Ukraine conflict

October 26th, 2022 at 3:17:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Still waiting on Shock and awe :-)
In the meantime looks like Church Lady is now leading the Russian war in Ukraine
The new enemy
Satan himself
I kid you not

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/10/25/2131184/-Russia-s-8-month-de-nazification-campaign-failed-now-de-satanization-is-the-military-goal
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 23rd, 2022 at 6:02:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/11/ukraine-lights-out-no-water-and-soon-no-heat-.html#more
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 23rd, 2022 at 7:42:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson said the United States had provided more than $250 million for “winterization efforts” in Ukraine — funds intended for heating fuel, generators, warm blankets and shelter repairs.

Short of nuking the border of Poland, Russia doesn't have enough firepower to stop every vehicle. One car can carry quite a lot of army rations even if they can't always get fresh food in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2022 at 6:13:43 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/11/ukraine-lights-out-no-water-and-soon-no-heat-.html#more
That's one heck of a grim view. It may or may not be stating facts but is very much a defeatist article. "Surrender now, Ukraine before we have to spend any more". It reads like a Russia Today editorial.

It concedes that Putin is winning. If Putin gets Ukraine, then East European countries will fall like dominoes and NATO will get dragged in (deeper). Ukraine, Europe and the Western world, even the US, are fighting an existential threat. Do you think the US will be in a better position if Russia destroys or dominates Europe?
Maybe we'll find out when Putin's GOP allies control US foreign policy.
November 24th, 2022 at 3:39:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: OnceDear
That's one heck of a grim view. It may or may not be stating facts but is very much a defeatist article. "Surrender now, Ukraine before we have to spend any more". It reads like a Russia Today editorial.

It concedes that Putin is winning. If Putin gets Ukraine, then East European countries will fall like dominoes and NATO will get dragged in (deeper). Ukraine, Europe and the Western world, even the US, are fighting an existential threat. Do you think the US will be in a better position if Russia destroys or dominates Europe?
Me personally? Putin didn't start this conflict, but keeps getting forced in to protect the Russians that have lived there for a hundred years. He wasn't trying to expand this war. But it's hard not to shoot back when the west keeps loading up Zelensky with the newest, greatest weaponry known. Drone's, and the US lastest manpads, the Javelins. If we are going to furnish that kind of weaponry to this cocaine addicted, previous circus clown that is being directed by "others", Putin has to draw a line somewhere. He get's blamed for rockets landing in Poland which aren't Russian. They blow up the bridge that he just spent billions on for trade to Crimea. I don't think he wants conflict. But because of his geo position and oil, we can't let him be. We forced him into Xi's arms and the belt and road agreement with China. We have created an enemy larger than ourselves.

Follow the money. https://news.antiwar.com/2022/11/23/us-announces-400-million-weapons-package-for-ukraine/

added: https://thesaker.is/goodbye-g20-hello-brics/
November 24th, 2022 at 3:41:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
https://youtu.be/dfgF4x7TCmM Very informative video
November 24th, 2022 at 3:43:31 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: OnceDear

I don't live in Europe but I find the thought of a NATO Russia conflict intriguing. To me war is the ultimate strategy game and I would be very interested in seeing how it would play out.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 17th, 2022 at 4:06:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
In an attempt to attract more volunteers to the front, Russian videos posted on social networks in the past few days are trying to appeal to Russian men through the narratives of patriotism, morality and upward social mobility.

One of the videos, posted on December 14, features a young man who is choosing to fight instead of partying with his male friends and then surprises everyone by buying himself a car with the money he made from fighting on a military contract.

In another video, posted on December 15, the former girlfriend of a soldier is newly impressed with his courage and begs him to get back together with her. A further example shows a middle-aged man leaving the factory job that doesn't pay him enough to sign a military contract and go to the front.

Another of the videos shows a group of 30-something, well-off Russian men loading a car as they are asked by elderly women where are they going. One of the men replies: "To Georgia. Forever." When one woman spills a bag of groceries, the men just get into the car and leave, instead of helping, while younger Russian men rush to pick up the groceries. "The boys have left, the men stayed," one of the elderly women concludes.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2022 at 4:12:24 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
It will be interesting to see which version of the patriot defense system we send them. Hopefully the long range version but I doubt we will.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 18th, 2022 at 11:03:32 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: DRich
It will be interesting to see which version of the patriot defense system we send them. Hopefully the long range version but I doubt we will.

I'd say the one that works properly.... But that doesn't exist.

Here's a thought for the team in control of a Patriot Battery....
You have a launcher with 4x missiles costing >$3,000,000 each. Your radar spots and locks onto 5 Iranian made, propellor driven drones. ($20,000 each)

Do you A) do nothing and wait for the drones to take your patriots out?
or B) Launch your 4 patriots, take out 4 drones and pray that the fifth drone does not take out your empty launcher vehicle or Radar control truck?

Whatever Patriots get sent must only be used on valuable or extremely dangerous incoming targets. What defends the Patriots?

For the Ruskies, It's a no brainer. Target the $15m or so of loaded Patriot launcher with your flying bomb., or target the $1m substation.

We already had an example where a Patriot took out an incoming $300 drone.

Wrong tool for the job