Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

May 22nd, 2022 at 2:03:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 16811
Quote: kenarman
That sounds like the typical lefty gal. Abort herself with a coat hanger using her IPhone so she can see, record it and post it on facebook. These new gals they don't no help, asking if you can help them is racist.


Let them have the coat hangers on them as much as possible. Lets smart guys not waste time dating them.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2022 at 3:44:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 23
Posts: 3331
Quote: kenarman
That sounds like the typical lefty gal. Abort herself with a coat hanger using her IPhone so she can see, record it and post it on facebook. These new gals they don't no help, asking if you can help them is racist.


No, in some States if you assist somebody with an abortion you can be charged with a crime (but not the person who is receiving the abortion), so it is a way to care about those in their life.

Also, I just looked up abortion in Canada, no restrictions up to pregnancy (no arbitrary week or day or development cycle cutoff), and is funded by the government.

Stop trying to make an already restrictive country more restrictive when you live in one of the most pro-abortion countries in the world (which is a good thing, I am not saying you should try to change it).

People in Canada have no concept of the challenge of getting abortion in the U.S., especially in conservative States.
May 22nd, 2022 at 4:28:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 11
Posts: 3458
Quote: Gandler
No, in some States if you assist somebody with an abortion you can be charged with a crime (but not the person who is receiving the abortion), so it is a way to care about those in their life.

Also, I just looked up abortion in Canada, no restrictions up to pregnancy (no arbitrary week or day or development cycle cutoff), and is funded by the government.

Stop trying to make an already restrictive country more restrictive when you live in one of the most pro-abortion countries in the world (which is a good thing, I am not saying you should try to change it).

People in Canada have no concept of the challenge of getting abortion in the U.S., especially in conservative States.


I wouldn't call Canada pro abortion just because they are relatively easily obtained. Our rate of abortion is lower than the US. Abortions have become extremely politicized in the US as most issues are now. All both sides can say now is I am right and you are wrong about anything. Consensus is a thing of the past.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 22nd, 2022 at 4:50:54 PM permalink
Gandler
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 23
Posts: 3331
Quote: kenarman
I wouldn't call Canada pro abortion just because they are relatively easily obtained. Our rate of abortion is lower than the US. Abortions have become extremely politicized in the US as most issues are now. All both sides can say now is I am right and you are wrong about anything. Consensus is a thing of the past.


Yes, as it is in many countries. When it is legal the need/desire decreases, that is the problem with prohibition. (Canada is about half of America, per capita).

But, you are underselling, its not "relatively easy" compared to Mississippi, even the worst place in Canada is like an abortion drive-through....

The problem with America is access is very inconsistent. Some states are great. There are some states with literally one clinic for the whole state (which is not an exaggeration) ....

Access and funding do matter.

We need what you have. Abortion as a right with no questions, and provided by the government. This objectively leads to better health and society.

Abortion and other social issues are polarized because religion has way too much power in the U.S. which is ironic for a country designed for secularity.
May 22nd, 2022 at 5:36:05 PM permalink
kenarman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 11
Posts: 3458
Quote: Gandler


We need what you have. Abortion as a right with no questions, and provided by the government. This objectively leads to better health and society.

Abortion and other social issues are polarized because religion has way too much power in the U.S. which is ironic for a country designed for secularity.


There you go doing what most young people do today. Confusing needs and wants. You are also making a political argument about your position. Yes religion doesn't support abortion but then you have to make a blanket statement against religion. That is politics not science, 75% of Americans consider themselves religious.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 22nd, 2022 at 5:41:24 PM permalink
missedhervee
Member since: Apr 23, 2021
Threads: 56
Posts: 2235
Quote: Gandler
Abortion and other social issues are polarized because religion has way too much power in the U.S. which is ironic for a country designed for secularity.


Bingo: Superstition / the need for lost souls to believe in an invisible being who controls everything is the problem.

That way they think they can avoid personal responsibility for their idiotic actions, i.e. "The bible tells me so."

We need to tax the income and property of churches the same we do individuals; I see no good reason why they still get a bye.
May 22nd, 2022 at 8:23:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 157
Posts: 14854
We probably should relabel egg cartons, as "baby chicks" to be consistent. Everything having the value of an adult animal can't be limited to just humans.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 22nd, 2022 at 8:46:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 157
Posts: 14854
In many states first degree murder which is willful and planned often gets a life sentence or the death penalty. All the anti-abortion lawmakers should explain if they're not asking for such sentences. I've certainly never heard of someone who knowingly assists in driving someone to a murder they're about to commit only getting a fine. If you're going to label them baby murders then act like it. Or we'll know that you're full of it.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 22nd, 2022 at 9:13:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 157
Posts: 14854
In life at conception cases you could potentially be put in prison for years for something that barely weighs 1 ounce in a month.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 23rd, 2022 at 2:42:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 16811
Quote: Gandler


We need what you have. Abortion as a right with no questions, and provided by the government. This objectively leads to better health and society.


Sounds like Russia. Why are you so fascinated with the government doing everything? Abortion should not be subsidized by the government by even a penny.

Religion does not "have too much power" in the USA. It is that the USA has too many bigots who cannot handle religious people among them.
The President is a fink.