I Love Walmart & Amazon

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
May 4th, 2023 at 2:55:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Reddit joke

If you were in Walmart and everything became free for 10 minutes, what would you get?

Trampled to death
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 4th, 2023 at 5:44:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Reddit joke

If you were in Walmart and everything became free for 10 minutes, what would you get?

Trampled to death

I would go straight to the AA batteries because I always seem to be running out of them.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 6th, 2023 at 5:28:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Reddit joke

Trampled to death

I would go straight to the AA batteries because I always seem to be running out of them.

I get all my batteries at Dollar Tree and yes they last just as long as the expensive batteries. I was skeptical too until I looked it up. When you buy a name brand you're paying for that name not for the quality of the battery. I have a drawer in my desk that has nothing but batteries in it. Cannot have too many. I'll bet I've got six LED flashlights in various places around the house including one in my pocket all the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 6th, 2023 at 6:49:14 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Prime doesn't give you free shipping. If deodorant costs $10 at Dollar General, it shouldn't cost $15 Amazon prime
May 7th, 2023 at 1:48:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: DRich
Reddit joke

Trampled to death

I get all my batteries at Dollar Tree and yes they last just as long as the expensive batteries. I was skeptical too until I looked it up. When you buy a name brand you're paying for that name not for the quality of the battery. I have a drawer in my desk that has nothing but batteries in it. Cannot have too many. I'll bet I've got six LED flashlights in various places around the house including one in my pocket all the time.

When Harbor Freight had the free coupons I would often get those little flashlights. They are likewise all around my place in case of a blackout. Be prepared.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2023 at 10:59:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Police have seized remarkably sophisticated card skimmers that were installed at several Walmarts.
The devices appear "identical" to the actual payment terminals used by the retailer.
Security video from one store shows three suspects installing a device while an employee is busy with a transaction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/walmart-shoppers-may-have-used-fake-payment-machines-that-look-identical-to-the-real-thing-here-s-how-to-avoid-skimmers/ar-AA1dZ8BM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=807da35538cb4cc4a7c531aff3fc0cc8&ei=16
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 27th, 2023 at 4:16:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Walmart will be offering buy now, pay later options at its self-checkouts across 4,500 stores, as customers around the country complain about the store's self-service kiosks.

The major change will mean customers can walk away with their items, without paying in full, instead settling the costs later.
December 27th, 2023 at 7:26:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I don't know if I posted this before, but there is one thing I only recently learned that has improved my experience at self-checkout. Yes, sometimes the line is just too long to skip those, even for me, who hates them

they expect this sequence: first you scan* the item, then the setup expects to feel the weight of what you bought put in the bag. How that helps foil cheaters I don't know. Certainly, if it senses you put something in the bag without scanning first, yeah, I get that. But the reverse of that is expected as well. So now I make sure the machine senses that sequence, I don't just put something lightly in the bag. Prior to this, the machine would stop all the time and the clerk would have to come over. Lately it's been pretty smooth

* I can do that ok! that part of it is fine
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 5 of 5« First<2345