DeSantis: the real deal?

March 20th, 2023 at 6:00:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
More censorship from the DeSantis minions
Free speech is now considered woke
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/19/florida-republican-bill-girls-periods-school/11504099002/
Florida GOP bill would ban girls from talking about their periods in school

That one I may be okay with. I don't know if that is much different than bowel movements and I sure don't think it is necessary for people to be discussing those in school.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 20th, 2023 at 6:04:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
That one I may be okay with. I don't know if that is much different than bowel movements and I sure don't think it is necessary for people to be discussing those in school.

What should be the punishment for discussing a bowel movement :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 20th, 2023 at 6:42:48 AM permalink
terapined
https://news.yahoo.com/undercover-agents-saw-nothing-lewd-120000748.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Undercover agents saw nothing ‘lewd’ at Orlando drag show. Florida is going after venue anyway

People are just having fun. Is having fun woke? If people are just having fun but if somebody is in drag, that must be woke according to Desantis and must be shut down.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 20th, 2023 at 8:57:15 AM permalink
DRich
What should be the punishment for discussing a bowel movement :-)

Maybe a swirlee.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swirlee
March 21st, 2023 at 7:51:58 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
Give me good odds and I will take that bet.

I might want to piggy-back for a piece of the action.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 21st, 2023 at 8:00:00 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
More censorship from the DeSantis minions
Free speech is now considered woke
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/19/florida-republican-bill-girls-periods-school/11504099002/
Florida GOP bill would ban girls from talking about their periods in school

And they (rightly) accuse the left of hypersensitivity?

It's a natural biological function; Christians get offended by the weirdest stuff. It was just the other day when I saw my fiancee doubling up on the full-coverage panties and proclaimed, "Ye, and the massacre shall unfold in short order, whereupon the blood of the innocent shalt floweth into the streets!"***

There are literally dozens of Bible verses that discuss menstruation. Maybe The Bible should be banned for children, as well.

Hey...now there's an idea....

***FTR, she thought that was hilarious.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 21st, 2023 at 2:14:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Big Tits (in his high heels) did an interview with Piers Morgan.

Just two normal, not at all weird and awkward, guys shooting the breeze.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 22nd, 2023 at 7:31:23 AM permalink
terapined
Desantis has got to be livid about this. How dare a private company exercise their freedom. No doubt Desantis will be looking to punish the largest private employer in the state.
There used to be a time when Republicans supported private business
Now thats all out the window
Times have changed
For Desantis, the ends justifies the means. In order to attract the Trump knuckledraggers, he has to show that he hates gays

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/03/22/disney-desantis-conference-lgbtq-gay-rights-dei/
The Walt Disney Co. will host a major conference promoting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights in the workplace in Central Florida this September, gathering executives and professionals from the world’s largest companies in a defiant display of the limits of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign against diversity training.
Disney’s decision to host the conference this fall comes after a yearlong dispute between the company and the Republican governor, who signed a law that ended decades of autonomy at the Disney resort. It was seen as punishment over the company’s opposition to Florida’s Parental Rights in Education legislation, known widely as the state’s Don’t Say Gay bill, which prohibits any discussion of sexual orientation or gender identity in classrooms before fourth grade.
March 22nd, 2023 at 8:21:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Wait...what? Can someone explain to me why nine year olds would need to learn about different sexualities?

I mean, I never really looked into it because I assumed that the bill was something stupid and the opposition to the bill was equally stupid...and I was more correct on both counts than I thought. In what world is there a school even teaching human sexuality prior to fourth grade in the first place?
March 22nd, 2023 at 11:58:29 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Mission146
Wait...what? Can someone explain to me why nine year olds would need to learn about different sexualities?

I mean, I never really looked into it because I assumed that the bill was something stupid and the opposition to the bill was equally stupid...and I was more correct on both counts than I thought. In what world is there a school even teaching human sexuality prior to fourth grade in the first place?

Why should we use an age as a reason to restrict education?