Top U.S. Catholic Church official resigns after cellphone data used to track him on Grindr

Page 4 of 6<123456>
July 25th, 2021 at 1:09:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The age of the victim is irrelevant as to the criminal aspect of the proscribed behavior.

So what if priests prefer to go after teens as opposed to infants: both are wrong.

As were you wrong when first claiming there are more gay than straight molesters.

"The PC movement" has nothing to do with it, quit trying to deflect.
July 25th, 2021 at 1:34:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
The age of the victim is irrelevant as to the criminal aspect of the proscribed behavior.

So what if priests prefer to go after teens as opposed to infants: both are wrong.

As were you wrong when first claiming there are more gay than straight molesters.

"The PC movement" has nothing to do with it, quit trying to deflect.

The PC movement has EVERYTHING to do with it. First proof? That people claim that men who go after teen boys are "not gay."

The difference is it is a different profile of perp. Until you accept that a male that goes after another male is gay we cannot discuss this further.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 2:28:35 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Until you accept that a male that goes after another male is gay we cannot discuss this further.

I have not argued to the contrary.

I don't give a rat's ass about PC movement, that is not the issue here.

You have an agenda to introduce it, but that is not the issue.

I could care less if a priest is a Trumpie or a libtard: whether he cornholes / molests a child or a youth both are equally wrong.

The law backs me up on this: CASE CLOSED.
July 26th, 2021 at 6:51:22 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
With 98 straights to every 1 gay this comes as shocking news to you?

I am not sure those population numbers are right, especially if you count bisexuals as gay, but regardless, no it does not shock me.

Since I was a child and seeing countless abuse trainings through the years from school and everything else, it's always made very clear that men are more likley to abuse females..... It should not be a shock to anyone, though apparantly it is as some seem convinced that most abuse is on males, and that gay men are the only "offenders in this regard.....
July 26th, 2021 at 8:25:23 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Gandler
I am not sure those population numbers are right, especially if you count bisexuals as gay, but regardless, no it does not shock me.

Since I was a child and seeing countless abuse trainings through the years from school and everything else, it's always made very clear that men are more likley to abuse females..... It should not be a shock to anyone, though apparently it is as some seem convinced that most abuse is on males, and that gay men are the only "offenders in this regard.....
AZD's numbers were some way off.
In the USA, 3.9% of men openly identified as lgbt. I suspect as many again are gay but did not reveal it.
It's a sliding scale anyway (tending towards exclusively hetero or tending towards exclusively homosexual.), not that I expect AZD would acknowledge that.
I also strongly suspect that the percentage of male Catholic priests that are gay ( but maybe keep schtum) is higher than even that 3.9%
I still have no problem with the ones who are not predatory. ( of children or of youths or even of vulnerable adults )

I muse over why AZD hasn't ever mentioned 'the male rapist problem'

One in five women in the United States experienced completed or attempted rape during their lifetime.

There must be a few dozen prolific male sex offenders over there. Or is it that one in five women are liars: 'The lying women problem'

https://www.nsvrc.org/statistics

some interesting stats.
July 26th, 2021 at 8:52:39 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: OnceDear
AZD's numbers were some way off.
In the USA, 3.9% of men openly identified as lgbt. I suspect as many again are gay but did not reveal it.
It's a sliding scale anyway (tending towards exclusively hetero or tending towards exclusively homosexual.), not that I expect AZD would acknowledge that.
I also strongly suspect that the percentage of male Catholic priests that are gay ( but maybe keep schtum) is higher than even that 3.9%
I still have no problem with the ones who are not predatory. ( of children or of youths or even of vulnerable adults )

I muse over why AZD hasn't ever mentioned 'the male rapist problem'

One in five women in the United States experienced completed or attempted rape during their lifetime.

There must be a few dozen prolific male sex offenders over there. Or is it that one in five women are liars: 'The lying women problem'

some interesting stats.

I don't want to be accused of misquoting, so I will not say it was any particular poster, but a certain social conservative has said (paraphrasing), "if you a man has sex with a man even once in his life he is gay, there is not in between, unless you are in prison". Which is absurd, but I just point it out to show that there is no sliding scale in their mind you are either straight or gay, or in prison..... So they consider anyone on the "B spectrum" fully gay.....

But, yes women are victims far more often (both as children and as adults), but bear in mind certain posters also want the marriage age lowered to 14 for females, so..... Obviously they want to hyper focus on one form of abuse that fits their narrative.

As for priests, there are also a plethora of priests who abuse girls. I don't know the breakdown, but its more than a handful.
I am not Catholic (atheist), so this is not an area I have spent a great deal of time looking into (I know far more about BSA stuff as I was a member my whole childhood until 18). But, I really don't care if priests are straight or gay. If a straight priest or gay priest abuses, its wrong, their orientation is irrelevant..... The fact that the Chuch is doing stings to catch priests being gay (not doing anything just using apps and going to bars) is absurd....

People tend to hyper focus on issues of gay men abusing, because it deflects from actual social problems, of course abuse is always a tragedy and should be punished fully, but statistically, gay men abusing is nothing compared to the straight rape crisis and straight child abuse....

In any case, in this thread the priest did nothing wrong. He used an app and went to a bar. He was not even attempting to talki
to underage people (if he was this would be the main story). He was being a normal gay guy talking to adults in a bar. The fact that he is being scorned and punished is absurd..... This story has nothing to do with child abuse, it just has to do with somebody being discriminated based on their orientation (to a disturbingly Orwlellian extent, tracking his phone GPS, monitoring his dating app uses....)
July 26th, 2021 at 9:06:51 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: OnceDear

some interesting stats.

That is of course a totally biased site. Most of the so called rapes are simply a case of 'buyers regret'.

Statistics Canada which is the federal governments statistics department puts gays at 1.9% of the population in Canada.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 26th, 2021 at 10:08:02 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
That is of course a totally biased site. Most of the so called rapes are simply a case of 'buyers regret'.

Statistics Canada which is the federal governments statistics department puts gays at 1.9% of the population in Canada.

How is it biased it is a nonprofit that fights against sex crimes... Almost every Stat on that page is from the U.S. gov (CDC or BCJ), so they are citing from official gov data.... (You can click the icon and it will take you to the source page to view the original gov publication). It does not get much more official and nonbiased than the CDC and Justice Dept.
July 26th, 2021 at 10:35:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
but bear in mind certain posters also want the marriage age lowered to 14 for females,

Who?
When?
What thread?
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2021 at 10:46:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Who?
When?
What thread?

Within the last two years. Certain posters think that females under 18 should be able to marry men over 18, I think 14 was the cutoff.... (which is actually already the law in some States and territories, only for females, men must be 18, but women can be married at 14, if their parents or a court signs off on it, in some States it's 15 or 16 for females, but still 18 for males...). Females always are able to be married off younger than males in almost every State (except two I think), if their parents sign them into a marriage (or a court grants an order), though the range varies by State 14-17.

I am pretty sure it came up in "The Gay Thread", but not positive, I will try to find it later (currently on a phone and it's too much work to search on mobile). Anyway that was just a small aside in that post.
Page 4 of 6<123456>