2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

September 4th, 2022 at 3:18:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
I’ve read they received 3 million in aid but were asking for 47. In any case, if you’ve driven through Jackson in the past decade you would know it’s one of those places that conjure up thoughts of not throwing good money after bad and sunk cost fallacy. I know it’s the capital but….everyone should just leave instead of rebuilding, the place is utterly beyond hope.

What a bunch of garbage
Where does this complete BS come from?
I visited Jackson
It's not that bad
Certainly not worse then many many cities I've visited
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2022 at 3:21:49 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
What a bunch of garbage
Where does this complete BS come from?
I visited Jackson
It's not that bad
Certainly not worse then many many cities I've visited

I’ve never seen worse roads consistently outside of Texas. The infrastructure issues of the city are obvious I don’t know how you missed it, it’s like a dumpy hotel with severe deferred maintenance.
September 4th, 2022 at 3:45:44 AM permalink
terapined
I’ve never seen worse roads consistently outside of Texas. The infrastructure issues of the city are obvious I don’t know how you missed it, it’s like a dumpy hotel with severe deferred maintenance.

It's so historical. So much incredible history happened in this city. I'm a huge music fan, of course rock. But I love studying and listening to the Blues. I've probably done seen half the historical markers on the Mississippi Blues Trail. Incredibly important history. These locations are where actual important history to the music world took place. These places are not some meaningless town square monuments. There is important blues history all over Jackson and I made sure to check it out. Here's a pic I took of the historical Edwards hotel.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2022 at 5:33:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Reminds me, I picked up a trucker's magazine in a waiting room a few years back and they had a trucker's survey of roads. They had Pennsylvania as the "most likely state to lose an axle". Bad potholes, I guess.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2022 at 6:24:15 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
It's so historical. So much incredible history happened in this city. I'm a huge music fan, of course rock. But I love studying and listening to the Blues. I've probably done seen half the historical markers on the Mississippi Blues Trail. Incredibly important history. These locations are where actual important history to the music world took place. These places are not some meaningless town square monuments. There is important blues history all over Jackson and I made sure to check it out. Here's a pic I took of the historical Edwards hotel.

The US army didn’t give two hoots about the history when they were carpet cannonballing Vicksburg, now did they?
September 4th, 2022 at 7:16:59 AM permalink
terapined

The US army didn’t give two hoots about the history when they were carpet cannonballing Vicksburg, now did they?

Times have changed
I'm actually reading the book Monuments Men
Well actually listening to the audio in the car and when I walk. Kind of sucks what happened to the Vicksburg battlefield. Can't see jack because it's now a huge Forrest.
Cannons pointed into the forest. Don't get a sense of the battlefield. Prefer Gettysburg, battlefield pretty much. remains the same. Vicksburg huge for Blues fans. The great Willie Dixon was from Vicksburg. Grateful Dead covered many of his tunes
September 4th, 2022 at 7:20:16 AM permalink
terapined
I'm a huge Dixon fan.
Great to see him getting respect at the Rock Hall of fame
September 6th, 2022 at 8:51:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Dems now hold a one point lead in the “generic ballot” for this November’s elections.

Due to gerrymandering, they will probably need a bigger lead than this to actually hold the House.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 7th, 2022 at 4:46:25 PM permalink
terapined
Lol

The Independent: As Republican Senate candidates continue to struggle, it’s cleanup on aisle Trump.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-senate-candidates-vance-masters-oz-b2161564.html

Walker, Oz and Vance
These are just terrible people
September 8th, 2022 at 6:55:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m addition to an abortion amendment, Michigan voters get to vote on this in November:

Going to make the GOP’s plan to steal the MI election in 2024 much harder if it passes!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 4 of 51<1234567>Last »