General Election 2024

Page 2 of 17<12345>Last »
Poll
2 votes (25%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (25%)
3 votes (37.5%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (12.5%)
1 vote (12.5%)
No votes (0%)

8 members have voted

July 26th, 2022 at 1:48:14 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 23
Posts: 10144
Quote: Evenbob
And thanks to this January 6th committee he will win 2024 and he couldn't have done it without this committee.


Well at least EB finally admits Donny canít win presidential elections without ďhelp.Ē

Kind of hilarious coming from the guy who canít admit he lost the last oneÖ
ďA straight man will not go for kids.Ē - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2022 at 2:09:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 17098
Quote: Evenbob
I didn't read either one of the replies on the two people I have blocked but Scott also said if you say this to a Democrat be prepared for their head to explode right in front of you. I can only assume that's what happened with those who people who just posted after I did. Fox News has been saying Trump's been exonerated since last Friday. Mark Levin said it over the weekend. When you listen to them lay it out point-by-point it's obvious that Trump has been exonerated. And thanks to this January 6th committee he will win 2024 and he couldn't have done it without this committee.


I thought it was all over when they proved Trump lunged at the steering wheel of the presidential limo?

The Democrats tried to make the USA into some kind of backward, Third World country by going after a former POTUS all on the charges of that they did not like him. What will be funny is if people actually start caring about Jan 6 because they failed to show Trump guilty.
The President is a fink.
July 26th, 2022 at 2:28:56 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 23
Posts: 10144
Quote: AZDuffman
I thought it was all over when they proved Trump lunged at the steering wheel of the presidential limo?


See? The righties claim ďno one caresĒ about the Jan. 6 comitttee, but they canít stop talking about it!

(Also - it wasnít the presidential limo. It was an SUV. But we all know facts donít matter much to Duffman. 😉)
ďA straight man will not go for kids.Ē - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2022 at 6:21:27 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 21
Posts: 3398
I am stunned that generic Republican is favored over generic Democrat. I thought it was close until the Repubs gave the Dems another base energizer one the Roe v Wade silliness. Trump May get his 40-45% popular vote but will not do better than his close electoral loss in 2020. If the Repubs would nominate someone like Ryan I think he would wipe the floor with Biden or Harris, but those in the know say he could never survive the primaries. I wouldnít mind seeing a hard right DeSantis take on the Dem nominee. But agree with ams, that Trump would sabotage him. If my legal sports books allowed it, Iíd bet on the random Dem today with the slight odds Iíd get.
July 26th, 2022 at 7:42:28 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 23
Posts: 10144
Quote: SOOPOO
I am stunned that generic Republican is favored over generic Democrat. I thought it was close until the Repubs gave the Dems another base energizer one the Roe v Wade silliness.


I take the betting markets with a very large grain of salt. Hillary was favored in 2016 and Donny was highly favored in the lead up to 2020 (pre-Covid).

And yes, I donít think people are giving enough weight to the fact that pro-choice independents now have to vote for only pro-choice candidates otherwise there will be a complete nationwide ban as soon as the GOP claims the trifecta. Itís a new world.
ďA straight man will not go for kids.Ē - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2022 at 8:09:23 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 236
Posts: 6063
Quote: Evenbob
And thanks to this January 6th committee he will win 2024 and he couldn't have done it without this committee.


My betting window is open.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 27th, 2022 at 1:47:13 AM permalink
OnceDear
Administrator
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 9
Posts: 1366
Quote: Wizard
My betting window is open.
I'm betting that America will lose. Nay. America lost a long time ago.

One set of hearings, two polar opposite interpretations. That there can be any doubt what was demonstrated is symptomatic of a deep fracture in your nation's collective sanity.

My prediction: A fascist GOP candidate will steal it by exploiting all the groundwork that the GOP have or will have put in place. It will be so obviously stolen that the US will be shunned as a pariah state on a par with Russia.

We saw how quickly trump dismantled and demolished anything done by Obama. That will look trivial compared to a rolling back to the dark ages that will ensue.
LGBT rights: Gone. Women's rights: Gone. Racial equality: Gone. Religious freedom: Gone. The Free Press: GONE. (though they will try to slug it out)

But none of that will matter. The Dems will have no power to even open investigations having been trounced in the House and Senate in 22. No meaningful probes will be launched into what happened and the Dems and their disenfranchised voters will be stunned that it happened again. All ongoing probes into trump, the GOP and anything done in their name will already have been shut down. The GOP will already have started to investigate actions by the Dems and will be probing and attacking liberal media. Fox and Briebart etc will be elevated to State sponsored official news agencies. The GOP will turn everything on its head, 'proving' how the 2020 election was stolen. Dems and members of the opposition will start to go to prison or be 'Disappeared'

If Trump takes it (which i doubt) then he will claim a refund for the term stolen from him and will become de-facto president for life. If not president for life, then similar to sri Lanka, the one party state will ensure that power stays in control of the same bunch of kleptocrats.

