5 votes (71.42%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

April 26th, 2022 at 10:31:54 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
How, exactly, have GOP supporters turned "fascist." Please back up your statement.

Jan. 6th for starters: trying to overthrow the government and install Herr Trump as Der Fuehrer.
April 26th, 2022 at 11:28:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Jan. 6th for starters: trying to overthrow the government and install Herr Trump as Der Fuehrer.

How does that mesh with the definition of fascism?

So Fidel Castro was a fascist because he overthrew a government?

Do you even know what "fascist" means? I have to ask because anyone who would think someone thought security guards at THD keep out women and people under age 20 I have to ask before taking seriously.

Was Algore a fascist for trying to overturn the 2000 election?
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2022 at 11:43:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
How does that mesh with the definition of fascism?

So Fidel Castro was a fascist because he overthrew a government?

Do you even know what "fascist" means? I have to ask because anyone who would think someone thought security guards at THD keep out women and people under age 20 I have to ask before taking seriously.

Was Algore a fascist for trying to overturn the 2000 election?

Algore didn't endorse an illegal means of overturning the vote such as claiming that the Vice President can declare the count void.

Quote:
The 12th Amendment of the Constitution says the vice president, as president of the Senate, is to open envelopes containing Electoral College votes from each state, count the votes and announce the winner. Nothing in the Constitution allows the vice president to change or reject votes, as claimed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 26th, 2022 at 11:48:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Algore didn't endorse an illegal means of overturning the vote such as claiming that the Vice President can declare the count void.

No, he just demanded some votes be recounted and guesses be made to "intent" vs. what the ballot actually said.

If libs here want to make claims they had better know that some of us have a memory that goes back more than 5 years.
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2022 at 11:53:34 AM permalink
missedhervee

Fascism: "Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy."

Any other questions?

Oh, and what is this nonsense about me saying security guards at THD keep women and teens out?

I never said it, and you know it.

Go back to basket weaving, you're outmatched on this forum.
April 26th, 2022 at 11:55:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
No, he just demanded some votes be recounted and guesses be made to "intent" vs. what the ballot actually said.

If libs here want to make claims they had better know that some of us have a memory that goes back more than 5 years.

Quote:
Hanging chads were partly responsible for the unusually high proportion of invalid votes recorded in Florida during the 2000 US Presidential election. As Chads weren’t completely punched through, many ballot papers recorded people voting for fewer than the minimum number of candidates required. The US invested heavily in electronic voting methods such as voting machines, but still faces significant difficulties with elections.

Yeah, your memory is bad. You shouldn't brag about it. There's a good reason to at least make the challenge whether you like it or not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 26th, 2022 at 12:06:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Fascism: "Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy."

Any other questions?

Yes, how does this differ from the far left behavior we keep seeing. Other than the far left hates USA culture so is not nationalistic. How does it differ from ANTIFA? How does it differ from speech codes on college campuses and other places?

Oh, and how did Trump have some kind of "strong regimentation of society and the economy?"

Quote:
Oh, and what is this nonsense about me saying security guards at THD keep women and teens out?

I never said it, and you know it.

Really? Your response right here on this board to me asking if you seriously thought EB implied security guards at THD keep women and people under 20 out.

That's what I thought, and I responded accordingly.

For those of us living in the real world, Home Depot does in fact have quite a lot of teens and obese people passing through their doors, at least that I've seen.

But then I live in the suburbs of a city, not in a cave in the country; maybe the locals there whack all teens and all the obese to thin the herd in order to MAGA?
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2022 at 12:08:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

As more info come out
It was an attempted coup
Pence's secret service, in touch with Trumps secret service, tried to convince Pence to get in a car and leave the capitol. Pence knew exactly what was up. He leaves , he can't certify. Pence smartly refused to get in the car preventing the coup
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 26th, 2022 at 12:10:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, your memory is bad. You shouldn't brag about it. There's a good reason to at least make the challenge whether you like it or not.

My memory is fine. I remember all kinds of libs having names for the various ways chads hung. Bottom line is they had a count and a recount yet Algore still wanted a count but only of the most blue counties. So when you lefties say "JAN 6" you can just drop dead as the "contest the election" thing was invented by the left.
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2022 at 12:12:10 PM permalink
missedhervee
Completely out of context; gee, what a surprise.

look, only a Trumpie desperate to twist the words of a libertarian would believe that I stated or agreed that THD has security guards to keep out fat and young shoppers, when I said "For those of us living in the real world, Home Depot does in fact have quite a lot of teens and obese people passing through their doors, at least that I've seen."

I myself never claimed there were security guards.

Get a grip.
Page 12 of 15« First<9101112131415>