claim to speak for Terapined, but I should imagine he is against individual people rioting, looting and/or committing acts of violence regardless of what group they do or don't belong to.

He can claim that all he wants but when you say "I AM BLM" you no longer get to pick and choose. If he unconditionally supports BLM like that then he supported the BLM members who harassed that couple in the restaurant. He has had many chances to retract but has not done so. He could have said he was duped and the group was not what he thought it was. I do not really care as it is his life.
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2020 at 2:52:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tripdufan
The same thing? Umm, no. People like YOU are the problem. Oprah was right.

One is having pride for an oppressed group of people in society. One is pride for the group of people that DID the oppressing.

Trust me, I don't expect a man that proudly flies the confederacy in 2020 to recognize the difference.

Oprah is a racist herself. If pride in one's race is wrong for one it is wrong for all.

BLM is a racist group as well. I do not expect you to recognize this.
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2020 at 2:57:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You did because "white pride" and "white supremacy" are often used inter-changably." OTOH, "Black Pride" is somehow a noble thing?

Consider this. The "Black Pride" salute is a clenched fist held fairly straight up. It got two athletes (rightly) stripped of Olympic medals once. Now consider a salute with a hand open and an arm nearly straight up. Really, they both mean the same thing. But one is considered acceptable among at least part of society and the other is a hate sign. Why? They are both saying the same thing in the end.

That was a "black power" sign when the athletes did it. I never heard it called a black pride sign at that point in time. Not sure when it morphed into pride.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2020 at 2:59:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
That was a "black power" sign when the athletes did it. I never heard it called a black pride sign at that point in time. Not sure when it morphed into pride.

As I said elsewhere, the concept is the same. Don't get hung up on power/pride. Look at the context. It is their version of the nazi salute.
The President is a fink.