Whichever GOPer takes it, will turn the full force of all three branches on anything and everything held by the Dems. Accusations of every shade will be thrown at dems. You think Biden's laptop got some attention? That will be nothing compared to what the GOP will put on trial. Blue states will be 'punished' by all means conceivable.

On the international stage, Russia will already have thrashed Europe in the energy wars. NATO will be dismantled and any weapons will be offered to Putin to help him finish his 'New Special Operations in the Baltic states' Or, at the very least, US support for Ukraine will be withdrawn. Tension between the USA and Europe will rise to levels usually reserved for China and Russia.
July 27th, 2022 at 2:55:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 17098
Quote: OnceDear
I'm betting that America will lose. Nay. America lost a long time ago.

One set of hearings, two polar opposite interpretations. That there can be any doubt what was demonstrated is symptomatic of a deep fracture in your nation's collective sanity.

My prediction: A fascist GOP candidate will steal it by exploiting all the groundwork that the GOP have or will have put in place. It will be so obviously stolen that the US will be shunned as a pariah state on a par with Russia.

We saw how quickly trump dismantled and demolished anything done by Obama. That will look trivial compared to a rolling back to the dark ages that will ensue.
LGBT rights: Gone. Women's rights: Gone. Racial equality: Gone. Religious freedom: Gone. The Free Press: GONE. (though they will try to slug it out)

But none of that will matter. The Dems will have no power to even open investigations having been trounced in the House and Senate in 22. No meaningful probes will be launched into what happened and the Dems and their disenfranchised voters will be stunned that it happened again. All ongoing probes into trump, the GOP and anything done in their name will already have been shut down. The GOP will already have started to investigate actions by the Dems and will be probing and attacking liberal media. Fox and Briebart etc will be elevated to State sponsored official news agencies. The GOP will turn everything on its head, 'proving' how the 2020 election was stolen. Dems and members of the opposition will start to go to prison or be 'Disappeared'

If Trump takes it (which i doubt) then he will claim a refund for the term stolen from him and will become de-facto president for life. If not president for life, then similar to sri Lanka, the one party state will ensure that power stays in control of the same bunch of kleptocrats.

Whichever GOPer takes it, will turn the full force of all three branches on anything and everything held by the Dems. Accusations of every shade will be thrown at dems. You think Biden's laptop got some attention? That will be nothing compared to what the GOP will put on trial. Blue states will be 'punished' by all means conceivable.

On the international stage, Russia will already have thrashed Europe in the energy wars. NATO will be dismantled and any weapons will be offered to Putin to help him finish his 'New Special Operations in the Baltic states' Or, at the very least, US support for Ukraine will be withdrawn. Tension between the USA and Europe will rise to levels usually reserved for China and Russia.


A "fascist GOP candidate?" What examples of fascism are there in the actions of the GOP? Do you even understand what the term means? Or are you just repeating what you heard on PMSNBC?

Trump dismantled things done by Obama? Did you see how Obama dismantled things done by the GOP? Or how Clinton did? Or how Biden did away with anything done by Trump? Biden's whole policy was "get rid of anything Trump did no matter how much I harm the country!" $5 gasoline but hey hey at least we do not have that oil independence that wascally Trump had us!

Reality is the Democrats pulled every banana republic trick to get rid of Trump. They impeached him because they did not like him. Simple as that. As to the end of racial equality, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, I eagerly await any examples of the GOP trying to eliminate these. Actual examples.

Any examples at all, please. I realize you are upset that the SCOTUS said a state can regulate a woman having her unborn baby torn to shreds. That is not religion, that is human decency. If that is your only example of a loss of "woman's rights" you are coming up empty.

LGBT and women are not supposed to have special rights. As to
The President is a fink.
July 27th, 2022 at 4:49:56 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 42
Posts: 3829
Quote: ams288

And yes, I donít think people are giving enough weight to the fact that pro-choice independents now have to vote for only pro-choice candidates otherwise there will be a complete nationwide ban as soon as the GOP claims the trifecta. Itís a new world.


As a pro-choice independent, that issue would not trigger me to vote for a particular candidate. One issue is just not important enough to me,
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
July 27th, 2022 at 5:18:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 17098
Quote: DRich
As a pro-choice independent, that issue would not trigger me to vote for a particular candidate. One issue is just not important enough to me,


I think most indies are think your way. They think the world is ending. Fact is abortion has pretty much never been the deciding issue on a candidate. Years ago we had one in PA running saying abortion! Abortion! Abortion! She lost big.

Itís the economy, stupid!
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 17<12345>Last »