The Biden Presidency 2021

March 5th, 2021 at 9:01:25 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
This is THE BIG LIE! The majority of Americans are doing just fine. And those that are 'hurting' were hurting before the pandemic. There are many Americans hurting specifically due to the pandemic, but to use the word majority is just ridiculous!

I agree the "majority" is just fine. I am one of those that is still out of work from the pandemic. In two weeks it will be a year since I had a job. I had never been unemployed in my previous 30 years of working. I am fortunate enough to have some savings so I am not hurting but I am definitely still living on resources that I thought I wouldn't be burning for another 10 years.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 5th, 2021 at 9:47:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
WTF
Take American families with school children
They are ALL hurting
The Restaurant business in the USA is one of the biggest businesses in the country
All are hurting.
The live entertainment business is hurting. 100% of the business and its a massive business
Try living in the real world instead of the golf course

They are not hurting in Florida where schools were not closed. And I thought by hurting you meant financially. If by hurting you mean by falling behind academically due to the sham of 'virtual learning' I will agree with you. Kids in states with governor's that closed down in person learning will be at a huge disadvantage to those that allowed in person learning to continue. I forgot exactly the details, but there is the school teacher leader who has been crying about how dangerous it is for teachers... while sending his own kids to private schools that are still doing in person teaching!
I agree that there are many people who are hurting. But YOU used the word majority, not me! I haven't golfed for 4 months now. That will be changing in a few weeks when wife and I resume our normal lives which include travel.

As far as live entertainment, I agree with you, OPEN IT UP NOW! Also... allow restaurants to be open to full capacity. That's the "COVID relief" I would propose.

People in 'the real world' would go to those restaurants, clubs, concerts, plays, etc....
March 5th, 2021 at 11:47:26 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO

But it will pass..... and on to the next multi trillion (infrastructure!) bill that we have to invent more money to pay for..... the Biden plan....

Closest thing to a free lunch in economics is infrastructure investment. LONG overdue.
March 6th, 2021 at 9:44:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
$1.9T COVID bill passes the Senate. All republicans voted against.

Thank god the Dems learned the lessons of 2009 and didn’t waste weeks trying to negotiate with the GOP. They were always gonna vote no.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2021 at 10:21:03 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
A Photographer Snapped Photos From Trump And Biden Press Secretary’s Helpful Notes

Quote:
As she often was seen flipping through the alphabetized binder during her briefings, the Reuters photographer Jonathan Ernst snapped a photo that gives insight into what the White House plans to tell reporters — or what it thinks they’ll ask.

Now in Biden’s era when Jen Psaki is a White House Press Secretary the same photographer snapped a photo of Psaki’s helpful notes. The question remains, who hires someone with this level of organizational skill to be the White House, press secretary?

Kayleigh McEnany had her notebook squared away in a presentable manner! Psaki just looks like she came out of an 8th-grade biology class.

Let's go Brandon
March 6th, 2021 at 10:24:12 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter

lmao.... who cares?

You are hereby forbidden from ever mentioning any “derangement syndrome” other than “Biden Derangement Syndrome,” which you clearly have a severe case of.
March 6th, 2021 at 11:08:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter

lmao.... who cares?

You are hereby forbidden from ever mentioning any “derangement syndrome” other than “Biden Derangement Syndrome,” which you clearly have a severe case of.

I expect a press secretary to have notes
You dont wing these conferences
BDS in full display
It was easy to criticize Trump. A dumb tweet everyday. Shooting fish in a barrel. Those with BDS really struggling to criticize Biden so they seize on logical notes.ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 9th, 2021 at 4:21:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
The Senate GOP obstructionists are doing everything they can to delay delay delay the extremely popular $1.9T COVID stimulus bill.

Yesterday Ron Johnson forced the Senate clerks to read the entire bill aloud. It took 10+ hours.

But they just made a big tactical error.

Oops! 😂

Half of life is just showing up...

Yeah, they actually had to read the bill before voting on it. How terrible.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 9th, 2021 at 4:22:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
WTF
Take American families with school children
They are ALL hurting
The Restaurant business in the USA is one of the biggest businesses in the country
All are hurting.
The live entertainment business is hurting. 100% of the business and its a massive business
Try living in the real world instead of the golf course

I thought you said restaurants were doing great and just needed to adapt? Pick one.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 9th, 2021 at 5:55:51 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, they actually had to read the bill before voting on it. How terrible.

You actually think the GOP senators stayed and listened to the clerks read the bill?