October 3rd, 2023 at 6:48:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2023 at 6:55:14 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
You calling me an idiot doesn’t change the fact that the Dems had a choice. Country first or political gain. The answer is no surprise. This does not mean the Republican doofuses that voted him out aren’t worse than the entire Democrat party. You think anyone looks good in this mess? You think this is good for the country?

The far right imbeciles just couldn’t get it through their thick skulls that having just the House means you don’t get to make the laws without the Dems, who control 2 out of the three pillars of power.

The Dems put the country first in siding with McCarthy over the weekend to avoid a shutdown. The fact that the far right has the House GOP by the balls isn't the Dems' fault. Nor is it the Dems' problem. The Dems did their hob is legislating. The GOP couldn't do their job afterwards. That makes the Dems look good.
October 3rd, 2023 at 6:57:56 PM permalink
ams288
McCarthy offered the Dems NOTHING to help save his speakership and he went on the Sunday shows and trashed them.

He can choke.
October 3rd, 2023 at 7:01:33 PM permalink
ams288
This tweet made me think of someone here:

Quote: @bendreyfuss
republican 1: I’m going to take down the speaker!

speaker: no you’re not, bitch

republicans 2-8: yes we are

dems: do you want to talk about how we could save you

speaker: no you f***ing commie slut idiot

*LATER THAT DAY*

conservatives: how dare the democrats do this
October 3rd, 2023 at 8:06:01 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
This tweet made me think of someone here:

Not even arguing if your above post is true. The fact remains the country would be better off had a few Dems just voted present. But the Dems did not care about the country. They cared about power, and making the Republicans look bad (not difficult). The Dozen or so Republicans who used the Democrat representatives to oust McCarthy of course are more responsible for the chaos that will ensue. But they couldn’t have done it with the ok from Hakeem Jeffries.
I was no huge fan of McCarthy. But do the Dems think they will get someone better to work with?

Biden must be eating popcorn watching this.
October 3rd, 2023 at 8:11:21 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Not even arguing if your above post is true. The fact remains the country would be better off had a few Dems just voted present. But the Dems did not care about the country. They cared about power, and making the Republicans look bad (not difficult). The Dozen or so Republicans who used the Democrat representatives to oust McCarthy of course are more responsible for the chaos that will ensue. But they couldn’t have done it with the ok from Hakeem Jeffries.
I was no huge fan of McCarthy. But do the Dems think they will get someone better to work with?

Biden must be eating popcorn watching this.

"The fact remains the country would be better off had a few Dems just voted present if a few GOPers voted for McCarthy instead of against him." Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

Were you gymnast in HS or college? Maybe a dancer or an acrobat? Your doing a fantastic job twisting yourself all up in knots trying to blame the Dems for the GOP's chaos.
October 3rd, 2023 at 8:36:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Quote: rxwine
There's already suggestions they may move to expel Gaetz. Just heard it from a Republican from N. Dakota.

Tough to do: requires a 2/3 vote to expel.

Only happened five times before, but hey, these times are unprecedented.
October 4th, 2023 at 4:56:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
Tough to do: requires a 2/3 vote to expel.

Only happened five times before, but hey, these times are unprecedented.

I doubt few if any Dems helped Gaetz because they liked him. He would be toast if enough Repubs want him out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 4th, 2023 at 4:58:19 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
I doubt few if any Dems helped Gaetz because they liked him. He would be toast if enough Repubs want him out.

I’d guess there are roughly ~200 Republican house members who would be happy to expel him.
October 4th, 2023 at 7:16:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: GenoDRPh
"The fact remains the country would be better off had a few Dems just voted present if a few GOPers voted for McCarthy instead of against him." Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

Were you gymnast in HS or college? Maybe a dancer or an acrobat? Your doing a fantastic job twisting yourself all up in knots trying to blame the Dems for the GOP's chaos.

You just can’t see what is plain in front of your face. The stupid system of choosing a speaker allows for a fringe group of either party, in this case the Republicans with Gaetz and his cabal, to make this happen. But it can ONLY happen if the Dems allow it. And they did.

Yes, the country would be better off without the looney Right representatives. Were you wearing blinders like a horse in high school? Or have you learned to only see what you want to see since then?