2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 6th, 2023 at 7:14:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Quote:
In manufacturing, "I brought back 700,000 jobs. (Obama and Biden) brought back nothing."

Trump is wrong about the job gains on his watch; the actual increase is about 450,000 prior to the pandemic.

• As for Obama and Biden, they saw gains of 916,000 if you start counting with the recovery from the Great Recession, which is the fairest comparison if you also ignore the losses under Trump during the pandemic.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2023 at 7:14:45 AM permalink
rxwine

Quote:
Speaking of the federal debt before the coronavirus pandemic, “we were starting to get that number down.”

Public debt has gone up during Trump’s presidency. There is no point at which it declined.

Debt as a percentage of the overall economy has also increased throughout Trump’s administration.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2023 at 7:15:02 AM permalink
rxwine

Quote:
“If I didn’t INSIST on having the National Guard activate and go into Kenosha, Wisconsin, there would be no Kenosha right now.”

National Guard troops are called into action by governors, not the president, as long as an operation remains under state control. And Kenosha is under state control.

National Guard troops were en route and even on the ground well before the Trump administration got involved
December 6th, 2023 at 7:15:16 AM permalink
rxwine

Quote:
Under an executive order, “expensive insulin went from big dollars to virtual pennies … especially (for) our seniors.”

Between 2017 and 2018, insulin copays for seniors rose.

A recent executive order on insulin would touch fewer than 20% of clinics through a program that provides 10% or less of all prescription drugs.
December 6th, 2023 at 7:15:30 AM permalink
rxwine

Quote:

stated on February 7, 2020 in a comment to reporters:
"I thought it was a terrible thing when (Nancy Pelosi) ripped up the speech. First of all, it's an official document. You're not allowed. It's illegal what she did. She broke the law."

Pelosi ripped up her own copy of Trump’s address, not the official version sent to the National Archives under the separate Presidential Records Act

His speeches are worth tearing up.
December 6th, 2023 at 7:16:30 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Are you sure? I interpreted what I read to mean the actual votes will not be used to apportion delegates. If you are correct then it’s just Biden (following instructions?) just being a big baby. Not that it matters.

Iam willing to stand corrected. Doubt the Dems would piss off the voters of a swing state, though, in the end.

It still befuddles me why we don't have a national primary day. Would avoid all this BS.
December 6th, 2023 at 7:40:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: GenoDRPh
Iam willing to stand corrected. Doubt the Dems would piss off the voters of a swing state, though, in the end.

It still befuddles me why we don't have a national primary day. Would avoid all this BS.

Presidential Primaries aren't necessarily held on the same day as official Primary Elections.

More importantly, I think the winnowing process (as candidates who clearly have no chance drop out) is such an important part of the procedure that the DNC/RNC would not want all primaries to be held on the same day. Another thing about them being held on the same day is that the primaries would likely go strictly to popular vote for the nomination; they wouldn't strictly have to, but I don't know what the alternative would be.

The problem there is that nominations are actually based upon delegates. Essentially, in a crowded field, you'd often see it that nobody gets anywhere close (if based on Popular Vote) to getting a sufficient number of delegates.

In any case, the National Committees probably wouldn't like it because it would give them less opportunity to most advantage the candidate that they actually want or to disadvantage the candidates they specifically don't want.

Finally, 'Nominee,' is not an elected office because it is not an office at all. The Federal Government, in theory, has some amount of control on one Election and one Election only---and that's the Presidential Election. Even then, you're not strictly voting for your POTUS choice; you're voting for your state's slate of electors who have pledged to vote for that POTUS choice; hence, the Electoral College, pursuant to Article II of the Constitution.

Pursuant to the Tenth Amendment, the Federal Government has absolutely no authority whatsoever to command states to hold their Primaries on a particular date; thus, the states can do whatever they wish.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 6th, 2023 at 6:18:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Last Republican debate,

Ron DeSantis still looks awkward and waits like a child expecting a brow beating from some unseen adult.
December 6th, 2023 at 6:19:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Oh dear, Ramaswamy compared Nikki Haley to Hillary Clinton.
December 6th, 2023 at 6:23:48 PM permalink
rxwine
15 minutes in, and Christie still hasn't gotten a question.