River Jordan's Corner! :D

June 13th, 2023 at 8:28:32 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Yeah, they would have caught the imbalance pretty quick.

But the video might not have been conclusive.

So the manager waited a month to say something.

They could have been trying to catch you.
June 16th, 2023 at 1:37:08 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold

I'm not sure. The last time a Customer stole money from me like this was before Covid ever happened. That Customer snatched the $100 out of my hand and palmed it when the register was having problems and I was having trouble with the register. When the register started working again, I honestly thought I put her $100 in the register. I gave her $96 in change that she didn't deserve! 😱 She also stole a $4 product. The very next day, my Manager showed me the camera footage and on it, it's clear she snatched the $100 out of my hand and palmed it while I was distracted by the register having problems. I was stunned! 😱My Manager was like,"No way would you have known this as she did this all within seconds while you were focused on the register's problems. She knew what she was doing."
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 16th, 2023 at 5:51:10 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
What, the mangager on duty the day of the theft didn't discover there was an $800.00 discrepancy in your till?

C'mon, Tasha: really?

How stupid must they be?
June 17th, 2023 at 3:22:49 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: missedhervee
What, the mangager on duty the day of the theft didn't discover there was an $800.00 discrepancy in your till?

C'mon, Tasha: really?

How stupid must they be?

I don't know why it took roughly a month for my Store Manager to show me the camera footage of her stealing the $800 back. Like ai said, when the woman snatched her $100 back out of my hand and palmed it, he showed me the camera footage the very next day.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 17th, 2023 at 7:16:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

I agree with DoubleGold.

They were suspicious of you, so they sat on the information for awhile and made sure everything else you did over the next few weeks seemed to be in order. It's such a huge mistake that the manager probably thought you orchestrated it with that customer, or if they didn't think that, could not totally dismiss it as a possibility.

After they determined it wasn't anything intentional, on your part, they let you know what happened.

The palming of the $100 was an insignificant enough amount that they probably just assumed it wasn't staged and you had nothing to do with it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 19th, 2023 at 1:58:39 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Riverjordan
I'm not sure. The last time a Customer stole money from me like this was before Covid ever happened. That Customer snatched the $100 out of my hand and palmed it when the register was having problems and I was having trouble with the register. When the register started working again, I honestly thought I put her $100 in the register. I gave her $96 in change that she didn't deserve! 😱 She also stole a $4 product. The very next day, my Manager showed me the camera footage and on it, it's clear she snatched the $100 out of my hand and palmed it while I was distracted by the register having problems. I was stunned! 😱My Manager was like,"No way would you have known this as she did this all within seconds while you were focused on the register's problems. She knew what she was doing."

If you're still employed there after two cash incidents (losses), then the manager must like (trust?) you.

The manager is taking your side.

That would mean very much to me.

So I'd make sure I didn't harm that relationship.
June 19th, 2023 at 6:54:41 PM permalink
Riverjordan
If you're still employed there after two cash incidents (losses), then the manager must like (trust?) you.

The manager is taking your side.

That would mean very much to me.

So I'd make sure I didn't harm that relationship.

Yep, I have the fact that it's been about 4 years since the last huge loss has happened to me in my favor. He probably wouldn't be so forgiving if it were say four weeks in between however.
June 23rd, 2023 at 9:00:29 AM permalink
Riverjordan
So, I have a Fictional character named Mark Riley. Mark Riley is a burglar who has broken into multiple homes. He has a huge crush on Andy McCall. He found out what hotel Andy was staying at and tried to get into Andy's hotel room. Andy and his Friends bolted the door and Mark constantly and aggressively ran into the hotel door trying to get it open so he could get to Andy. Andy and his friends put an armoire behind the door and Mark was still running into the door aggressively. Police were called and they found Mark constantly and aggressively running into the door. They tazed him and he fell.

On the REAL LIFE news, a man did something scarily similar to what Mark was doing! :eek: That awkward moment when your FICTIONAL character comes to life, in REAL LIFE! 😱

https://youtu.be/78QyTi5drEs Real life Mark Riley coming to life! 😱
June 23rd, 2023 at 1:24:33 PM permalink
Riverjordan
According to Google, the Covid emergency is over, not necessarily Covid itself being over, which makes total sense...
June 23rd, 2023 at 1:48:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Riverjordan
So, I have a Fictional character named Mark Riley.

My fictional character, Judge V, is in league with your fictional character.