DeSantis: the real deal?

April 4th, 2023 at 2:45:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
So with all the anti DeSantis blather of the last dozen or so of our resident lefties’ posts, what’s actually happening to Florida. Thousands every day are moving to Florida to avoid Dem/liberal policies in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts. In the west the same influx is happening in Texas. It is stunning how large the exodus from NY/Cali has been! NET loss of A MILLION over the past two years! So you can say DeSantis bad all you want. People are moving to be under his rule in RECORD numbers! Leaving Hochul/Newsom etc… in RECORD numbers.

Last election Floridians PROVED they approved of DeSantis and his policies/way of governing. In an electoral ROUT. Get over it.

If he was able to run for POTUS without the Trump interference sabotaging the entire Republican Party , he CRUSHES any Democrat. And THAT I’d bet on!
April 4th, 2023 at 2:48:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
So with all the anti DeSantis blather of the last dozen or so of our resident lefties’ posts, what’s actually happening to Florida. Thousands every day are moving to Florida to avoid Dem/liberal policies in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts. In the west the same influx is happening in Texas. It is stunning how large the exodus from NY/Cali has been! NET loss of A MILLION over the past two years! So you can say DeSantis bad all you want. People are moving to be under his rule in RECORD numbers! Leaving Hochul/Newsom etc… in RECORD numbers.

People aren't moving to FL because of DeSantis
That's absurd
That's like saying immigrants are trying to enter the USA because Biden is a great President
It's all about the warmer weather
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 4th, 2023 at 3:01:20 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
People aren't moving to FL because of DeSantis
That's absurd
That's like saying immigrants are trying to enter the USA because Biden is a great President
It's all about the warmer weather

Head in the freaking sand!!!! You are 100% wrong on both counts actually!

More immigrants are trying to enter the USA since Biden became President because of how lax border enforcement/‘asylum’ rules/ easier job opportunities have become under the Biden administration than they were under Trump.

And the weather has been warmer in Florida than NY/NJ/Mass forever, but the MASSIVE INCREASE in the exodus is new. It’s the no tax/anti woke/anti progressive agenda Florida that people are FLOCKING to.

As usual, you can’t deny reality because it doesn’t fit your narrative. The DeSantis LANDSLIDE in Florida happened.
April 4th, 2023 at 3:01:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Can't say I ever moved somewhere or away from somewhere based on who was governor. Actually thought about moving to Biloxi right after living in Vegas. But wasn't sure I would be happy with the location in the long run.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 4th, 2023 at 3:09:42 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
Can't say I ever moved somewhere or away from somewhere based on who was governor. Actually thought about moving to Biloxi right after living in Vegas. But wasn't sure I would be happy with the location in the long run.

Frankly, me too. I will live my life the same regardless. But I can assure you many work from home millionaires don’t want to pay 12% to New York State and another couple % to NYC when they pay nothing to Florida. If I move to Florida it will be as terapined states, for weather. The political environment will just be a very small bonus.

But one of my wife’s best friends is the opposite. Already bought house in Texas and wants to get out of liberal NYS ASAP. They just have to wait another year or two for husband to hit some pension milestone. It’s politics, not weather for her.
April 4th, 2023 at 3:10:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
If he was able to run for POTUS without the Trump interference sabotaging the entire Republican Party , he CRUSHES any Democrat. And THAT I’d bet on!

And I’d bet that you’re dead wrong. Newsom would kick his short, chubby butt!

Fortunately, Donny is still around to tank the his and the GOP’s chances so there is no reason to bet.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 4th, 2023 at 3:13:16 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
And I’d bet that you’re dead wrong. Newsom would kick his short, chubby butt!

Fortunately, Donny is still around to tank the his and the GOP’s chances so there is no reason to bet.

Correct. On the Trump part. I’d LOVE to make that bet with you if we do ever get that chance.
April 4th, 2023 at 3:13:59 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
People move away from California for EVERYTHING BUT the weather. But they’re not really moving “to Texas,” they’re moving to Texas, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Boise, Colorado….
April 4th, 2023 at 3:50:45 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I'd guess mostly conservatives are leaving NY & CA.

But if there were 50M illegals that entered the USA (including off the books), many of those will replace the CA conservatives (shorter distance).

NY conservative rate likely decreased drastically.

Don't have to worry about ICE in NY & CA.
April 5th, 2023 at 10:16:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
LOL

Desantis can't even trap a mouse; how the hell can he hope to go toe to toe with a Russian bear or a Chinese tiger?

Just another empty suit with a bullhorn.