Biden's Biggest Blunder

August 26th, 2021 at 8:22:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
you can save your sleepless nights for when the Republicans run commercials juxtaposing today's headlines about the explosion and having to tell Americans to get away from the airport , with Ol' Joking Joe segments

Commercials for what? The 2024 election?

You’re crazy if you think anyone* will care about this by then.

*besides the usual suspects like flea who fake outrage over everything
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 26th, 2021 at 8:52:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
you can save your sleepless nights for when the Republicans run commercials juxtaposing today's headlines about the explosion and having to tell Americans to get away from the airport , with Ol' Joking Joe segments

Why is it that it seems most conservatives lack a sense of humor
weird
Theres like only one conservative comedian, Gutfield o9r something like that. He's not even funny. Just scowling.
At the Al Smith dinner, Trump could not bring himself to tell a joke. WTF
Now Odious complaining about a joke
Whats the matter with you guys
Cant you guys takie a joke and laugh
Life is short
Might as well laugh and enjoy it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 26th, 2021 at 8:55:28 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Why is it that it seems most conservatives lack a sense of humor
weird
Theres like only one conservative comedian, Gutfield o9r something like that. He's not even funny. Just scowling.
At the Al Smith dinner, Trump could not bring himself to tell a joke. WTF
Now Odious complaining about a joke
Whats the matter with you guys
Cant you guys takie a joke and laugh
Life is short
Might as well laugh and enjoy it

Some of us laugh every day, usually at the Democratic party.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 26th, 2021 at 9:02:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Some of us laugh every day, usually at the Democratic party.

:-)
Will Rogers said it best
"I dont belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 26th, 2021 at 10:02:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The fact that Beijing Joe is giving flippant sarcastic answers is very very telling on his state of mind. He is realizing that he has screwed this up horribly and he now has to answer for it and his thin veneer of civility is cracking. Here is a guy who has never had to answer for anything in his life. A serial plagiarizer, basically a child molester, and he's never had to answer for it. Now he's in a position where the buck stops with him and he doesn't know how to handle it. He cannot sluff this off on somebody else, he's going to be asked hard questions and he doesn't deal with hard questions. Him giving a sarcastic answer shows us he thinks he's in an ivory tower and how dare we try and make him accountable. The chickens have finally come home to roost for Beijing Joe Biden.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 26th, 2021 at 10:29:23 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
Thank God. Does that also include increasingly unheard from?

LOL

This weak flame comes from the keyboard of a guy who just got a two week muzzling / suspension at WoV ...

I for one most surely will NOT miss your myriad posts, Spike; they're sort of like projectile vomiting.

You might want to use your two week "vacation" to reflect upon the "error of your ways."
August 26th, 2021 at 10:35:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
LOL

This weak flame comes from the keyboard of a guy who just got a two week muzzling / suspension at WoV ...

I for one most surely will NOT miss your myriad posts, Spike; they're sort of like projectile vomiting.

You might want to use your two week "vacation" to reflect upon the "error of your ways."

I wouldn't worry about it, MrV. There are some posters, and I'm not going to mention any names, who other posters only wish were completely unheard from...and I don't think you are one of those. I tend to enjoy it when you're around.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 26th, 2021 at 10:45:09 AM permalink
missedhervee
EB, aka Spike and I have fumed and flamed one another on various gambling boards over the years: it's good sport.

He's a fairly formidable adversary, by which I mean he's like a Timex in that he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
August 26th, 2021 at 10:48:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
LOL

Pretty funny how that happened. Because I dictate now instead of use the keyboard I'm not as careful in re-reading what I just wrote. The thing that got me suspended is not something I intended to put in the post it's something I said out loud inadvertently after I was done. LOL

On a side note I just heard that 24 Afghan Refugee students from SoCal are visiting Afghanistan with six of their parents and they're stuck there. They went back to the Homeland on vacation to visit friends and relatives and they can't get back to the USA. I guess there's irony in there somewhere. Why would you be that god-awful stupid to visit Afghanistan during this season of unrest. They left the country to escape the Taliban, what do they think will happen once the Taliban finds them. Absolute arrogance on their part in ever going back there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 26th, 2021 at 10:56:06 AM permalink
missedhervee
They must have been lulled into false complacency, as I suspect was Biden.

Oops.