Republican Nominee 2024

Page 1 of 161234>Last »
November 30th, 2020 at 2:02:03 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It may seem early for this thread, but it may not be.

Trump is now potentially going to launch his campaign during the Inauguration (which would be historically unheard of and insane, which makes it more likely), so he is almost certainly going to be in the running for the 2024 GOP nominee.

Is it wise for him to run again? Who should run against him? (Or anything else related to the 2024 Republican Primary process).

From a personal standpoint, I think it will be excellent for the Democrats if he runs again, and he will cause massive party division again. His plan to start campaigning early will allow him to get a financial and political head start. He quite possible could win the nomination again which would be great for Democrats. If the GOP is smart they will keep him out (which I am sure that they will try), but I don't think that the GOP has the Primary mechanisms to prevent him from running and winning if he just ignores everyone and runs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-reportedly-wants-2024-campaign-event-during-bidens-inauguration-2020-11

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8996193/Trump-planning-event-president-elects-inauguration-announce-2024-run.html

(List of potential candidates from both sides):
https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential_candidates,_2024

(Joe Biden said he may not run for two terms, so it opens the possibility for a Democratic nominee as well, personally I think Joe Biden should win re-election and then resign as he would have the incumbent advantage if he does not want to work two terms).
November 30th, 2020 at 2:23:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler

(Joe Biden said he may not run for two terms, so it opens the possibility for a Democratic nominee as well, personally I think Joe Biden should win re-election and then resign as he would have the incumbent advantage if he does not want to work two terms).

A true Democrat! Wants the President to lie to the American people. It is the way of that party..... You think Biden would admit to that subterfuge if asked?

I expect Biden to take the high road and just announce that Kamala is ready to run in 2024. As far as Trump..... I hope beyond hope he doesn’t run in 2024.....
November 30th, 2020 at 2:27:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny will say he is running in 2024, set up a Super PAC to scam his followers, and take their money. Kind of like what Sarah Palin did after 2008.

I have no idea if he will actually run in 2024.

Kind of sucks for Nikki Haley, Rick Scott, Mike Pompeo, Josh Hawley, Tom Cotton, and all the other loyalists who were eyeing a 2024 run.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 30th, 2020 at 2:27:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
A true Democrat! Wants the President to lie to the American people. It is the way of that party..... You think Biden would admit to that subterfuge if asked?

I expect Biden to take the high road and just announce that Kamala is ready to run in 2024. As far as Trump..... I hope beyond hope he doesn’t run in 2024.....

The smart move
Run as the incumbent, bank the win and let Jill Biden continue to be President setting up Kamala for 2028
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 30th, 2020 at 2:31:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Donny will say he is running in 2024, set up a Super PAC to scam his followers, and take their money. Kind of like what Sarah Palin did after 2008.

I have no idea if he will actually run in 2024.

Kind of sucks for Nikki Haley, Rick Scott, Mike Pompeo, Josh Hawley, Tom Cotton, and all the other loyalists who were eyeing a 2024 run.

I see Trump rallies for the next 4 years sucking up all the republican oxygen. I see Trump supporting any primary challenger to any Republican that crosses him. Trump will remain a Republican nightmare for years. Trump banners will stay up for the next 4 years.
There is no longer a republican party. It is the Trump party
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 30th, 2020 at 3:08:03 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

LMFAO

It's almost as if you haven't been standing by and watching your party's president lie to us on a daily basis while at the same time going out of your way to defend him and your party's complacency.

Spare us your false outrage bs.
November 30th, 2020 at 4:07:41 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
LMFAO

It's almost as if you haven't been standing by and watching your party's president lie to us on a daily basis while at the same time going out of your way to defend him and your party's complacency.

Spare us your false outrage bs.

No outrage. I actually like Gandler's posts. But didn't you notice how smoothly and easily he suggested the President lie to accomplish a purely political goal? Like it is just second nature?

I am embarrassed by a lot of the Republican party and their blind support for Trump. Just less embarrassed than afraid of an unchecked Democrat party. The House was easily able to stymie the bad of Trump. NO BILL could be passed without Pelosi's permission for the past two years. I hope I can say the same about Biden and McConnell.
November 30th, 2020 at 4:19:13 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
No outrage. I actually like Gandler's posts. But didn't you notice how smoothly and easily he suggested the President lie to accomplish a purely political goal? Like it is just second nature?

What better way to express approval for one's posts than to say they support liars and dishonesty in the opening sentence, like a "true democrat".
November 30th, 2020 at 5:37:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I expect Trump to be the least quiet ex-president we've ever had. I'm just not sure what that will entail.

We've never had a ex president who might want to engage constantly in the media afterwards, but this might be the guy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 30th, 2020 at 5:59:39 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I expect Trump to be the least quiet ex-president we've ever had. I'm just not sure what that will entail.

We've never had a ex president who might want to engage constantly in the media afterwards, but this might be the guy.

I think that would be a very safe bet.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 1 of 161234>Last »