2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

September 29th, 2023 at 12:16:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
RFK Jr. plans to announce he will run as an independent on October 9 in Pennsylvania.

Kennedy’s campaign is now planning attack ads against the DNC in order to pave the way for his announcement.

This will HELP Biden.

Ain’t no Dems voting for this anti-abortion, anti-vax idiot.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2023 at 5:41:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
This will HELP Biden.

Ain’t no Dems voting for this anti-abortion, anti-vax idiot.

I think of the few % he would get, more would come from disgruntled Democrat voters that would have voted Biden than from Trumpers who somehow decided all of a sudden that Trump was no good.
Should be easy to approximate if you are tight or if I am with some polls. Just for the chaos, how about a scenario where Trump is disqualified from Republican Party and runs as an Independent as well? So Biden, Kennedy, Trump, and say, Haley! None reach 30%!
October 2nd, 2023 at 4:16:00 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Bemused from Blighty writes...
Dear American cousins,

Your experiment in democracy continues to be gripping, thrilling and downright distressing to observe. Could any of you find a glimmer of hope? Please?? I'm trying to see the Dark horse candidate from either party that might sally forth and save the day for sanity. But your system does not seem to support such hope. It seems designed to rally support for the nominee that is as polar opposite to the other party's nominee as possible. To hell with any middle ground.

Your two primary candidates each seem totally disqualified to preside, but with some sort of positive feedback loop, they each seem unstoppable as the two head to head contenders. Trump gets more popular amongst his cult and more disqualified by his opposers with each passing outrage and Biden gets more undermined by his aging with each stumble, but more propped up by his party, because 'he's our best shot'.

Neither seems challenged by their own party, but either could hit a sudden political demise at any moment: Biden has an unfortunate probability of straight forward death from old age or stroke or fall. He's not long for this world. When the heck are the Dems going to prepare a vigorous second candidate? Who might that be? trump could also die, but more likely he will one day just get recognised as unelectable.

And the GOP? Contenders are torn between appeasing the MAGA cult and itching to dump the toxic trump, but 5h1t scared to say so. What's their best hope? Apart from Nikki Haley*, all I see are trump like wannabes who want to piggy back the MAGA crowd's policies and support, seasoned with a few fascist policies of their own. Haley is at least an established politician, but she's a woman and I really don't think your country is ready to vote in a non-white woman of Indian origin. Barely mentioned yet, but expect it soon.

Where's the Solid, Statesmanlike candidate that any party can put forward to unite your country and put your country forward as a pillar of civilised democracy. Or has that boat sailed.... and sunk?
October 2nd, 2023 at 6:37:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: OnceDear
Where's the Solid, Statesmanlike candidate that any party can put forward to unite your country and put your country forward as a pillar of civilised democracy. Or has that boat sailed.... and sunk?

That would be RFK Jr., but the Dem Party doesn't want a President they can't control by committee, as they do with Biden.

They're hoping Biden lives long enough to get elected. So, when he dies in office, they will have their first black-asian-female president.

If Biden can't go the distance, Newsom is standing in the batter's box. He appears on Fox so often, they should put him on the payroll.
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:14:52 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: Tanko
That would be RFK Jr., but the Dem Party doesn't want a President they can't control by committee, as they do with Biden.

They're hoping Biden lives long enough to get elected. So, when he dies in office, they will have their first black-asian-female president.

If Biden can't go the distance, Newsom is standing in the batter's box. He appears on Fox so often, they should put him on the payroll.

I'll give RFK a point for youth. Another point for SOME environmental consciousness. Not so keen on his insane idea of inviting Russia to join NATO.

Looks like a DINO to me. Isn't he going forward as an Independent?

Do you have any suggestions that are not conspiracy theorists and god botherers?

Newsom: Hmmmm Thanks for the pointer. He wasn't on my radar.

I tend to agree that some Dems do have it in their plan to just get Biden over the line with his walking frame and then get an unelected minority President when he pegs it. But god save us from Harris.
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:18:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

The fact that only righties like RFK Jr tells us everything we need to know… they can’t shut up about him. I never hear any Dems talk about him other than to mock his voice.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:35:09 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: ams288
The fact that only righties like RFK Jr tells us everything we need to know… they can’t shut up about him. I never hear any Dems talk about him other than to mock his voice.
I'm sure that in the forthcoming power plays, there will be lots of cynical vote splitting tactics.
October 2nd, 2023 at 7:49:39 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: OnceDear
Not so keen on his insane idea of inviting Russia to join NATO.

Never heard that one.

He favors peace talks and an end to the Ukraine war. I suppose that makes him a DINO.

Doesn't matter what ticket he runs on, no one stands a chance against the Democrat candidate. Even if it was El Chapo.

Robert Kennedy Jr: “Let’s be honest: it’s a US war against Russia”

Robert F Kennedy Jr issues chilling 'nuclear war' warning and says Nato could be 'destroyed' by Putin
October 2nd, 2023 at 11:18:29 AM permalink
GenoDRPh

Jr is a conspiracy theorist nutjob and a disgrace. It's no surprise rational people don't want him. Jr's version of peace in Ukraine is the same as Donnies, which si to say giving Russia everything it wants.

We don't want "solid, statesmanlike" candidates. We want candidates who grab women by the ****y, call women "nasty", insult the disabled and whole host of other social infractions.
October 2nd, 2023 at 1:37:50 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: GenoDRPh
Jr is a conspiracy theorist nutjob and a disgrace. It's no surprise rational people don't want him. Jr's version of peace in Ukraine is the same as Donnies, which si to say giving Russia everything it wants.

We don't want "solid, statesmanlike" candidates. We want candidates who grab women by the ****y, call women "nasty", insult the disabled and whole host of other social infractions.
'We' being the 25% of the population that choose the king.?

You guys choose the leader that represents you and your values ( in aggregate ) : Representative?! Are any of these candidates truly representative of you?

Is the average American like trump and shares his purported values? Or do the 25% have undue weighting?