Biden's Biggest Blunder

November 4th, 2021 at 3:16:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Biden is proving that "Anybody but Trump: hell, even an eggplant" was both prophetic and unduly optimistic.

True, Uncle Joe is hamstrung by a schism in his party and uncooperative republicans but still, America has expected more.

The poor guy is in a no-win situation not of his making.
November 4th, 2021 at 4:25:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
Biden is proving that "Anybody but Trump: hell, even an eggplant" was both prophetic and unduly optimistic.

True, Uncle Joe is hamstrung by a schism in his party and uncooperative republicans but still, America has expected more.

I didn't know that, I thought he voluntarily ran for the Presidency.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 4th, 2021 at 4:35:32 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
I didn't know that, I thought he voluntarily ran for the Presidency.

Of course you didn't know that, you've been brain-washed.

Keep reading my posts, you'll pull out of your tail spin and become whole again.
November 4th, 2021 at 5:10:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

True, Uncle Joe is hamstrung by a schism in his party and uncooperative republicans

He is hamstrung because he's a senile old fool and nobody in his party will listen to him. He has no clout, no leadership over his own party. He is literally the senile old grandpa that's at the Thanksgiving table giving advice to the younger people and nobody listens to him or takes him seriously. He cannot make anybody do anything other than the military. They have to listen to him and he totally screwed that up by not taking their advice about Afghanistan. All the Democrat politicians know Poopypants advice is worthless so they don't ask for it or heed it if he gives it. He's in the worst position a president can be in, he has no control over his own party. Just look at it, this is obvious. He's not a leader and has never been a leader. Trump was a leader in the business world for decades and he got things done when he was president. All Biden gets right everyday is his nap time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2021 at 10:15:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Well well well. The highly respected Wharton School has done an in-depth forensic examination of president Poopypants multitrillion-dollar BBB bill and it's come to the conclusion that not only is it not free it's going to cost the American taxpayers trillions of dollars. What a surprise. And just 2 days ago Mr Poopy Pants was telling a crowd somewhere that it was going to cost zero. He must really think we're stupid.

"Within a ten-year window, the package is expected to cost the taxpayers $1.87 trillion with an additional $1.56 trillion in taxes levied on American workers and families."

This is the news a lot of moderate Democrats in Congress have been looking for. They know it's not free and they know if they vote for this and it comes out afterwards that it's not free they are screwed next year. So they want to find out first before they vote and this is going to be big news for them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 4th, 2021 at 11:06:21 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Of course you didn't know that, you've been brain-washed.

Keep reading my posts, you'll pull out of your tail spin and become whole again.

"The poor guy is in a no-win situation not of his making." My comment was to your statement that the situation is not of his making. He ran for president he has to own what is going on.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 5th, 2021 at 12:08:32 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

There are certainly things out of his control but his lack of leadership ability is obvious. As a Senator, you are part of a group and don't have to show much leadership--you have to be able to win reelection to stay one, but that task every few years does not go hand in hand with leadership ability. He ran saying that he was going to unite the country, yet the very way he speaks about people is divisive. He is a phony.

Just coming in and trying to change all of Trump's policies without taking the time to figure out if parts of them worked, is an example of not being a leader. Yes, people voted against Trump and not for Biden, but there are some policies that should not have changed until he developed a real policy of his own. Just saying he is in decline gives him a pass--he ran for the office; he owns it.

Like many things in politics, it can be turned around. I doubt that happens.
November 5th, 2021 at 1:16:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
November 5th, 2021 at 2:53:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Well well well. The highly respected Wharton School has done an in-depth forensic examination of president Poopypants multitrillion-dollar BBB bill and it's come to the conclusion that not only is it not free it's going to cost the American taxpayers trillions of dollars. What a surprise. And just 2 days ago Mr Poopy Pants was telling a crowd somewhere that it was going to cost zero. He must really think we're stupid.

We needed the Wharton School to figure that out? Any person with an IQ of 104 and not tainted by academia could figure that out. The only people who thought it would be "free" are dopey liberals who do not understand how wealth is created.
The President is a fink.
November 5th, 2021 at 3:38:02 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: ams288
You thought Biden was weak in 2020 too.

Thought it would be a good idea for Dems to replace him with Cuomo if I remember correctly… 😳

Look guys. I'll be straight, I favour your Dems over your Repubs, and I despair at the lies that your Repubs are clinging to and their evil scheming. But they do it so well!

All that said, the realist in me sees things going VERY badly for the Dems in your mid terms, and no hope in sight* for 2024.

No hope in sight for the Dems keeping the Whitehouse and no hope in sight for the world when they don't. With a likely red wave in 2022, Biden will be completely hog-tied and will bumble towards inevitable defeat in 2024. Think trump was bad? That was just a rehearsal.

Even though I wish Biden and the Dems every success, they come across as a complete cluster****. Whether Biden is senile* or not, he is successfully being portrayed as senile. Whether he pooped his pants or not, the reputation is sticking. Whether the 2020 election was stolen or not... well folk's believe and nobody's being swayed.

Apart from a house plant being better than trump, the Dems have nothing. No plan B. No strong VP ready to step forward, probably no good candidate for 2024.
Meanwhile trump lurks. If not him, then someone he endorses. Best we can hope for is that trump splits the Repubs, but when your best hope is that your opponent fails, you better not be seen to fail yourself. Hear that Biden?

From over on this side of the pond, it looks like every vote now is a vote of no confidence in Biden personally, and a despair that the Dems are delivering nothing by trying to deliver too much. The repugnant Repubs are not helping, of course, being very skilled in their craft of manipulating every aspect of government and of public opinion. They just grind away, at democracy, at truth, and at civil rights of 'the lower classes', The Dems are out of their depth. Heck, infighting by the few shows they always were.

Quote: wapo
Reeling Democrats see threat to House and Senate control as Republicans crack their 2020 coalition

Yup. Threatened indeed. And like a rabbit in the headlights.

I think Abigail Spanberger was right (though dammit woman, shut the hell up: Don't tell the world) when she said "Nobody elected him to be F.D.R., they elected him to be normal and stop the chaos," Seems she is on the button to me.

With his slim majority in the house and no real majority in the Senate, Biden and the Dems were dumb to push big spending plans. If they had simply tackled Covid well and not screwed up the optics of Afghanistan, they would have had some chance. As it is, I can't see this ending well..... Lose House or Senate and Biden really will be stymied. Inevitable?

Oh yes, and did that whole debt ceiling thing get resolved? That's another ticking time bomb. Tick Tock.

*I think Biden is indeed senile or heading that way. The Presidency takes it's toll always and you always needed a younger guy.