The Biden Presidency 2021

March 2nd, 2021 at 6:28:25 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

I am big on Asia
Got a big investment in PRASX

If you haven't, look into Taiwan Semiconductor.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 2nd, 2021 at 6:56:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
If you haven't, look into Taiwan Semiconductor.

PRASX is all over it so I am all over it
9% of the entire mutual fund, their biggest investment, is in Taiwan Semiconductor
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 3rd, 2021 at 4:52:36 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Mission146
Wait a minute...I thought...don't Republicans like free markets?

Not when, as President Trump said,

“the national strategy of Military-Civil Fusion' means that the party-state compels private companies to support the 'military, intelligence, and security apparatuses and aid in their development and modernization,’"

"Every dollar that goes into a Chinese enterprise, whether state or private, enriches a regime that has declared a 'people's war' on the United States. Therefore, every company should be off-limits to investment from Americans,”

Sell out traitor Xiden, deliberately opened the investment window to these companies for a few months, in order to allow his Wall Street mega donors, to invest the cash of millions of Americans into them. These Communist Chinese Military Companies then invest that capital to finance the development and modernization of the Chinese Military and to compete directly against US Corporations like Boeing which contribute a large share to the US economy. They’re not Alibaba.

"The Biden administration is allowing Wall Street to use the cash of "scores of millions, up to 160 million Americans" to "fund ICBMs targeting their families, to fund concentration camps in Xinjiang." Most Americans will have no idea their retirement and other savings are being used to finance their own destruction."- Gordon Chang

No doubt you get it, but the village idiots never will.
March 3rd, 2021 at 6:04:00 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
Not when, as President Trump said,

“the national strategy of Military-Civil Fusion' means that the party-state compels private companies to support the 'military, intelligence, and security apparatuses and aid in their development and modernization,’"

"Every dollar that goes into a Chinese enterprise, whether state or private, enriches a regime that has declared a 'people's war' on the United States. Therefore, every company should be off-limits to investment from Americans,”

Sell out traitor Xiden, deliberately opened the investment window to these companies for a few months, in order to allow his Wall Street mega donors, to invest the cash of millions of Americans into them. These Communist Chinese Military Companies then invest that capital to finance the development and modernization of the Chinese Military and to compete directly against US Corporations like Boeing which contribute a large share to the US economy. They’re not Alibaba.

"The Biden administration is allowing Wall Street to use the cash of "scores of millions, up to 160 million Americans" to "fund ICBMs targeting their families, to fund concentration camps in Xinjiang." Most Americans will have no idea their retirement and other savings are being used to finance their own destruction."- Gordon Chang

No doubt you get it, but the village idiots never will.

ROTFL
You think the money from the USA makes all the difference???????
Everybody is betting on China
Europe, South America, Africa betting on China
Taiwan betting heavily on China. They have more money invested there then any other place on the planet
This is all inevitable
I'm betting on China baby
Was born there
As China's economy grows
My retirement nest egg grows
Go China
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 3rd, 2021 at 6:13:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm betting on China baby
Was born there
As China's economy grows
My retirement nest egg grows
Go China

Righties gonna start calling you “Beijing Terapined”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 3rd, 2021 at 6:22:39 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
Righties gonna start calling you “Beijing Terapined”

Sounds to me like the Republicans totally dropped the ball.
They depended on a Trump EO then can easily be overturned.
Talk about a lazy party
Pass some legislation
Oh, that means no money from wall street for their campaigns
So they depend on a flimsy EO that can easily be overturned

I hope China competes with Boeing
Maybe they will produce a cheaper safer plane
That would be a huge win for our planet
March 3rd, 2021 at 7:24:08 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Sounds to me like the Republicans totally dropped the ball.
They depended on a Trump EO then can easily be overturned.
Talk about a lazy party
Pass some legislation
Oh, that means no money from wall street for their campaigns
So they depend on a flimsy EO that can easily be overturned

I hope China competes with Boeing
Maybe they will produce a cheaper safer plane
That would be a huge win for our planet

I would expect that Comac will compete with Boeing and Airbus but I still think it is a long way off. If I had to guess it will be 15 to 20 years out.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 3rd, 2021 at 10:05:37 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I would expect that Comac will compete with Boeing and Airbus but I still think it is a long way off. If I had to guess it will be 15 to 20 years out.

Hard to believe that there are Trumpers out there that think the US can prevent this
This is actually the best thing that can happen to the planet
Competition to build safer cheaper planes
Its a total win win for the planet
March 3rd, 2021 at 11:48:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Hard to believe that there are Trumpers out there that think the US can prevent this
This is actually the best thing that can happen to the planet
Competition to build safer cheaper planes
Its a total win win for the planet

It is certainly not a win win for the planet if you believe in climate change. Cheaper planes equals more flights equals more CO2. We are doing all we can to discourage the use of automobiles why would we want to encourage more travel by plane.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 3rd, 2021 at 3:11:35 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
It is certainly not a win win for the planet if you believe in climate change. Cheaper planes equals more flights equals more CO2. We are doing all we can to discourage the use of automobiles why would we want to encourage more travel by plane.

You have no vision
Cheaper, safer and more efficient
China is a leader in Electric vehicles
The future is electricity and unique ways of accessing and harnessing energy