The Biden Presidency 2021

April 5th, 2021 at 10:14:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I said photos of him smoking.

I am aware that there are also a bunch of photos of him eating ice cream which cons also seem obsessed with.

It seems you're the one with the obsession. No one mentioned Obama, and no one mentioned his eating habits. Who cares?

You also said he went out of his way to eat healthy in public. Which is obviously not true.

Even if you prefer fast food, that is fine, but eat salads when in public eye, it just looks better. President Obama understood this perfectly, going out of his way to eat healthy in public and never allowing photos of him smoking. Image is important, not just for professionalism, but for setting an example for young people.

April 5th, 2021 at 10:33:55 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I mentioned him because he is generally regarded by everyone (outside of Trump, who legitimately said that he was the healthiest President in American history, which is absurd....) to be the most in shape President in modern history. Even people who dislike him politically, but are honest will easily admit this.

And, if you think Trump is healthier than President Obama, you are just wrong.

Anyway, I mentioned his eating habits in the context of setting a good example, the same reason he gave up smoking when President. If you read my comment, I said there are no photos of him smoking, not that there are no photos of him eating fast food. He generally tried to push healthy eating. But, if you are in Supreme shape, it is fine to occasionally eat fast food (if you are out of shape, and that is your primary food choice, that is not okay)....

And, it's not a partisan thing. Clinton set many terrible examples (well besides the obvious abuses he engaged in).... And, Bush overall was pretty good with behavior and examples....
For example I would also never vote for Clinton (William Clinton) because of his character and behavior....
April 5th, 2021 at 11:29:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I may have to order a Major Biden, "Bite Back Better" T-shirt. He's alleged to have bitten two people now.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 5th, 2021 at 11:45:57 AM permalink
Tanko
And, if you think Trump is healthier than President Obama, you are just wrong.

Never thought that for a moment. Never suggested it. Never would. Especially since Trump is fifteen years older. Never mentioned Trump. Don't care.

I believe you're obsessing.
April 5th, 2021 at 1:46:13 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: Tanko
You also said he went out of his way to eat healthy in public. Which is obviously not true.

Yeah, well, some conservatives think the Trump tax cuts paid for themselves. It's obviously also not true. But some people actually do believe it. Weird.

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/did-the-2017-tax-cut-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-pay-for-itself/

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20/789540931/2-years-later-trump-tax-cuts-have-failed-to-deliver-on-gops-promises

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/business/trump-tax-cuts-revenue.html

And like I said before, a pile of dog s**t can deficit spend a tirllion bux in a "booming" economy, in "the best economy in the history of the world", and get a 2.5% GDP.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianweller/2020/01/29/trumps-wasteful-tax-cuts-lead-to-continued-trillion-dollar-deficits-in-expanding-economy/?sh=30b73a0c66c4
April 5th, 2021 at 3:46:19 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Never thought that for a moment. Never suggested it. Never would. Especially since Trump is fifteen years older. Never mentioned Trump. Don't care.

I believe you're obsessing.

I am always obsessing over President Obama, awesome person.

(but President Trump is the one who makes the claim that he is the healthiest President in U.S. history).

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385765-trumps-ex-doctor-says-trump-dictated-letter-claiming-he-would-be

Paying a Doctor to say you would be the healthiest President in U.S. history is a different level of insanity....
April 5th, 2021 at 7:35:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
But, I think its fair to say President Obama was by far the healthiest and most physically fit President in recent history. Maybe the healthiest since President Truman.

Also one of the youngest.

42 years, Theodore Roosevelt 322 days # 26
43 years, John F. Kennedy 236 days # 35
46 years, Bill Clinton 154 days # 42
47 years, Barack Obama 169 days # 44
51 years, Calvin Coolidge 29 days # 30
51 years, Franklin D. Roosevelt 33 days # 32
51 years, William Howard Taft 170 days # 27
52 years, Jimmy Carter 111 days # 39
54 years, William McKinley 34 days # 25
54 years, George W. Bush 198 days # 43
54 years, Herbert Hoover 206 days # 31
55 years, Lyndon B. Johnson 87 days # 36
55 years, Warren G. Harding 122 days # 29
56 years, Richard Nixon 11 days # 37
56 years, Woodrow Wilson 66 days # 28
60 years, Harry S. Truman 339 days # 33
61 years, Gerald Ford 26 days # 38
62 years, Dwight D. Eisenhower 98 days # 34
64 years, George H. W. Bush 222 days # 41
69 years, Ronald Reagan 349 days # 40
70 years, Donald Trump 220 days # 45
78 years, Joe Biden 61 days # 46
April 6th, 2021 at 4:02:20 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: Tripdufan
Yeah, well, some conservatives think the Trump tax cuts paid for themselves. It's obviously also not true. But some people actually do believe it. Weird.

