2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

August 15th, 2023 at 5:24:51 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko
That photo is from a different event. He did not look well in Iowa.

Vivek Ramiswami flexing in Iowa.

Crowd didn't seem too impressed.

That video will hurt Vivek because of the rap.

But Bill Clinton playing the sax helped him.
August 15th, 2023 at 5:01:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This pretty much says it about the upcoming election.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bl-varM6M0E
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 15th, 2023 at 6:07:32 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: DoubleGold

No it won't. Any coverage he gets at this point helps him become known and lets him get some of his ideas out there.

When almost all of the coverage goes to one person, you need every bit of publicity you can get unless you do something dumb or illegal.
August 16th, 2023 at 4:49:37 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
No it won't. Any coverage he gets at this point helps him become known and lets him get some of his ideas out there.

He is okay with letting China invade Taiwan after we have achieved our semi-conductor independence under his leadership.

“After that, our commitments to Taiwan — our commitments to be willing to go to military conflict — will change after that, because that’s rationally in our self-interest."

We also need steel independence. We've gone from being the worlds largest steel exporter to the world's largest steel importer..

If we want to build a ship, we have to buy the steel from China.

Eleven Chinese and Russian warships off the coast of Alaskla a few weeks ago, and all we could muster was four destroyers.

Ramaswami also favors legalizing hard drugs, as they did in Portland. Which worked out really well.

"I'm not a war on drugs person."
August 16th, 2023 at 5:20:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
He is okay with letting China invade Taiwan after we have achieved our semi-conductor independence under his leadership.

“After that, our commitments to Taiwan — our commitments to be willing to go to military conflict — will change after that, because that’s rationally in our self-interest."

We also need steel independence. We've gone from being the worlds largest steel exporter to the world's largest steel importer..

If we want to build a ship, we have to buy the steel from China.

Eleven Chinese and Russian warships off the coast of Alaskla a few weeks ago, and all we could muster was four destroyers.

Ramaswami also favors legalizing hard drugs, as they did in Portland. Which worked out really well.

"I'm not a war on drugs person."

Rumor is, he's willing to engage with anyone. I'm willing to listen to his ideas if he can actually make them make sense. His foreign policy sounds like a tough climb though. Only thing I really believe on foreign policy is it's always complicated.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 16th, 2023 at 5:32:21 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: RonC

When almost all of the coverage goes to one person, you need every bit of publicity you can get unless you do something dumb or illegal.

I generally don't like rap so it was a major turn-off for me.

I liked him very much previously.

But since he's a rapper, on to the next one.

He was a star on CNN with Don Lemon.

I thought Don was going to cry.
August 16th, 2023 at 10:45:59 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Why would we do anything? They were in international waters.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 16th, 2023 at 11:37:21 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DoubleGold
That photo is from a different event. He did not look well in Iowa.

Vivek Ramiswami flexing in Iowa.

Crowd didn't seem too impressed.

He looks ridiculous in that video. I don't particularly like the guy, he's way too young, he's way too much of a sure of himself smartass for somebody who's never been elected to anything. He's still in his 30s for crying out loud. He has Swami in his name and he's a Hindu. I guarantee half the United States could not tell you the difference between a Muslim and a Hindu. We are not going to elect a Swami, Hindu that's in his thirties who's never held elective office. The guy needs a little humility, he's way too impressed with himself. So is Trump but Trump has accomplished a hell of a lot this Hindu guy has accomplished nothing. I'm leaving more and more towards RFK Jr everyday. Some smart people I'm hearing are saying that Joe Biden said no comment on the Fire because he's been told over his vacation that he ain't running in 2024. His wife finally broke the news to him and I think that might be true.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 16th, 2023 at 12:01:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Some smart people I'm hearing are saying that Joe Biden said no comment on the Fire because he's been told over his vacation that he ain't running in 2024.

Utter nonsense. EB must be hearing voices from his drains again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 16th, 2023 at 1:15:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Utter nonsense. EB must be hearing voices from his drains again.

Voices from his drains? Oh dear, has it been 27 years already since "IT"'s last visit? Dude is listening to an evil clown. Makes sense, actually.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?