Reopening fiasco?

July 28th, 2021 at 7:43:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Why on earth should I believe anything they are telling us?

Exactly. Masks don't work they said. Then they said everybody must wear a mask. For protection everyone must be vaccinated. Now we're finding you can get covid just as easily as anyone who's not vaccinated as my wife's family is proving. Why should we believe any of the numbers they're telling us. School starts in most places in the country in two or three weeks. Colleges, grade schools high schools and these kids are all going to be mingling and giving covid to each other. Vaccinated or not vaccinated. My sister-in-law is vaccinated and she just gave covid to her vaccinated husband. That's not what they explained to us was going to happen. When the schools reopen it's going to be a Holy mess.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2021 at 8:18:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Only thing confusing is why you don't pay closer attention to what is going on. Then you wouldn't be confused.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2021 at 8:28:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Only thing confusing is why you don't pay closer attention to what is going on. Then you wouldn't be confused.

Are you talking to me? Where did I say I'm confused. I'm not confused about anything, I'm the one that post stats all the time. You're the one that must be confused.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2021 at 9:12:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Are you talking to me? Where did I say I'm confused. I'm not confused about anything, I'm the one that post stats all the time. You're the one that must be confused.

Nope, you just pointed out why you don't understand why different things are said at different times.

IN THE BEGINNING...everything said about the virus was speculative because even the experts didn't know what we were dealing with. They went with general recommendations. They stressed things like surface contact because at the time not enough was known about how it was spreading.

Recommendations therefore were expected to change over time. They would say different things later That is part of the process, not a flaw.

But then you add in more elements...Political considerations. Politicians announcing things out of ignorance or misinterpretation. Politicians saying things that they wanted the public to hear instead of facts. And straight out lies. Meanwhile Trump is going his own way from his own experts at times and saying foolish things.

Add in experts having to change recommendations on new findings.

We have the additional element of advice being given that if actually followed works just fine. But as we learned, not all of the public follows medical advice for one reason or another/ And too many people twisting stats to feed their own agenda.

So, once again, different things have to be said; different approaches have to be taken. Political considerations have to be made for people too stupid to even follow simple science.

It's still just a virus. Hospitals know exactly how to deal with this, barring things like lack of proper equipment (when they were resusing PPE) or trained personell. NOTHING HAS CHANGED ABOUT HOW A VIRUS WORKS AND HOW TO AVOID IT IN THOUSANDS OF YEARS!!! We just didn't know what particulars to enforce and that so many people WOULD BE SO DENSE.

And we have a bunch of idiots who don't believe in vaccines.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2021 at 10:34:00 PM permalink
Evenbob

IN THE BEGINNING...everything said about the virus was speculative

Nope. In the beginning the Surgeon General and Fuchi Wuchi did not speculate, they definitively said a mask does not work to protect you from a virus. These are doctors they do this for a living they either know or they don't know. They said they knew. Just a few days later they did a complete 180, a mask is just the ticket it's just what we need. Which time were they lying. The second time of course. The masks are a placebo. We later found out that exactly the same number of people got the virus whether they were wearing masks or not . Now they're lying about the vaccines. Open up the cities they said, we are protected. It turns out it's just as easy to get the virus with a vaccine as without one.
My wife's family is living proof.
July 28th, 2021 at 11:02:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Nope. In the beginning the Surgeon General and Fuchi Wuchi did not speculate, they definitively said a mask does not work to protect you from a virus. These are doctors they do this for a living they either know or they don't know. They said they knew. Just a few days later they did a complete 180, a mask is just the ticket it's just what we need. Which time were they lying. The second time of course. The masks are a placebo. We later found out that exactly the same number of people got the virus whether they were wearing masks or not . Now they're lying about the vaccines. Open up the cities they said, we are protected. It turns out it's just as easy to get the virus with a vaccine as without one.
My wife's family is living proof.

Guess you missed when I talked about my relative ending up on a heart-lung machine trying to save her from Covid. She died.

Anyway, Fauci originally said masks didn't work because of the shortage of PPE and obviously we need them more for hospital work first.

I might as well go back to talking AT Duffman. Works just as well.
July 28th, 2021 at 11:39:34 PM permalink
rxwine
As concerning Fauci. I don't know his opinion on facilitating the public welfare.
July 28th, 2021 at 11:48:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
More than 55% of physicians admit they describe their patient’s condition in a more positive light. Doctors lie because, as caretakers, their role is to improve the lives of their patients. Reassuring them during some of the most difficult times of their lives counts as improving their wellbeing. This is an acceptable practice because it does not cause harm.

If anything, you should worry if Fauci is lying about something. Might mean it's even worse than you thought.

https://www.knappandroberts.com/arizona-medical-malpractice-lawyer/can-doctors-legally-lie-to-patients/
July 29th, 2021 at 2:39:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Anyway, Fauci originally said masks didn't work because of the shortage of PPE and obviously we need them more for hospital work first.

So you are saying they will outright lie to us when it suits their needs. And you still want to believe them? Really?
The President is a fink.
July 29th, 2021 at 2:40:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Its also summer, peak summer, people are travelling, grouping, partying, so of course there is going to be spread.

Except summer is when it is not supposed to spread. People are outside not inside. Harder to spread in warmer weather. Last summer case numbers went down compared to cooler weather.
The President is a fink.