Nelson Mandela effect thread!

Page 3 of 4<1234>
July 21st, 2022 at 5:08:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The first line about the Mirror in a banned Merrie Melodies cartoon is "Magic Mirror on the wall, send me a Prince six feet tall."

"it is one of the most controversial cartoons in the classic Warner Brothers library, being one of the Censored Eleven. The cartoon has been rarely seen on television, and has never been officially released on home video"

Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs is a 1943 Merrie Melodies animated cartoon directed by Bob Clampett.[1] The short was released on January 16, 1943
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2022 at 8:19:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
The first line about the Mirror in a banned Merrie Melodies cartoon is "Magic Mirror on the wall, send me a Prince six feet tall."

"it is one of the most controversial cartoons in the classic Warner Brothers library, being one of the Censored Eleven. The cartoon has been rarely seen on television, and has never been officially released on home video"

Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs is a 1943 Merrie Melodies animated cartoon directed by Bob Clampett.[1] The short was released on January 16, 1943
I assume the controversy is about 'coal black' and all that, not the 6 ft tall prince request
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 21st, 2022 at 10:52:08 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Nelson Mandela effect. I remembered in Chutney's testimony in Legally Blonde her saying,"I went to Starbucks," the actual line is,"I got a Latte." :) Nelson Mandela effect in effect. ;)
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
July 26th, 2022 at 3:58:22 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Paul Sorvino died yesterday. I immediately thought Paul Sorvino was the guy from The Wonder Years. I was stunned as the guy from The Wonder Years is only in his 40's. The guy from The Wonder Years is named Josh Saviano and he played Paul on The Wonder Years. So my mind went mixed up Saviano and Sorvino and put his character's name as his birthname, so I ended up thinking the guy from The Wonder Years was named Paul Sorvino and he died yesterday in his 40's. Paul Sorvino was actually about 83. Nelson Mandela effect in effect alright.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
July 26th, 2022 at 12:59:49 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Double post.
July 26th, 2022 at 12:59:57 PM permalink
Riverjordan
The Youngest age to become President is 35. I had read somewhere that John F Kennedy was the Youngest President. In my Nelson Mandela effect, I had thought he was 35 when he became President. I had looked at pictures of him, and thought,"He looks like a really rough looking 35 year old. It turns out he was actually more like 43. Nelson Mandela effect in effect alright. ;)
July 26th, 2022 at 1:16:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Riverjordan
I immediately thought Paul Sorvino was the guy from The Wonder Years.

Seriously????????????
ROTFL
I don't get this Mandela effect. Some people are just dumb though.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 27th, 2022 at 3:05:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The Youngest age to become President is 35. I had read somewhere that John F Kennedy was the Youngest President. In my Nelson Mandela effect, I had thought he was 35 when he became President. I had looked at pictures of him, and thought,"He looks like a really rough looking 35 year old. It turns out he was actually more like 43. Nelson Mandela effect in effect alright. ;)

JFK was the youngest ELECTED. Teddy Roosevelt was younger when he took office. Remember that if you go on a game show.

He was young but had the body of a guy way older. Lived in pain almost constant they say.
The President is a fink.
July 27th, 2022 at 5:17:59 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: terapined
Seriously????????????
ROTFL
I don't get this Mandela effect. Some people are just dumb though.

I merely got the name Sorvino and Saviano mixed up and got Josh's character's name (Paul) mixed up with Paul Sorvino.
July 27th, 2022 at 5:24:01 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I merely got the name Sorvino and Saviano mixed up and got Josh's character's name (Paul) mixed up with Paul Sorvino.

That seems logical. I had never heard of either of those people.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 3 of 4<1234>