The Biden Presidency 2021

January 21st, 2021 at 4:45:02 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Anyone see the press briefing just now?

Dr. Fauci kind of threw the last administration under the bus. He’s free now to speak the truth.

I saw it.

As for speaking the truth, this is the same admitted liar who deliberately misguided the American public last March when he said ‘right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks'.

He later admitted he lied about that, in order to preserve the supply for healthcare workers. Tell that to the people who followed his advice and died from covid.

He also said last May, "The US won’t have a vaccine in less than a year”.
January 21st, 2021 at 4:55:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's gone from 29K negs to 31K negs
in the last 30 min. The positives have
barely moved. LOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2021 at 5:00:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
barely moved. LOL

If only Rudy Giuliani had this evidence back in November, he actually would have been able to overturn the election! /s

Evenbob has gone from screaming at some poor local election official on the phone back in election week to refreshing a YouTube page to count likes and dislikes during inauguration week. What a time to be alive!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 21st, 2021 at 5:01:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
barely moved. LOL

It's because we are working to rebuild this country, not sitting in front of YouTube to obsess over random WH videos to downclick as often as possible....
January 21st, 2021 at 5:10:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
As for speaking the truth, this is the same admitted liar who deliberately misguided the American public last March when he said ‘right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks'.

He later admitted he lied about that, in order to preserve the supply for healthcare workers. Tell that to the people who followed his advice and died from covid.

This would carry more weight if you’d ever criticized Donny for crapping all over the idea of masks for months and months after March.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 21st, 2021 at 5:15:51 PM permalink
Tripdufan
barely moved. LOL

I don't think Trump Derangement Syndrome means what you think it means.
January 21st, 2021 at 5:41:35 PM permalink
Tripdufan
I saw it.

Context matters. Details matter. The timeline matters.

Their WAS a PPE shortage. This was a constant subject of discussion in the task force meetings. So if the general idea is to dissuade the people from panicking EARLY on when so much was still unknown to ensure that healthcare workers who are putting themselves in harms way has enough supply, isn't that an innocent enough of a reason? Donald Trump, Mike Pence, and Jerome Powell were also downplaying masks at the same time. The difference between Fauci and, most notably Trump, is that when it became clear that the virus could spread asymptomatic, he started recommending wearing masks. The timeline...it matters.

Trump CONTINUED to downplay it when the science was clear. What would his motive be? Simple. It's politically damaging to him to listen and follow the science. It's politically damaging to have a once in a generation pandemic on your watch. Probably better, politically, FOR HIS BASE, to try to convince people that it's NOT a once in a generation pandemic; it is just like the flu. Ironically, I honestly believe that if he woudl've went the other way and didn't pretend that it was going away by miracle, and followed the science, and led by example (be first through the door), he would've won re-election. (I dunno though, he got his a** whooped)

Why would it be better for him politically to not follow the information? Because the Republican Party is full of people that don't trust information. They would rather trust Putin on the stage in Helsinki than their own intelligence community.

Speaking of what a true leader is, and the concept of being "first through the door" leadership, that you don't expect your followers to do something they haven't seen you do, I do find it funny that on the day of the riots when he commanded his followers, "We're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you"....

He actually wasn't there. Chickens**t. He lied to you...again.

What a sad and pathetic excuse for a leader.
January 21st, 2021 at 7:32:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

It was right thing to do. People were told there was no reason to deplete the supply of toilet paper but they did anyway and it stayed depleted for months.

Lack of PPE was already bad enough that healthcare workers were reusing the same materials because they didn't have enough stock. We also had idiots who were buying up stock so they could jack up the price and price gouge.

Do you have a legitimate complaint?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2021 at 7:33:43 PM permalink
Altstates93
Quote: Tripdufan

he would've won re-election. (I dunno though, he got his a** whooped)

I felt relieved Biden won, but in no way did I think he won "decisively", much less "whoop" anybody.

Yes, he won the popular vote by 7 million, but we don't elect the POTUS that way. Only around 40K votes in three states needed to swing the other way for all of us to be having a much different conversation. In that sense, this election ended more closely than the 2016 election. Trump still could have won, even with losing the popular vote by 7 million. If he weren't so addicted to monkey smashing the self destruct button, he could have squeaked by.

Easy to laugh at those who think Trump won in a landslide because they seem immune to facts. Easy as well to use facts to bolster wishful thinking.
January 21st, 2021 at 7:48:54 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Altstates93
Easy as well to use facts to bolster wishful thinking.

lol no i know, it was a popular vote shot at the Trumpers

But yeah you're right. He won the EC by a slim margin in 2016 in a few states and lost the EC by a smaller margin in 2020 in a few states. Can't wait to get rid of it.