Hey Whitey!

Page 3 of 4<1234>
November 20th, 2022 at 7:26:54 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
There is a reason quoting studies is the standard for academic papers. If you just say your position without any basis in the academic establishment, it means very little in traditional debates (or papers).

Generally, a good point is a combination of multiple studies and papers brought together in a coherent way.

Quoting studies to make your point is far more persuasive than just making a point. "Anyone can say anything" (citation needed).

That used to be true however with the extreme bias and censorship in the academic world now it no longer is.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 21st, 2022 at 2:54:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
There is a reason quoting studies is the standard for academic papers. If you just say your position without any basis in the academic establishment, it means very little in traditional debates (or papers).

This is a casual forum, not a college paper.

Quote:
Generally, a good point is a combination of multiple studies and papers brought together in a coherent way.

Quoting studies to make your point is far more persuasive than just making a point. "Anyone can say anything" (citation needed).

Quoting studies in a casual conversation makes you the person nobody wants to talk to. To know about a couple famous ones is one thing, like the one about how most people will harm other people if told to do so by an authority. But that is the exception.

To this thread, I made my point with facts about white people. The other poster did not try to refute the facts with their own. They did not try to argue the facts. They just implied since I did not do a "study" the facts are not valid. Which is rubbish.

You have to know the difference in types of conversation to talk amongst adults.
The President is a fink.
November 21st, 2022 at 4:20:24 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

With some posters here it is more like Kindergarten.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 21st, 2022 at 4:35:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
People should do their best to be better than possibly a bad influence they grew up under whatever that bad influence was. It could be racism, or any other sort of thing. If your dad was a raging alcoholic and wife beater, surely you want to try to do better. Failure is possible, but not trying at all is the real sin.
Yet as we all know, they often become the exactly the same, as often as not if not more often
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 21st, 2022 at 5:16:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
In our time it's clearly become an article of faith with many academics etc, that the problems of the Af/Am population comes down to systemic racism*. I wouldn’t try to say they face none of that, historically they have, and I don’t deny remnants exist. However, I dont think it is useful to think there’s nothing introspective they themselves need to do, or, especially, that haranguing the Whites that would be responsive to it is going to accomplish anything. In the meantime I wouldn’t discount the resentment growing with other minorities such as Asians … I haven’t heard of any Asian/Am Guilt that the hustlers can cash in on

* I'll dispense with using 'bigotry' as the word … With Af/Ams the words are interchangable and everyone has gone along with it in this context.
November 21st, 2022 at 7:38:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
In our time it's clearly become an article of faith with many academics etc, that the problems of the Af/Am population comes down to systemic racism*. I wouldn’t try to say they face none of that, historically they have, and I don’t deny remnants exist. However, I dont think it is useful to think there’s nothing introspective they themselves need to do, or, especially, that haranguing the Whites that would be responsive to it is going to accomplish anything. In the meantime I wouldn’t discount the resentment growing with other minorities such as Asians … I haven’t heard of any Asian/Am Guilt that the hustlers can cash in on

* I'll dispense with using 'bigotry' as the word … With Af/Ams the words are interchangable and everyone has gone along with it in this context.

Rather that argue whether something is significant, I'll just opt to show the potential always exists. Doesn't matter what race or ethnic background. It starts with people spouting ignorance. Short video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAi78hluFc
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2022 at 8:36:07 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman

Quoting studies in a casual conversation makes you the person nobody wants to talk to. To know about a couple famous ones is one thing, like the one about how most people will harm other people if told to do so by an authority. But that is the exception.

To this thread, I made my point with facts about white people. The other poster did not try to refute the facts with their own. They did not try to argue the facts. They just implied since I did not do a "study" the facts are not valid. Which is rubbish.

You have to know the difference in types of conversation to talk amongst adults.

It's a casual forum, but in political sections when making a contentious point, you should have a citation.

Casual discussions are about movies and sports. When you are talking about race and want to make sweeping statements about policy you need citations. You can't just feel a certain way.

Otherwise it would be like posting on WOV that you can beat a game and not cite the method that you use.

It is not their job to dispute your statement. If you make a proclamation the burden of proof is on the one making, otherwise in any debate you can simply reply, "I do not accept the premise" and you win by default (the burden is always on the person making a claim).
November 21st, 2022 at 1:52:40 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
Rather that argue whether something is significant, I'll just opt to show the potential always exists. Doesn't matter what race or ethnic background.
But it does matter. White people are the Racists who need to change, and make their children be not like them, according to some ... and these can be influential people today. Some of these same people say Black people can't be racist.
Quote:
It starts with people spouting ignorance.
Yes, Example:"Dear White Parents, you are racists and your kids are too!"
November 21st, 2022 at 1:55:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
But it does matter. White people are the Racists who need to change, and make their children be not like them, according to some ... and these can be influential people today. Some of these same people say Black people can't be racist. Yes, Example:"Dear White Parents, you are racists and your kids are too!"

I only watched one video you posted. but didn't see your example mentioned in that manner.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2022 at 2:01:55 PM permalink
odiousgambit
You have to read between the lines
Page 3 of 4<1234>