DeSantis: the real deal?

April 15th, 2023 at 6:23:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Meaningless
The microscope hasnt been on him
Any hard news interview will expose him as an extremist

Did you actually say the microscope hasn’t been on him? You lose ALL credibility with a statement like that! Other than Trump, which politician hadn’t been scrutinized more than DeSantis? None. I stand by my analysis. If there wasn’t the Orange Oaf around to sabotage RD’s campaign, RD wipes the floor with Biden. Not in NY or Cali or Mass. But yes in the so called swing states.

But my hypothesis will likely not be put to the test. If the Repubs nominate Trump, Biden rolls to an easy EC victory. And if they somehow nominate someone other than Trump and Trump pouts, then Biden rolls to an EC victory.
April 15th, 2023 at 7:28:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I stand by my analysis. If there wasn’t the Orange Oaf around to sabotage RD’s campaign, RD wipes the floor with Biden. Not in NY or Cali or Mass. But yes in the so called swing states.

I stand by my analysis that this is crazy. No one with his far right social policies is gonna win MI, PA, or WI.

Not to mention the fact that he’s just a bad politician. Fat, short, awkward personality, high voice, afraid of tough interviews, etc.

(FL is a red state. Winning in FL is not indicative of anything)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 16th, 2023 at 4:48:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Did you actually say the microscope hasn’t been on him? You lose ALL credibility with a statement like that! Other than Trump, which politician hadn’t been scrutinized more than DeSantis? None. I stand by my analysis. If there wasn’t the Orange Oaf around to sabotage RD’s campaign, RD wipes the floor with Biden. Not in NY or Cali or Mass. But yes in the so called swing states.

But my hypothesis will likely not be put to the test. If the Repubs nominate Trump, Biden rolls to an easy EC victory. And if they somehow nominate someone other than Trump and Trump pouts, then Biden rolls to an EC victory.

ROTFL
I stand by my analysis that you cant deal with Roevember
Desantis went all in on abortion with 6 weeks
You don't understand the American people and the consequences of Roevember
Anne Coulter after DeSantis signed 6 weeks
"Total disaster"
https://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-issues-two-word-warning-about-ron-desantis-abortion-ban-1794506
You have some fantasy that the world will be better without Biden. It's just a fantasy.
The left is dealing with a reality that the country would be worse with anti abortion and anti vax DeSantis that have and will drive voters to the polls.
Every vote regarding abortion lately has been a disaster for Republicans.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/15/abortion-republicans-election-supreme-court
‘They created this’: are Republicans willing to lose elections to retain their abortion stance?
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/08/republican-party-abortion-trap-00091088
Abortion was a 50/50 issue. Now, it’s Republican quicksand.
Six in 10 voters support legal abortion in most cases. Just over a third want it to be entirely or mostly illegal.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 16th, 2023 at 6:02:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Continue his absurd obsession to punish Disney

My mistake, I thought you were referring to Trump.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 16th, 2023 at 3:16:11 PM permalink
SOOPOO
ROTFL
I stand by my analysis that you cant deal with Roevember
Desantis went all in on abortion with 6 weeks
You don't understand the American people and the consequences of Roevember
Anne Coulter after DeSantis signed 6 weeks
"Total disaster"
https://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-issues-two-word-warning-about-ron-desantis-abortion-ban-1794506
You have some fantasy that the world will be better without Biden. It's just a fantasy.
The left is dealing with a reality that the country would be worse with anti abortion and anti vax DeSantis that have and will drive voters to the polls.
Every vote regarding abortion lately has been a disaster for Republicans.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/15/abortion-republicans-election-supreme-court
‘They created this’: are Republicans willing to lose elections to retain their abortion stance?
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/08/republican-party-abortion-trap-00091088
Abortion was a 50/50 issue. Now, it’s Republican quicksand.
Six in 10 voters support legal abortion in most cases. Just over a third want it to be entirely or mostly illegal.

