Reopening fiasco?

Page 2 of 39<12345>Last »
July 5th, 2021 at 3:54:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
That is exactly what I said, it's a joke. It's not over except for the politicians who want it to be over. Wait till all of your folks like Switzerland opening this week. But places like Paris and the UK and Rome they still have lots of restrictions. This is going to cause another wave because the vaccination isn't working worth a crap. 3 to 5% people being admitted to hospitals with covid-19 were vaccinated and are spreading it.

Who are they spreading it to?

The dummies who refused to get vaccinated.

And your 3-5% figure of breakthrough hospitalizations is obviously an EB exaggeration. No source will be provided for those numbers, I can guarantee you.

CDC: 4,115 Fully Vaccinated Have Been Hospitalized Or Died With Breakthrough Covid-19 Infections

Quote:
Regardless, let’s put the 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths in proper perspective. Over 4,000 may sound like a large number when counting something like the number of marmots in your bed. Certainly any death is tragic. But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S. Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the 4,115 cases constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 6th, 2021 at 1:52:53 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
It's not over except for the politicians who want it to be over. Wait till all of your folks like Switzerland opening this week. But places like Paris and the UK and Rome they still have lots of restrictions.

I can agree to an extent. Politicians in the UK and US are throwing out safety measures like lunatics. I perceive in the US that GOP leaders, where they have majorities, are more inclined to discard restrictions. Is that not the case? Are the Red states being the most misguided and reckless?

Our Dumb-ass UK government are dropping most precautions and restrictions in a couple of weeks. They acknowledge that infection rates are soaring and will continue to do so. They are saying that so long as hospitalisations and death rates are low because of successful vaccines, that we can tolerate this.
Quote:
This is going to cause another wave because the vaccination isn't working worth a crap.
It's working brilliantly for the vaccinated and we brits are nearly all vaccinated now. Vax deniers amongst us might have to face the uncomfortable reality that they are surrounded by a society where the Delta variant is present and being carried and spread by those who are safe because they are unvaccinated youngsters or vaccinated but infected adults. The vaccinated ARE getting mild infections, I have a close friend who just went through it as did his two kids. Any anti-vaxer who might well be an anti masker will be like a lamb to the slaughter surrounded by the rest of us, relaxing, laughing, and breathing on him. Unfortunately, these anti-vax fools will also be incubators for mutating variant strains ready for a new pandemic.

The Anti-vaxers and anti-maskers are becoming less dangerous to we 86% who are vaccinated. We could continue to wear masks to protect those fools, but did they want to do it for us? Did they hell?

Not surprisingly, many of we 86% vaccinated ones will think 'To hell with protecting those fools' Let them get their antibodies the hard way. They had their chance to get them the easy way. And guess what..... It might once have been a mild and tolerable virus, but it's getting meaner and easier to catch.

Oh. Most antivaxers will survive. That was always true. A few will die and a few others will suffer long covid. But they chose their own way......

It's almost like an inverse zombie apocalypse where the vaccinated (us zombies) are strong, free of illness and free to mingle, but the uninfected, un vaccinated are the minority, who need to tread with care to avoid us. I never saw the zombie apocalypse from the zombie point of view before :o)

Oh and another thing. How sweet it is that not being vaccinated carries a stigma with it. With travel and other restrictions being much less for we the 86% (or 64% if you only count the double jabbed)

If you think vaccination hasn't worked, check out the 3rd and 4th set of graphs
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-51768274
July 6th, 2021 at 2:52:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
I can agree to an extent. Politicians in the UK and US are throwing out safety measures like lunatics. I perceive in the US that GOP leaders, where they have majorities, are more inclined to discard restrictions. Is that not the case? Are the Red states being the most misguided and reckless?

No, the red states are being common-sense and letting people lead a normal life. I took a convertible ride yesterday to the next state over and actually ate inside a McDonald's as the dining rooms are still closed locally.

Quote:
The Anti-vaxers and anti-maskers are becoming less dangerous to we 86% who are vaccinated. We could continue to wear masks to protect those fools, but did they want to do it for us? Did they hell?

If the vax works why do you need to wear the masks to "protect us?"
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2021 at 3:23:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman

Because we, the vaxxed, could unknowingly be carrying the virus and pass it on to the unvaxxed.

Yes, some of us actually DO care about the health of others.
July 6th, 2021 at 3:34:52 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
No, the red states are being common-sense and letting people lead a normal life. I took a convertible ride yesterday to the next state over and actually ate inside a McDonald's as the dining rooms are still closed locally.

Your choice, collectively and individually. Well, maybe not for frontline care givers that die in red states.

Quote:
Right now, there are legal requirements in some places. but setting that aside, I never did need to wear a mask to protect ;you' plural. I never did care about the health of 'you' plural. So nope. No need for me to protect you 'plural'
I might have worn a mask to break the chain of infection from me to you to a friend of mine. But now my friend is safe, No. i don't care about you 'plural'

Well, like I said. I won't need to wear a mask to protect you, because I'll neither have the obligation nor the inclination. To hell with anti-vaxers is indeed my opinion.
My wearing one, or wearing one by my currently infected young friend (who had one jab) MIGHT protect an antivaxer, because even though the vax works to prevent illness, the jury is still out on how much it prevents infectivity.

* AZDuffman labels himself as a proud antivaxer and I respect his right for that. But I label myself as an anti-anti vaxer. When I say to hell with antivaxers, I hope that is not taken as a personal insult on him. But if it is, I'll happily take a suspension.

If I say "to hell with idiots who smoke while filling their cars with gas". Would that be an insult if a member was a proud member of the smoking gas fillers association?
July 6th, 2021 at 4:12:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just read a long article written today and the covee is exploding everywhere. Kids camps, campgrounds, any place where there's lots of people. In some states the hospitals are maxed out just like they were in 2020. In California over 7,500 fully vaccinated people have got covid now. And it's climbing. In India scammers have been selling fake vaccinations since last year in handing out fake vaccinated cards. So you have thousands and thousands of people who were never vaccinated that are being treated like they were. There's no country in the world that is more full of crooks then the super religious country of India. You get a phone call or something on your computer wanting money odds are it's coming from India. They have entire office buildings that are full of nothing but phone and computer scammers operating perfectly legally.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 6th, 2021 at 4:26:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
In California over 7,500 fully vaccinated people have got covid now.

Out of how many million fully vaccinated?

And what percentage of the 7,500 actually got sick?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 6th, 2021 at 4:28:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
There's no country in the world that is more full of crooks then the super religious country of India.

We got rid of "our" Indians by bequeathing smallpox infected blankets upon them.

Looks like China is doing the same thing to India, but with covid.
July 6th, 2021 at 4:54:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Now Prince William's wife Kate Middleton is in isolation because she's got covid. The Prime Minister said today the covid-19 pandemic is far from over yet they're opening the country on July 19th like it was over. Over the 4th of July weekend a Church camp with over 400 people had 25% of them infected when they left the camp.
These 125 people will now go and infect god knows how many other people. Covid is running so rampant in Indonesia a main hospital ran out of oxygen Saturday 63 people died just because they had no oxygen. Some countries are begging Japan to cancel the Olympics again because visitors and some Olympic teams that are already there are bringing covid with them. No foreign visitors will be allowed to view the games in person but the country will still be besieged with tourists who of course we'll be bringing covid along for the ride.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 7th, 2021 at 2:44:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Because we, the vaxxed, could unknowingly be carrying the virus and pass it on to the unvaxxed.

Yes, some of us actually DO care about the health of others.

But the virus should not be surviving on you if the vax works, so how can you be carrying it?
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 39<12345>Last »