Republican Nominee 2024

Page 3 of 16<123456>Last »
December 4th, 2020 at 12:42:38 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Although I doubt it will happen, imagine if Pence wants to run in 2024, but for President, not as sidekick to Trump. And Trump also wants to run.

I was just thinking about this earlier....

Pence sold his soul to Donny in the hopes that it would make him POTUS in 2024.

Now Donny says he will run in 2024.

Schadenfreude at its finest!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 4th, 2020 at 2:02:47 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
If anyone wants to bet on Trump running again in 2024 I don't think he will and will put money on it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 4th, 2020 at 2:26:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
If anyone wants to bet on Trump running again in 2024 I don't think he will and will put money on it.

Meaning you think he will be the Republican nominee in 2024? Or just that he will make noise and be a pain in the ass leading up to the Republicans figuring out who to put up against Harris/Buttigieg? I think there are money filtering advantages to being a candidate even if he really isn't one. I think he will technically be a 'candidate' even if he has no plan on being president again.

So define 'running' and we may have a bet.
December 4th, 2020 at 3:04:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Might be a bad bet thinking he won't run. The guy loves rallies. He loves the limelight.

People might think he hated being picked on, but he'll probably remember it as never being bored for even a second.

10 minutes after becoming an ex-president, he'll probably be bored.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2020 at 3:15:27 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
10 minutes after becoming an ex-president, he'll probably be bored.

20 minutes after, he should be in handcuffs.
December 4th, 2020 at 6:23:56 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
Meaning you think he will be the Republican nominee in 2024? Or just that he will make noise and be a pain in the ass leading up to the Republicans figuring out who to put up against Harris/Buttigieg? I think there are money filtering advantages to being a candidate even if he really isn't one. I think he will technically be a 'candidate' even if he has no plan on being president again.

I do not think he will run in 2024
December 4th, 2020 at 6:26:55 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO

I do not think he will run in 2024. You are right, that may be difficult to define.
January 6th, 2021 at 12:56:12 PM permalink
ams288
Today marks the end of Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz’s chances.
January 6th, 2021 at 1:34:32 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
It appears President Trump is already siphoning money from his "Voter Legal Defense Fund" to his PAC for his next election. I suspected this, because even Trump is smart enough to know it over (but it is a great rallying cry to gain donations from certain demographics), but now it seems that was his intention all along.

You wouldn't mean white, male, Evangelical Christian conservatives mainly from rural areas, (such as in the South) would you?

Do you know what I learned today? I learned that Raphael Warnock is the first black Senator from a former Confederate state. In 2020. I guess that's technically progress.

You should really get the hell out of there and head up here to civilization. It doesn't have to be Jersey again...the property taxes are ridiculous, for one thing. Come on up and move to Pittsburgh, we can hang out.

Quote:
We will almost certainly see Trump 2024, with a good probability that he will announce during inauguration…. Wow this is a crazy time in history...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/donald-trump-2024/index.html

"Trump has raised more than $170 million into what purports to be a legal defense fund to help finance his efforts to dispute election results in several swing states. But look closely, and you realize that a large chunk is being diverted to Save America, the leadership PAC formed by the President last month. That PAC, of course, has nothing to do with Trump's legal battles and everything to do with maintaining his power and influence within the Republican Party once he leaves office early next year. It will allow him to donate to candidates as well as finance various trips to support candidates (and raise more money for the PAC.) "

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-considers-2024-campaign-kick-inauguration-day-n1249595

"Regardless of the timing of a campaign announcement, Trump is not expected to attend the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden, according to the people familiar with the discussions. He also does not plan to invite Biden to the White House or even call him, they said. "

We've known for weeks that he was not planning to attend the Inauguration ceremony. Part of the entire Trump brand (even pre-Presidency) is an inability to admit failures, didn't you know? So what if he announces during the Inauguration? Who cares?

Quote:
Also, apparently he still has yet to call Biden, classy!

Trump seems destined to break every social convention known to humans!

He's not going to call Biden. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. There is no chance that he will admit to losing, absent some sort of caveat to the effect of being cheated out of it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 1:41:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
I think Joe Biden will resign in October 2024 and let Kamala run as the incumbent and the first female POTUS.

What kind of odds would I have to lay against that happening? I want to clarify that it MUST be June-October, 2024 (I gave you a few months)---not before. Joe Biden's death also completely cancels the bet.

I think that's an extreme long shot. You can't just hand the presidency to her. The first thing that would have to happen is that Biden would have to announce that he will not seek the Democratic Nomination. The second thing that would have to happen is either:

A. He gets the Democratic Party on board with this plan and they all but agree not to have a nomination process/handle it at convention.

OR:

B. Kamala Harris, as the VP, runs for the Democratic Nomination and wins. I guess it's theoretically possible that she could run unchallenged, but I doubt it. If she's challenged, then I imagine she would lose. Nothing really wrong with Kamala, in my view, but she finished in what---87th place last time?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 3 of 16<123456>Last »