Yeah, well, some people can never understand the whole picture. Weird.

Real disposable income increased an average of $5,000 after the tax cuts. Six million jobs were added, and unemployment reached a record low across every demographic, including the disabled.

Despite the booming economy and record increases in real wages, average annual inflation during the Trump years was around 2%.

Looks like we're in luck. Biden is planning a $2 trillion tax increase.

Corporate taxes will rise 33%, but that will get passed on to the consumer. So, no worries.

China corporate taxes are only 12%. No need to guess where the jobs will be going.

On top of record Mandatory Spending, Congress added another $2.8 trillion to the debt, in the past three months, while $1 trillion from the previous package is still not spent. On top of that, Biden wants to spend $3 trillion more on an infrastructure bill, that erodes ‘right to work’ laws in 27 states, as a payback to the unions.

He intends to follow that with by his multi-trillion dollar ‘Human Infrastructure’ bill.

Construction Spending in February, fell 0.8%.
Orders for Durable Goods declined 3.2 and by 0.6% year-to-year. The Cass Freight Index, which measures freight shipments declined 3.2% . New-Home Sales fell 18.2% while Existing-Home Sales fell by 6.6%. Building Permits and Housing Starts fell 10%. Retail Sales fell more than expected. PPI Goods Inflation of the last three months surged to an all-time high. US Producer Prices increased the most on record. Food prices are 3.6% higher than a year ago. The CPI for all items increased 0.4%. The CPI-U Annual Inflation, which tracks sales prices, hit a 12-month high of 1.7%. Gasoline prices regained pre-Oil Price War levels.
April 6th, 2021 at 8:20:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Real disposable income increased an average of $5,000 after the tax cuts. Six million jobs were added, and unemployment reached a record low across every demographic, including the disabled.

Despite the booming economy and record increases in real wages, average annual inflation during the Trump years was around 2%.

Looks like we're in luck. Biden is planning a $2 trillion tax increase.

Corporate taxes will rise 33%, but that will get passed on to the consumer. So, no worries.

China corporate taxes are only 12%. No need to guess where the jobs will be going.

On top of record Mandatory Spending, Congress added another $2.8 trillion to the debt, in the past three months, while $1 trillion from the previous package is still not spent. On top of that, Biden wants to spend $3 trillion more on an infrastructure bill, that erodes ‘right to work’ laws in 27 states, as a payback to the unions.

He intends to follow that with by his multi-trillion dollar ‘Human Infrastructure’ bill.

Construction Spending in February, fell 0.8%.
Orders for Durable Goods declined 3.2 and by 0.6% year-to-year. The Cass Freight Index, which measures freight shipments declined 3.2% . New-Home Sales fell 18.2% while Existing-Home Sales fell by 6.6%. Building Permits and Housing Starts fell 10%. Retail Sales fell more than expected. PPI Goods Inflation of the last three months surged to an all-time high. US Producer Prices increased the most on record. Food prices are 3.6% higher than a year ago. The CPI for all items increased 0.4%. The CPI-U Annual Inflation, which tracks sales prices, hit a 12-month high of 1.7%. Gasoline prices regained pre-Oil Price War levels.

Typical Trumper
Economy great during Trump, not great during Biden
Lol
I cheer on the economy regardless of who is President
Lets look at the big pic
Jobs report was great
Stock market was up huge yesterday
The gains are holding today
I made a lot of money yesterday just sitting on my butt and watching the basketball game
The economy is roaring back to life in the USA due to pent up demand.
Life is good
Biden keeps it up, 2024 will be a cinch
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 6th, 2021 at 10:42:54 AM permalink
Tripdufan

That 5k increase per household is an AVERAGE, not a median, obviously skewed by higher income earners. And Obama outperformed Trump in job growth the last two years of his term vs the first two of Trump's presidency, while slashing the deficit. Trump's employment numbers were all trends he inherited, while increasing the deficit. Sorry, I wasn't as impressed as you were with the Trump economy. We can and have done better.

And look what happened when you give a Republican enough time. It turns to s**t anyway. Like things mostly do when you give them enough time.