The Biden Presidency 2021

March 22nd, 2021 at 12:44:02 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
I’m old enough to remember when you claimed Biden couldn’t fly in airplanes.

Fly? The guy can't even walk up the steps without falling three times.
March 22nd, 2021 at 12:46:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Fly? The guy can't even walk up the steps without falling three times.

Poor attempt at deflection.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2021 at 5:32:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Two abject losers, Tammy Duckworth and Maxie Hirono, have just said they will not support any Biden nominees who are not diverse! Meaning they will not be supporting any white men who are nominated. THIS is the Democrat party! These are not some fringe anti white racists.... these are elected Senators! They are unhappy no ‘Pacific Islanders’ have been nominated for any of his Cabinet positions. The gall!!!!!

It may make things complex for Biden, as if he nominates a white guy that is left of left, and normally he’d be confirmed 50-50 with Harris breaking the tie, with the two whackos voting against them it gives the Republicans the power to throttle Biden. I’m guessing Biden digs up a less than competent ‘Pacific Islander’ to be in his Cabinet quite soon.
March 23rd, 2021 at 6:19:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I like Tammy but I dont agree with her on this one.
It's just one issue

I would not describe her as a loser
She's a hero. She sacrificed both her legs for our country. A really incredible Woman. Talk about brave.
You may disagree with her
But
To call her a loser is pretty offensive
The loser tag belongs to Trump, not Tammy, not even close
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2021 at 6:43:25 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I like Tammy but I dont agree with her on this one.
It's just one issue

I would not describe her as a loser
She's a hero. She sacrificed both her legs for our country. A really incredible Woman. Talk about brave.
You may disagree with her
But
To call her a loser is pretty offensive
The loser tag belongs to Trump, not Tammy, not even close

As I always say to those that have served our country... thank you for your service! But she has shown her true colors.... as a racist.... to not vote for a candidate because of solely race and/or gender... there is NO PLACE for her ilk in our government. I would say the same about any Republican that refused to consider a candidate because they were a minority.
March 23rd, 2021 at 9:41:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
As I always say to those that have served our country... thank you for your service! But she has shown her true colors.... as a racist.... to not vote for a candidate because of solely race and/or gender... there is NO PLACE for her ilk in our government. I would say the same about any Republican that refused to consider a candidate because they were a minority.

Oh, I would probably opt to have some white conservative guy appointed if white conservative guys had been in the same community for the last 20 years where only Asian pacific people had held appointments.

But generally I consider affirmative action measures are only needed when there is a compelling reason, i.e., because of long overdue righting of wrongs for instance.

Not saying I agree with this particular case, just sayin' ...
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2021 at 9:51:13 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Tammy Duckworth and Maxie Hirono, have just said they will not support any Biden nominees who are not diverse!

The White House has agreed to add an Asian American senior liason and the senators have backed off on their threat.
March 24th, 2021 at 5:19:37 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m shedding a tear for those 2 or 3 white men who will be negatively affected by this.

They were *this close* to getting a cabinet position! Damn you, Duckworth!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 24th, 2021 at 6:03:17 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Ok
Let's go there
I believe Mitch McConnell and most of the Republicans in congress are racists
They denied a Black President the right to pick a Supreme Court justice.
If the President was white, no way this happens
Now Mitch is claiming there is no racial history behind the filibuster
WTF
Sounds like a racist trying to change history
The primary use of the filibuster throughout the history of the Senate has been to block civil rights and keep the white man in charge
How about Republican legislators in multiple states trying to limit voting because they think it's too easy for Blacks to vote. Their reasoning is that they believe Sidney Powell and her BS that she doesn't even believe. The reality is the racists are unhappy with so many Black people voting.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 24th, 2021 at 6:19:07 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Wow, 2 mass murders in the first couple months of dementia joe bidumb's presidency. This must be some horrific record. This is all dementia joe bidumb's fault.
Let's go Brandon