Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

July 3rd, 2022 at 11:34:02 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You totally side stepped the question. You are willing to condemn smokers because it is a lifestyle choice but are unwillingly to condemn a different group who puts themselves at risk with their lifestyle choice.

How about prostitutes of any sex do you condemn them for the dangers, both physical and diseases, of their lifestyle? Personally I can feel sympathy for anyone with health problems without judging their lifestyle.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 3rd, 2022 at 12:04:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
You totally side stepped the question. You are willing to condemn smokers because it is a lifestyle choice but are unwillingly to condemn a different group who puts themselves at risk with their lifestyle choice.

How about prostitutes of any sex do you condemn them for the dangers, both physical and diseases, of their lifestyle? Personally I can feel sympathy for anyone with health problems without judging their lifestyle.

I'm not assuming all gays act exactly the same way like you are. But i have no problem saying, why should I feel sorry for someone who engages happily in risky behavior.

For prostitutes that go into the lifestyle with coercion, or too young, or desperate, I'm not condemning any of them. But if the Happy Hooker reaps a negative outcome, I'm not feeling sorry for her.

Also, you're getting the wrong idea. If people want to harm themselves without harming others, I'm not condemning them at all. Just don't ask me to treat them like they fell victim to something they knew had increasing probability

You're the one giving people an undeserved pass. It's fine when you don't know the circumstances of why someone did something, but here we had someone who told us outright.

So, you're the one who needs to make excuses, not me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2022 at 12:11:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Live your lives and don't worry about what other people think. I live a totally unhealthy lifestyle and know I will die much younger than average. I don't deserve sympathy and am not looking for any. Be yourselves.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 3rd, 2022 at 12:27:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
I'm not assuming all gays act exactly the same way like you are. But i have no problem saying, why should I feel sorry for someone who engages happily in risky behavior.

For prostitutes that go into the lifestyle with coercion, or too young, or desperate, I'm not condemning any of them. But if the Happy Hooker reaps a negative outcome, I'm not feeling sorry for her.

Also, you're getting the wrong idea. If people want to harm themselves without harming others, I'm not condemning them at all. Just don't ask me to treat them like they fell victim to something they knew had increasing probability

You're the one giving people an undeserved pass. It's fine when you don't know the circumstances of why someone did something, but here we had someone who told us outright.

So, you're the one who needs to make excuses, not me.

Your position is a crutch RX. It allows you to not give a s***t about (very easy to cross the line to hate} people who life styles you disagree with. I don't care what life style people choose but I can still have sympathy for them is their lifestyle ends up causing them serious problems. Whether I want to help them or shoot them is a different question. If they aren't hurting anyone but themselves the shooting choice is unlikely.
July 3rd, 2022 at 12:38:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Your position is a crutch RX. It allows you to not give a s***t about (very easy to cross the line to hate} people who life styles you disagree with. I don't care what life style people choose but I can still have sympathy for them is their lifestyle ends up causing them serious problems. Whether I want to help them or shoot them is a different question. If they aren't hurting anyone but themselves the shooting choice is unlikely.

No, I'm all for helping people who want to help themselves. And to the others, do what you want, but don't weave into other people's lanes. That's where the liberal nanny state comes in. If you can't keep your bad business in your own space, and harm me or others, then I'm gonna try to interfere with that lifestyle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2022 at 1:24:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
No, I'm all for helping people who want to help themselves. And to the others, do what you want, but don't weave into other people's lanes. That's where the liberal nanny state comes in. If you can't keep your bad business in your own space, and harm me or others, then I'm gonna try to interfere with that lifestyle.

Okay I can agree with the above. As usual the devil is in the details and in this case is about what is going to harm us or not. Our disagreement comes from not having the same list of harmful behaviors.
July 3rd, 2022 at 5:28:13 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
I live a totally unhealthy lifestyle and know I will die much younger than average.

Maybe not.

My wife's grandfather used to smoke cigars and drink a half-bottle of cheap scotch every day. "It has to burn on the way down." He died at 92, following elective surgery that my mother in law talked him into getting. He may have been the last living person to have known Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone.
July 4th, 2022 at 2:17:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FOXNEWS
On June 8, an armed man was charged with attempted murder after he traveled to Justice Kavanaugh's home and admitted to law enforcement his plan to assassinate the justice because he was upset about gun rights and abortion.

You have to love crazy liberals. Is against gun rights so plans to assassinate a SCOTUS justice, presumably by shooting him.

Can't make this stuff up.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2022 at 2:44:49 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tanko
Maybe not.

My wife's grandfather used to smoke cigars and drink a half-bottle of cheap scotch every day. "It has to burn on the way down." He died at 92, following elective surgery that my mother in law talked him into getting. He may have been the last living person to have known Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but seeing as I just had my 25th operation six months ago, the smart money is on the under.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 5th, 2022 at 7:25:31 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: AZDuffman
Even though he is out of office some of the male members on here still have some sort of secret crush on him.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I BET U RIGHT BROTHA!!!!!

I BET LIL MAN WANT DATE TRUMP HAHAHA!!!!!!!

Quote: AZDuffman
It is a very sick person who would cheer a man having lung cancer like that.
A REALLY REALLY SICK DUDE SAID HE DANCE IN THE STREETS IF PEOPLE DIE!!!! SICK MAN SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!