Biden's Biggest Blunder

August 17th, 2021 at 3:13:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Islam makes no bones about homosexuality being prohibited, why are you even trying to draw a logic tree of it? But that is the least of its radical dangers. It has other radical ideas we should be far more concerned about.

I pointed out several social positions to point to their social conservatism (because you denied them being conservative).

Homosexual criminality is a big danger to individuals struggling to live their life in peace, in countries where people routinely get killed for it (look it up if you don't believe me, its basically a daily occurrence).

On an international stage there are certainly factors that pose a threat to our country that are larger in scope. However, even many of these can be based on their beliefs (that the West and Western values contrast with their traditionalist teachings, the "Decadent West" type thing....).
August 17th, 2021 at 3:20:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
We can apply sanctions on Afghanistan with or without a Taliban deal. But I don't see how we can enforce a deal to hold them to in a city like Kabul without occupying the city. And we can't scare them with just threats if we don't actually attack. And they aren't going to stand out in the open to let us do that. So, you have a shoot up a city of millions from the air.

OR we should have just stayed there. You can't save the place when you leave. I don't see a viable choice to keep them safe without occupation. So complaining that it's bad for the Afghans, then plan to stay.

It should be clear that the Taliban have no intention of honoring any deal. Even one made by the "Greatest Deal Maker of our time".... It was insanity that a President would even try to make a deal with the Taliban, when historically our goal has been to destroy them, and theirs to destroy us....

Sadly sanctions would not do much, they have other sources of revenue, sanctions only hurt ordinary people who have zero involvement on either side.

Really the only viable option is a coalition force to take control of the country and provide long term security. The second the U.S. pulls out we can assume it will fall back into chaos (and the Afghan military has no ability or desire to fight the Taliban). This is the stage we were at before, but now when we go back we will be starting from square one (and it will be even more difficult than before during the first liberation).
August 17th, 2021 at 3:46:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Sadly sanctions would not do much, they have other sources of revenue, sanctions only hurt ordinary people who have zero involvement on either side.

I want to know how to buy a Land Cruiser for resale to them. They love them, Toyota is trying to cut off supply.
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2021 at 3:49:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Homosexual criminality is a big danger to individuals struggling to live their life in peace, in countries where people routinely get killed for it (look it up if you don't believe me, its basically a daily occurrence).

A very small part of who they abuse, 1% of the population. I am far more concerned what they do to people who are Christian or Jewish. Those are wholesale massacres. Met a couple survivors. Horrible stories.
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2021 at 4:39:43 PM permalink
Gandler
I want to know how to buy a Land Cruiser for resale to them. They love them, Toyota is trying to cut off supply.

That is not even cool to joke about.

Companies are working hard to cut supply chains. We don't need individuals trying to make quick cash to contribute. This is already a problem with cell phones and other electronics.

A very small part of who they abuse, 1% of the population. I am far more concerned what they do to people who are Christian or Jewish. Those are wholesale massacres. Met a couple survivors. Horrible stories.

Any abuse is wrong. I am not more or less concerned about any violence against minorities in their communities.

The largest victim group is women, they essentially enslave over 50% of the population.

Really the only way for this to stop is for the Taliban to be eliminated. Women enrollment in schools went up orders of magnitude after the Taliban was removed from power (from basically 0%). Sadly this is what is already returning in areas that they take over.
August 17th, 2021 at 4:58:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
That is not even cool to joke about.

Companies are working hard to cut supply chains. We don't need individuals trying to make quick cash to contribute. This is already a problem with cell phones and other electronics.

Governments do it all the time. From Biden getting kickbacks from Ukraine on down.

Quote:
Really the only way for this to stop is for the Taliban to be eliminated. Women enrollment in schools went up orders of magnitude after the Taliban was removed from power (from basically 0%). Sadly this is what is already returning in areas that they take over.

Told you before will tell you again, can't happen. A country that worries about any little thing that even "offends muslims" cannot handle the wet work needed. The people who will be persecuted will have the PC culture to thank.
The President is a fink.
August 17th, 2021 at 5:08:01 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
quit worrying, they had courses in "Gender Studies" that women were taking at Kabul U. [or whatever the college was called] and a bunch of Afghan women were taking those courses. They're 'empowered' now and will just be smacking the shit out of those Taliban know-nothings.

Quote: https://www.usaid.gov/afghanistan/gender-participant-training
Gender equality and women’s empowerment are at the core of our work. In Afghanistan, strengthening gender equality is critical to all that we do...
...To bolster women’s empowerment and bring more women into Afghan public spaces, USAID designed and implemented the Agency’s largest women’s empowerment program ...Through a suite of economic, leadership, technical training, and civil society activities, Promote empowers young women and gives them resources to be a new generation of Afghan women leaders. By September 2020, more than 75,000 women and girls had benefited from Promote’s activities.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 18th, 2021 at 12:20:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The Joint Chiefs Chairman says despite multiple news reports about prior intelligence about a rapid collapse, there was no intelligence of a rapid collapse in the short timeframe it happened, and he already testified under oath to that.

So is anyone willing to testify under oath that there was?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 18th, 2021 at 12:30:43 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
The Joint Chiefs Chairman says despite multiple news reports about prior intelligence about a rapid collapse, there was no intelligence of a rapid collapse in the short timeframe it happened, and he already testified under oath to that.

So is anyone willing to testify under oath that there was?

Not surprised that everyone is in CYA mode.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 18th, 2021 at 12:40:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Not surprised that everyone is in CYA mode.

Unlike the politicians these guys are putting their careers on the line if they're lying under oath. And possibly their freedom.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?