Just to be clear. There were 435 individual elections in 2022 for Congressman. You are aware that despite having the albatross named Trump around their necks the ‘anti abortion’ Republicans beat the Democrats by 10 or so. That means that over half of the USA’s congressional districts voted for someone who would vote Republican on abortion issues. Because abortion is certainly not the only issue.

Let’s also be clear. If the Republicans were smart enough (they are not!) to admit defeat on abortion they cruise to many victories that were tight races. All you need is a few percent of people in a tight race to go Democrat that might have gone Republican to prevent the ‘Red Wave’ that would have happened if not for the abjectly stupid Republicans who would rather die on the sword of abortion than have the Senate and House control.

The above is why I am now an ‘anti-Democrat’ as opposed to a Republican.

Would a non-Trump encumbered DeSantis lose some voters solely due to his pin headed stance on abortion? Sure. But there were 223ish districts he would have won, and probably a few more. DeSantis beats Biden. Would I prefer a Ryan/Haley/Scott type ticket? Sure! But the by far biggest problem for the Repubs is not any particular policy. It’s Trump.
April 16th, 2023 at 3:21:17 PM permalink
ams288
Would a non-Trump encumbered DeSantis lose some voters solely due to his pin headed stance on abortion? Sure. But there were 223ish districts he would have won, and probably a few more. DeSantis beats Biden. Would I prefer a Ryan/Haley/Scott type ticket? Sure! But the by far biggest problem for the Repubs is not any particular policy. It’s Trump.

EXTREMELY flawed analysis.

Comparing mid-term election results to presidential year turn out is simply dumb.

More voters show up for presidential elections, and when more voters show up: Dems do better. GOP policies just aren’t popular!
April 16th, 2023 at 3:36:18 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
EXTREMELY flawed analysis.

Comparing mid-term election results to presidential year turn out is simply dumb.

More voters show up for presidential elections, and when more voters show up: Dems do better. GOP policies just aren’t popular!

MANY Republican policies aren’t popular. Abortion. Gun issues. Race/ gender issues. But they win on the economy. On crime. On the border. You and terapined to me miss the point. The election hinges on Arizona. Ohio. Wisconsin. A few others. The Republican policies play well in those states. The Republicans will never have a chance in 15-20 or so states. Not relevant. Don’t you guys remember 2016? A total fool beat ‘the best candidate ever’??? I mean an idiot outsider with questionable morals with no political experience beat the heir apparent!?!

The Democrats (Biden) can lose to ANY non Trump Republican…. if Trump would allow it…..
April 16th, 2023 at 5:23:18 PM permalink
ams288
MANY Republican policies aren’t popular. Abortion. Gun issues. Race/ gender issues. But they win on the economy. On crime. On the border. You and terapined to me miss the point. The election hinges on Arizona. Ohio. Wisconsin. A few others. The Republican policies play well in those states. The Republicans will never have a chance in 15-20 or so states. Not relevant. Don’t you guys remember 2016? A total fool beat ‘the best candidate ever’??? I mean an idiot outsider with questionable morals with no political experience beat the heir apparent!?!

The Democrats (Biden) can lose to ANY non Trump Republican…. if Trump would allow it…..

Ohio?

That’s a red state. There is no plausible scenario where Ohio is the tipping point state. If a Dem has any chance in Ohio in 2024 then the GOP is REALLY screwed.
April 16th, 2023 at 6:55:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Ohio?

That’s a red state. There is no plausible scenario where Ohio is the tipping point state. If a Dem has any chance in Ohio in 2024 then the GOP is REALLY screwed.

Ok. Pick whatever 6-8 states you want to call swing states. Or states in play. They do change. Georgia was a Red state and not in play until recently. Florida used to be in play. Etc.. point still the same. Republicans can win those states without the anvil (Trump) weighing them down.
April 17th, 2023 at 5:28:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Ok. Pick whatever 6-8 states you want to call swing states. Or states in play. They do change. Georgia was a Red state and not in play until recently. Florida used to be in play. Etc.. point still the same. Republicans can win those states without the anvil (Trump) weighing them down.

The abortion anvil is way way heavier then the Trump anvil.
Abortion will weigh down the party like no other issue
Read the room
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"