No votes (0%)
2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 8th, 2023 at 8:01:10 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Biden could be 86 years old when he gets out of there.

It'd likely set a record.
December 8th, 2023 at 8:15:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Interesting scenario from Robert Kennedy Jr. for the Dem power brokers to get who they want in the race.

“If he were going to drop out,” Kennedy said, referring to Biden, “the time to drop out would be during the convention because then he would control the delegates, because they’re all Biden delegates, and he would then be able to pick his successor.”

This may be the first time that anti-vax nutso has ever said anything that makes sense!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 9th, 2023 at 5:26:46 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
if Trump managed to somehow lose the 2024 election (unlikely but possible) do you think he would again claim that the election was rigged_____________?

and will other Republicans who are losers in other elections now claim that they lost because the elections were rigged____________?

my estimation of the chance of that happening_______________about 100%______________claiming elections were rigged has become a thing - it's not going away

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
December 9th, 2023 at 7:53:17 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5

the Republican debaters who except for Christie are actually running to be Vice President were all soft on Trump - unwilling to say one single thing unfavorable about him

Christie, whose political career is probably over - he has no chance at Prez and probably no chance anywhere else since he's so willing to offend the Cons, bashed Trump

it was a beautiful thing to hear_______________niche

and it's quite amusing to hear many Cons taking shots at Christie for being overweight

as if the Republican King Kong is in good shape - actually Trump is at least 25 pounds overweight_________________((-:)

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
December 9th, 2023 at 10:46:13 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: PotPie
.if Trump managed to somehow lose the 2024 election (unlikely but possible) do you think he would again claim that the election was rigged_____________?

If the economy continues to hold up, the Democrat candidate will have a good chance of winning the election in 2024.

The Chinese economy is currently in deflation, which should take pressure off inflation here and in Europe.

As for rigged elections, it goes both ways. Hillary still insists the election was 'stolen' from her, and Trump was an 'illegitimate' President.

Stacey Abrams never conceded, despite losing the 2018 GA gubernatorial election by 55,000 votes, insisting without proof, her loss was due to suppressed voter turnout.
December 9th, 2023 at 2:50:59 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: Tanko
If the economy continues to hold up, the Democrat candidate will have a good chance of winning the election in 2024.

The Chinese economy is currently in deflation, which should take pressure off inflation here and in Europe.

As for rigged elections, it goes both ways. Hillary still insists the election was 'stolen' from her, and Trump was an 'illegitimate' President.

Stacey Abrams never conceded, despite losing the 2018 GA gubernatorial election by 55,000 votes, insisting without proof, her loss was due to suppressed voter turnout.

So Hilary complaining about her electoral college loss and Abrams not conceding (not a requirement, by the way) legitimizing Trump's baseless lies about 2020 and the Jan 6 insurrection? Asking because I'm just trying to find the limit of the false equivalency and whataboutism.
December 9th, 2023 at 3:20:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: GenoDRPh
Asking because I'm just trying to find the limit of the false equivalency and whataboutism.

When it comes to our righties:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 9th, 2023 at 4:29:26 PM permalink
Tanko
Quote: GenoDRPh
So Hilary complaining about her electoral college loss and Abrams not conceding (not a requirement, by the way) legitimizing Trump's baseless lies about 2020 and the Jan 6 insurrection? Asking because I'm just trying to find the limit of the false equivalency and whataboutism.

Wrong again as usual.

The post I originally responded to was about Trump and other Republicans complaining about rigged elections

I used Clinton and Abrams as examples to show Republicans are not the only ones to complain about rigged elections.
December 9th, 2023 at 4:59:26 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Wrong again as usual.

The post I originally responded to was about Trump and other Republicans complaining about rigged elections

I used Clinton and Abrams as examples to show Republicans are not the only ones to complain about rigged elections.

Republicans are the only ones to lie about them, refuse to accept the results and then stage an insurrection, though.
December 9th, 2023 at 4:59:27 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Wrong again as usual.

Republicans are the only ones to lie about them, refuse to accept the results and then stage an insurrection, though.