The Biden Presidency 2023

July 6th, 2023 at 6:40:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
No one here has been endorsing hydrogen cells. Or at least not me.

Based on my memory, it was the last Popular Mechanics magazine I read in a paper version where I first saw them. So, quite awhile ago. Reminds me, they had a car advertised that could sustain high mph crashes. Only problem was it still scrambled the passenger's brains from the impact. It's didn't crumple.

Is this like the time the righties got all up in arms over gas stoves for no reason at all?

Sometimes they just get these random ideas in their heads about stuff the Biden administration is doing and it’s all they can focus on for a couple of weeks.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 6th, 2023 at 7:20:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the connection to the Biden admin. is their support for a technology that most likely isn't going to solve any problems, yet there is this claim that they will snag all the jobs and benefit that way. Let's hope the EU will wind up paying for the whole mess
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 6th, 2023 at 7:28:04 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
One way it would work is funny math.

Like assigning a cost to climate change.

Then the numbers would work, but based upon a fairy tale.
July 6th, 2023 at 7:40:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The reason it's a fairy tale, is because it'll come down to eating for the poor versus the ideology of climate change.

Like baked in the price of food, etc.

In other words, climate change doesn't matter if one can't eat and becomes deceased.
July 6th, 2023 at 11:20:22 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
One way it would work is funny math.

Like assigning a cost to climate change.

Then the numbers would work, but based upon a fairy tale.
The only specific thing the expanded hydrogen cell idea will do is if direct solar water splitting works better for carbon emissions and is feasible. The website I found says it is "promising". I find that suspicious since there were advocates back in the Bush '43 days who convinced 'W' to propose a big program. It should be crystal clear by now that it does more than just promise. In the Hossenfelder video she shows that 95% of the hydrogen is being produced by fossil fuels.

At this point I am sticking with my claim that it is only for cleaner air where there is vehicle congestion and not for reducing carbon emissions, the fairy tale being direct water splitting becoming feasible. Perhaps the Biden backed projects will prove me wrong
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 7th, 2023 at 2:14:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
The only specific thing the expanded hydrogen cell idea will do is if direct solar water splitting works better for carbon emissions and is feasible. The website I found says it is "promising". I find that suspicious since there were advocates back in the Bush '43 days who convinced 'W' to propose a big program. It should be crystal clear by now that it does more than just promise. In the Hossenfelder video she shows that 95% of the hydrogen is being produced by fossil fuels.

At this point I am sticking with my claim that it is only for cleaner air where there is vehicle congestion and not for reducing carbon emissions, the fairy tale being direct water splitting becoming feasible. Perhaps the Biden backed projects will prove me wrong

It has to be green hydrogen (renewable), not grey hydrogen (fossil fuels) for it to work.

Fossil fuels store energy, like a battery.

The energy has already been captured (the largest cost) for millions of years.

That's why they're hard to compete with.

Capturing the Sun's energy real-time brings the efficiency numbers way down (negatively).

The answer is not solar panels, nor wind, nor water (mechanical), and especially not in electricity (unless harvested from the atmosphere).

But there's energy in water.

We have plenty of it too.

We're almost all water and so is the Earth's surface.

When it rains, that's free energy hitting the land.

The water is in a closed loop, in that it never runs out (in theory).

It's a resource, which explains governments covertly redirecting the atmospheric ions so their country gets rain.

Technically, there's energy in all atoms.

But hydrogen I think is the way to go, just not grey.
July 7th, 2023 at 2:19:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The way I realized green hydrogen is the way to go, is when hydrogen is burned, it combines with oxygen to make water.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Pure recycle.

Cars will all run on water.

Even if they fly.

Water is a battery.

It stores the energy.

So no need for electricity nor electrical batteries.

Why develop battery infrastructure for electricity?

The materials in electrical batteries rape the Earth.

So the richest man in the world is raping the Earth being pumped full of money by Biden the big guy.

Then to top it off, the big guy thinks he's solving an issue.

He's making it worse because he's directing funding for something not efficient.

Like a chicken with head cut off running around in circles.
July 7th, 2023 at 3:15:51 AM permalink
DoubleGold
When mentally unstable people like Gates and Biden are in control they begin to think of ridiculous things like blocking the Sun.

No joke.

That's how they think.

Even Elon.

He's just as bad.

He should have chose hydrogen over electricity.

So Elon's legacy will be tarred and feathered.

There comes a time in a person's life where they have to sacrifice economics in order to do the right thing.

Elon failed.

He gets an F.
July 8th, 2023 at 2:39:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DoubleGold
When mentally unstable people like Gates and Biden are in control they begin to think of ridiculous things like blocking the Sun.

No joke.

That's how they think.

Mr Burns did it, they can do it!
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2023 at 2:45:11 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: AZDuffman
Mr Burns did it, they can do it!

They couldn't even walk to the next county.