Nelson Mandela effect thread!

Page 2 of 4<1234>
July 20th, 2022 at 4:05:41 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: Wizard
That is wrong, but how 99% of people answer.

I also don't require the question, just the part before the comma.

You are right. I just went to good old Google and looked up,"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" The answer is actually,"Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" :) Nelson Mandela effect in effect. ;)
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
July 20th, 2022 at 4:25:10 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
this is a case of being able to google something and get the wrong answer if you aren't careful, which happened to me, I just tested it again. I thought the Wizard was being a stickler about 'fairest of them' as some would say "the most beautiful of them"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 20th, 2022 at 5:41:37 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: odiousgambit
this is a case of being able to google something and get the wrong answer if you aren't careful, which happened to me, I just tested it again. I thought the Wizard was being a stickler about 'fairest of them' as some would say "the most beautiful of them"

There were a lot of wrong answers in the Googlesphere…
July 20th, 2022 at 10:34:05 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Riverjordan
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" Is the right answer(question) to the Snow White question. :)

You missed it by one word.. the first word.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 20th, 2022 at 11:30:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Riverjordan
You are right. I just went to good old Google and looked up,"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" The answer is actually,"Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" :) Nelson Mandela effect in effect. ;)

You still have it wrong, the question is actually "who is the fairest one of all"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 20th, 2022 at 12:05:08 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
There are a number of misquotes that have become more famous than to the original.
For instance "to gild the lily" instead of "to paint the lily" and "to the manor born" instead of "to the manner born".

Sometimes the word order is varied from the original
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much" instead of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
"Discretion is the better part of valour" instead of "The better part of valour is discretion."
July 20th, 2022 at 12:32:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
There are a number of misquotes that have become more famous than to the original.
For instance "to gild the lily" instead of "to paint the lily" and "to the manor born" instead of "to the manner born".

Sometimes the word order is varied from the original
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much" instead of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
"Discretion is the better part of valour" instead of "The better part of valour is discretion."

"Play it again Sam" is remembered
Actually was more like this from my memory
"Play it. If you can play it for her you can play it for me. Play it"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 20th, 2022 at 8:36:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
In Only Angels Have Wings Cary Grants former girl friend is called Judy (played by Rita Hayworth) and Cary has lines like "Hello, Judy. Come on, Judy. Now, Judy." But he never said "Judy, Judy, Judy." '

The line is often attributed to Larry Storch of F-Troop fame. Cary Grant was very obliging about saying the line to every woman named Judy who asked him to repeat it.

Movie stars are often repeatedly asked to do the same thing over and over. Paul Newman says a man interrupted him mid-stream at the utinal with an autograph request. He never signed an autograph again for the rest of his life.
July 21st, 2022 at 4:44:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Snow White was produced in plays, movies with real actors, and used in skits like on the Carol Burnett Show. So, I can imagine any meme over a few words getting mangled.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2022 at 4:47:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I wouldn't be surprised if some people think she's an original Disney character.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 4<1234>