Supreme Court

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
October 29th, 2021 at 4:55:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Trump packed the court, thinking they'd vote to overturn the election: nope.

He packed the court, thinking they'd buy into his right wing agenda: nope.

In a moment of clarity the USSC agreed that vaccinations can be ordered as a condition of employment.

"The Supreme Court declined Friday to block Maine's requirement for health care workers to receive a Covid-19 vaccine, even though it doesn't contain a religious exemption."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-declines-block-vaccine-mandate-health-workers-maine-n1282757
October 29th, 2021 at 5:12:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee

In a moment of clarity the USSC agreed that vaccinations can be ordered as a condition of employment.

"The Supreme Court declined Friday to block Maine's requirement for health care workers to receive a Covid-19 vaccine, even though it doesn't contain a religious exemption."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-declines-block-vaccine-mandate-health-workers-maine-n1282757

Means nothing. It just means that the constitution makes no provisions for telling businesses what they can and cannot do when it comes to health care. This is not a communist country yet. It's the only way they could rule.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 29th, 2021 at 6:26:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

You are just proving the worth of having independent conservative jurors. Lefty jurors just do as they are told regardless of the constitution.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 29th, 2021 at 6:42:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: kenarman
You are just proving the worth of having independent conservative jurors. Lefty jurors just do as they are told regardless of the constitution.

Bwa ha ha ha

Remember all those good old boy conservatives in the South who got on juries and wouldn't vote to convict obviously guilty white men for murdering blacks?

Sure you do, and I bet you remember it fondly.

Pot ---> Kettle ---> Black
October 29th, 2021 at 6:53:42 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Bwa ha ha ha

Remember all those good old boy conservatives in the South who got on juries and wouldn't vote to convict obviously guilty white men for murdering blacks?

Sure you do, and I bet you remember it fondly.

What do juries of your peers consisting of bigoted lay people have to do with the top jurists in the land who swear to uphold the constitution? Oh now I understand you think it is okay for lefty jurists to be biased.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 29th, 2021 at 7:13:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
I never said that.

No juries should allow their personal bias to affect their judgment when empanelled.
October 29th, 2021 at 7:15:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Racist
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 29th, 2021 at 7:21:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Evenbob
Means nothing. It just means that the constitution makes no provisions for telling businesses what they can and cannot do when it comes to health care. This is not a communist country yet. It's the only way they could rule.

People on the Right know that scotus is there to interpret the Constitution. Lefty's always think it's there to make new laws. It's not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 29th, 2021 at 8:47:11 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quoting / talking to yourself, eh?

I guess that's OK, just don't carry on a conversation.

Actually, the framers wanted the USSC to act as a check / foil to the power of the other two branches.

As for your argument, both sides believe it is the role of the USSC to interpret the constitution; problem is, republicans want a conservative interpretation in aid of maintaining white supremacy and "keeping things the way they are," i.e. anti-change, whereas the democrats want a more liberal, expansive interpretation to allow the law to change and adjust to the changing needs, attitudes, and racial make up of American society today.

This country was born in blood, I fear so shall it fall.
October 30th, 2021 at 3:32:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Trump did not pack the court.

No wonder Trump supporter behavior "baffles" you. You do not even know what "packing the court" means.

For the love of God turn off CNN and PMSNBC.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 61234>Last »