Ukraine conflict

March 1st, 2022 at 7:15:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rquiredusername
In OUR view. You’re talking about taking over Belarus, not Russia. Taking Russia invading a separate country as an EXCUSE to install our preferred regime by force. Completely pathetic and the reason much of the world hates us with cause. I’m aware Belarus allowed their border to be used as an entry point. Just the excuse, not reason, someone with your view would be waiting for.

Russia forcefully installed a puppet in Belarus I am not sure the population of Belarus is happy with their current government.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 1st, 2022 at 7:21:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
In OUR view. You’re talking about taking over Belarus, not Russia. Taking Russia invading a separate country as an EXCUSE to install our preferred regime by force. Utterly pathetic and the reason much of the world hates us with cause. The not so justified reason much of the world hates us is propaganda related, we’re the country everyone has heard of so some other countries trash our faults as a way to make their citizens appreciate their own country more. I’m aware Belarus allowed their border to be used as an entry point. Just the excuse, not reason, someone with your views and the military industrial complex would be waiting for to invade.

Their forces will likley be invading soon in the next push. It's a government we don't need in Europe. Their removal is long overdue, last Dictatorship in Europe (Not counting Russia as part of Europe). This is just an optimal opportunity that is pushing everyone to the brink that they can be talked into it.

Taking over Russia would not be worthwhile, but taking certain pacific islands back from them would, as reparations.
March 1st, 2022 at 7:51:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Howard Stern
"I voted for many Republicans. I don’t see how I’ll ever get back to that. They’ve just totally disappointed me and their support of Vladimir Putin, the praise they heap on him. Trump’s praise of Vladimir Putin. This guy’s a fucking animal. I wish he was dead, like I wish Hitler was dead.”
Preach Howard preach
The Putin lover won the CPAC poll
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 1st, 2022 at 11:03:42 AM permalink
terapined
John Bolton throwing Trump under the bus.
No doubt Putin has something on Trump
https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-bolton-says-trump-barely-180518668.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 1st, 2022 at 11:30:25 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Their forces will likley be invading soon in the next push. It's a government we don't need in Europe. Their removal is long overdue, last Dictatorship in Europe (Not counting Russia as part of Europe). This is just an optimal opportunity that is pushing everyone to the brink that they can be talked into it.

Taking over Russia would not be worthwhile, but taking certain pacific islands back from them would, as reparations.

The exceptionalism and justification is unbelievable. If they invade then you have a case. “We don’t need,” “They probably will” are inventing or fabricating reasons. Sort of like, you know, Russia just did. “Opportunity to talk into” jfc, that’s two wolves talking to a sheep about what’s for dinner instead of waiting for a just cause.
March 1st, 2022 at 11:30:49 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
North Americans are volunteering to go to Ukraine to fight the Russians:

https://news.yahoo.com/americans-canadians-answer-ukraine-call-002203208.html

Bravo, gentlemen, bravo.

Unhappily, many if not most will probably die if they get in place before the Russian juggernaut finally gets set and then unleashes its full power.

Still and all it is a very noble gesture.
March 1st, 2022 at 1:58:47 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee
North Americans are volunteering to go to Ukraine to fight the Russians:

https://news.yahoo.com/americans-canadians-answer-ukraine-call-002203208.html

Bravo, gentlemen, bravo.

Unhappily, many if not most will probably die if they get in place before the Russian juggernaut finally gets set and then unleashes its full power.

Still and all it is a very noble gesture.

I don't believe in the Russian juggernaut
I don't think the Russian morale is high for this
I don't have confidence in their equipment.
I think they are already bogged down
March 1st, 2022 at 2:18:06 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I don't believe in the Russian juggernaut
I don't think the Russian morale is high for this
I don't have confidence in their equipment.
I think they are already bogged down

Given your heritage TP you should be able to understand that with Putin's personality it will be all about 'saving face' if he had to withdraw now. He would pound the cities to pulp with rockets before he left. He must be given some kind of bone that he can spin to the Russian people as a victory.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 1st, 2022 at 2:24:51 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
The exceptionalism and justification is unbelievable. If they invade then you have a case. “We don’t need,” “They probably will” are inventing or fabricating reasons. Sort of like, you know, Russia just did. “Opportunity to talk into” jfc, that’s two wolves talking to a sheep about what’s for dinner instead of waiting for a just cause.

Come on. You know Belarus is a failing, and corrupt country, its basically Russia's last friend (even China will not go as far as supporting them on the ground).

Think about it, they let the Russian Army stage and invade from their country. We have toppled countries for less (for simply harboring terrorists).

And, those are all just grand strategy points, that is not even getting into the vast number of human rights abuses committed by the totalitarian government.

John Bolton has been saying for years that America needs to oversee the transition of Belarus, because if we don't Russia will when the Dictator dies, and that will mean it will be annexed into Russia or become a puppet State of Russia, John Bolton is not perfect, but this is spot on. And, this gives us both legal and moral justification to accomplish this, with huge support from the world (and even from most Russians and Belarus citizens).

You may hate America, and its foreign involvement (that is your right), but when we go into a country, we remove people who are artificially propped up, and allow the people to elect their own government (even if that turns out badly for us meaning that the result of democracy can often be extremism). But, we are not Russia, we don't go into countries to annex. We remove dictators and then let natural progression play out, which in theory if not in practice is the morally correct position.

If we go into Belarus, we will make Belarus a nation for the people of Belarus. If Russia goes into Belarus, it will shortly be Russia (like they are trying to do with Ukraine).

So yes we have justification and exceptionalism by the simple fact of being the greatest country on the planet, and being a global shield for peace.

Russia has been justifying their action by saying its because they feel like they are being surrounded. But, this action shows why Russia needs to be surrounded....
March 1st, 2022 at 2:27:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Putin's likely to demand something for quitting the war. But that's like agreeing with a burglar that you'll give up a few items to him, and then both call it even and he leaves.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?