The Biden Presidency 2021

December 15th, 2020 at 3:45:31 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
President-Elect Joe Biden is officially President-Elect now.

Haha, this dude clearly hasn't done his homework, but what else is new? 😂😂

I hate to be the one to burst his bubble (actually I love it LOL), but Creepy Joe ain't President-Elect yet.
The electoral votes have yet to be counted, and that occurs on Jan 6th.
So try again libbies!! 🤣🤣🤣

And the best part is that MIKE PENCE will be the one counting the votes. And with 2 sets of electors in several states, he could very well refuse to count the fraudulent Biden electors (to stop the Biden coup), which would keep him from getting 270.

God I love our Constitution!! 😎
December 15th, 2020 at 4:34:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Haha, this dude clearly hasn't done his homework, but what else is new? 😂😂

I hate to be the one to burst his bubble (actually I love it LOL), but Creepy Joe ain't President-Elect yet.
The electoral votes have yet to be counted, and that occurs on Jan 6th.
So try again libbies!! 🤣🤣🤣

And the best part is that MIKE PENCE will be the one counting the votes. And with 2 sets of electors in several states, he could very well refuse to count the fraudulent Biden electors (to stop the Biden coup), which would keep him from getting 270.

God I love our Constitution!! 😎

Sorry Shrek, that’s not how it works.

If a VP could steal an election like that, we’d never have any one-term presidents.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2020 at 6:42:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
GA runoff update:

Quote:
168,293 early in-person votes were cast yesterday across the state, while another 50,000 mail in votes were processed.

That's 23% more than the first day of early voting in the general election.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2020 at 7:34:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
GA runoff update:

Isn't Democracy great
What a great country if we can get say 80 to 90% voter participation.
Loving it
Shocking how some conservatives dont want massive voter participation
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 15th, 2020 at 9:30:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Isn't Democracy great
What a great country if we can get say 80 to 90% voter participation.
Loving it
Shocking how some conservatives dont want massive voter participation

I want everyone to be able to vote easily, but would generally prefer if most people didn't. We're going to be even more entrenched in the duopoly if we have high voter turnout AND a high percentage of those votes based exclusively on their ability to identify a letter (R or D) in the alphabet.

Much rather 10% turnout and all voters have some idea what the hell is going on, the actual policy positions of the candidates and the cognitive ability to anticipate likely possible results of those policies.

In any case, I don't see high participation as a positive unto itself.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 15th, 2020 at 9:51:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean like the libs here the past 4 years saying Trump did not win the popular vote?

It's true. What's wrong with the truth?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 15th, 2020 at 10:28:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
It's true. What's wrong with the truth?

Nothing. Which is why we have been saying mail-in voting is about allowing fraud.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2020 at 11:00:50 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
I want everyone to be able to vote easily, but would generally prefer if most people didn't. We're going to be even more entrenched in the duopoly if we have high voter turnout AND a high percentage of those votes based exclusively on their ability to identify a letter (R or D) in the alphabet.

Much rather 10% turnout and all voters have some idea what the hell is going on, the actual policy positions of the candidates and the cognitive ability to anticipate likely possible results of those policies.

In any case, I don't see high participation as a positive unto itself.

I dont agree
I had a discussion about this with a conservative I worked with. She was upset that a fellow worker with 3 young kids that was so busy, she did not have time to follow the issues still had the right to vote. She insisted since she watched Foxnews all the time where the other woman did not watch any news, she was more informed and her vote should count and the Mother of 3 children should not have the right to vote because she does not watch the news and probably vote Dem
I thought her arguement was absurd
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 15th, 2020 at 11:05:41 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I dont agree
I had a discussion about this with a conservative I worked with. She was upset that a fellow worker with 3 young kids that was so busy, she did not have time to follow the issues still had the right to vote. She insisted since she watched Foxnews all the time where the other woman did not watch any news, she was more informed and her vote should count and the Morher of 3 children should not have the right to vote.
I thought her arguement was absurd

It is absurd. It is perfectly reasonable as Mission states to hope that not all vote, for the reasons he mentioned. But the RIGHT to vote cannot be taken away because you don't watch enough Fox News..... Some consider the right to vote their most important right....
December 15th, 2020 at 11:16:06 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
It is absurd. It is perfectly reasonable as Mission states to hope that not all vote, for the reasons he mentioned. But the RIGHT to vote cannot be taken away because you don't watch enough Fox News..... Some consider the right to vote their most important right....

I'm thrilled with what's happening in Georgia. Higher participation. No doubt Mission has a right to disappointed in what looks like a very high rate of voter participation
I'm proud that Asian Americans have some of the highest voter participation in the country. Mission has the right to be disappointed in this as well but I think it's sad to have that view.