Reopening fiasco?

July 28th, 2021 at 2:25:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m gonna guess that EB is vaccinated, but he thinks it will make him look like a bad republican or something if he admits it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 28th, 2021 at 2:32:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Update. All the passengers in the van that were vaccinated have covid now. My wife probably had the mildest case she just had a sore throat a very small elevated temperature and running nose and she's over most of it.. The youngest sister who's the sickest is still sick 10 days laterl they are giving her the same drug that President Trump took when he had it. Remember I told you they took my brother away in an ambulance last week. He's been in ICU ever since and it's costing at least $15,000 a day. Luckily he has insurance. I will not visit hospital because they have covid patients there and it looks like these vaccinations are not protection.

Wow, just wow. Feeling better and better about my vax decision.

At my physical my doctor did not push it, he pushed flu shots harder in years past. Just said, "not comfortable with it yet?" and I said "correct." My guess is he by now has had the conversation over and over with patients and is taking a soft approach.
The President is a fink.
July 28th, 2021 at 3:19:50 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The vaccine will not necessarily prevent you from contracting covid, as EB's narration shows.

Rather it will cause less serious symptoms (some are asymptomatic) and minimize the likelihood of an extended ICU stay / death.
July 28th, 2021 at 3:23:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Update. All the passengers in the van that were vaccinated have covid now. My wife probably had the mildest case she just had a sore throat a very small elevated temperature and running nose and she's over most of it.. The youngest sister who's the sickest is still sick 10 days laterl they are giving her the same drug that President Trump took when he had it. Remember I told you they took my brother away in an ambulance last week. He's been in ICU ever since and it's costing at least $15,000 a day. Luckily he has insurance. I will not visit hospital because they have covid patients there and it looks like these vaccinations are not protection.

This has caused holy hell in my wife's family. Nieces and nephews are getting it from their parents, a couple have given it to their own kids. All have been vaccinated. Long planned and paid for vacations have been cancelled, long planned trips for next month are now cancelled. I was in Walmart did not see a single person wearing a mask. The fools think this is over and it's far far from over.
Thanks for posting the update.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 28th, 2021 at 4:12:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Why aren’t all vaccines 100% effective?

Vaccines are designed to generate an immune response that will protect the vaccinated individual during future exposures to the disease. Individual immune systems, however, are different enough that in some cases, a person’s immune system will not generate an adequate response. As a result, he or she will not be effectively protected after immunization.

That said, the effectiveness of most vaccines is high. After receiving the second dose of the MMR vaccine (measles, mumps and rubella) or the standalone measles vaccine, 99.7% of vaccinated individuals are immune to measles. The inactivated polio vaccine offers 99% effectiveness after three doses. The varicella (chickenpox) vaccine is between 85% and 90% effective in preventing all varicella infections, but 100% effective in preventing moderate and severe chicken pox.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2021 at 4:46:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
The vaccine will not necessarily prevent you from contracting covid, as EB's narration shows.

Rather it will cause less serious symptoms (some are asymptomatic) and minimize the likelihood of an extended ICU stay / death.

Not being overweight and having Type O blood will do the same thing.

We have all these vaccinated people yet somehow we are having another surge?

Why on earth should I believe anything they are telling us?
The President is a fink.
July 28th, 2021 at 4:56:11 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman

It's pretty easy to understand once you open your politicized, jaundiced eyes.

Only half of Americans are vaccinated.

If all were vaccinated there'd be little concern.

All of us, vaccinated or not, can be contagious and infect others.

The current Delta variant is much worse than the original virus.

Me, if I get the virus I should be OK and survive pretty easily because I am vaccinated.

You however are playing god's own game of roulette.
July 28th, 2021 at 5:15:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

The surge is far less than any prior surge. And, the surge is worse in States and counties with less vaccines (in fact its an almost perfect correlation). Its actually a great sign of the vaccines working.....

Its also summer, peak summer, people are travelling, grouping, partying, so of course there is going to be spread.

And, those who are infected while vaccinated generally have no severe issues, in many cases it turns out to be no worse than a minor inconvenience if infected while vaccinated.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/26/new-way-visualize-covid-19-case-surge-us/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html
July 28th, 2021 at 5:21:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

We're back up to 2,000 people a week dying of covid 60000 plus a day new cases being found. In places like New York mask mandates are back in place, you must wear a mask vaccinated or not in public places. Ditto California and a bunch of other states. I read that this new strain of covid can be gotten with just seven seconds exposure in a somewhat enclosed area. Like an elevator or an office cubicle. So we're back to 6 ft spacing and wearing masks all the time. I was in Walmart this afternoon. Didn't see a single mask on anybody including employees. Except me, I was wearing one. My brother-in-law who did not have it after the trip in the van was the driver he was sitting the farthest away from the sister in the back that had it. His wife is the sister that has it the worst and we're sure that he got it from her in the last week. So he was in that van and didn't get it but everybody else did.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 28th, 2021 at 6:01:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

When did you start?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?