The Biden Presidency 2023

June 29th, 2023 at 6:32:01 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Have to have intent to lie so he lies much less than what folks think.

I've noticed the times when he raises his voice to reporters, is when he likely lies.

His out of bounds ego is so obvious and it comes into play.

Sometimes he ignores the reporters' questions and walks off so he doesn't have to lie.
July 2nd, 2023 at 4:23:21 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Someone on the Biden team is brilliant or is stupid and has good fortune.

Student debt relief was a promise Joe Biden made during the 2020. There are lots of reasons he won the election, not the least of which was the candidate he faced, but this promise did help him gain votes.

In 2022, there was a plan on the table. President Biden had previously stated that he could not just forgive student loans, as did Nancy Pelosi. He put forward a plan that he knew could not stand a court challenge unless every court case was resolved by denying "standing." Between the Dobbs decision, Democrats assisting Trump candidates (and the failure of Trump to support reasonable candidates), and the student loan promise, the Dems held enough seats to turn the "Red Wave" into something much less than is expected in a mid-term.

2024 is coming and some of the early thoughts on the latest student loan plans that were announced after the SC ruled may even meet the inevitable challenges n court and pass muster. This means that all of the other issues remain (Trump, Dobbs, etc.) but student loan debt will either be in place or in court during the election--the President can use it once again to gain votes.

Maybe they can take it all the way to 2026...or 28....

I think they could have drafted something when they held both chambers that would have passed, even if it was not everything that they wanted.

Maybe it is all just a big coincidence.
July 2nd, 2023 at 5:24:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Someone on the Biden team is brilliant or is stupid and has good fortune.

Student debt relief was a promise Joe Biden made during the 2020. There are lots of reasons he won the election, not the least of which was the candidate he faced, but this promise did help him gain votes.

In 2022, there was a plan on the table. President Biden had previously stated that he could not just forgive student loans, as did Nancy Pelosi. He put forward a plan that he knew could not stand a court challenge unless every court case was resolved by denying "standing." Between the Dobbs decision, Democrats assisting Trump candidates (and the failure of Trump to support reasonable candidates), and the student loan promise, the Dems held enough seats to turn the "Red Wave" into something much less than is expected in a mid-term.

2024 is coming and some of the early thoughts on the latest student loan plans that were announced after the SC ruled may even meet the inevitable challenges n court and pass muster. This means that all of the other issues remain (Trump, Dobbs, etc.) but student loan debt will either be in place or in court during the election--the President can use it once again to gain votes.

Maybe they can take it all the way to 2026...or 28....

I think they could have drafted something when they held both chambers that would have passed, even if it was not everything that they wanted.

Maybe it is all just a big coincidence.

Oh my god, I actually fully agree with a RonC post.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Student debt relief will likely be in front of SCOTUS again next year.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 2nd, 2023 at 5:41:31 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC

That and the reparations bait.

They're not done yet.

The puppet masters finalized a new student loan forgiveness proposal within hours of the Supreme Court decision.

These recent supreme Court decisions will help the dems in 2024.

Picture it:

"We need to have a democrat president who will replace these conserviairtve Justices and overturn the Affirmative Action, Roe V Wade and Student Loan decisions."

"And most of all, we need reparations"

Should be a slam dunk for them in 2024.

Never mind the compounded 20% overall inflation and 25% food inflation -so far- in just the past three years.
July 2nd, 2023 at 8:03:50 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Tanko
That and the reparations bait.

They're not done yet.

The puppet masters finalized a new student loan forgiveness proposal within hours of the Supreme Court decision.

These recent supreme Court decisions will help the dems in 2024.

Nothing will help them in 2024 if saggy ass poopy pants dementia Joe is their candidate. Poll after poll shows a majority of people, which means both parties, do not want him to run again. Why would anybody in their right mind want him to run again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 2nd, 2023 at 3:47:02 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob

Nothing will help them in 2024 if saggy ass poopy pants dementia Joe is their candidate. Poll after poll shows a majority of people, which means both parties, do not want him to run again. Why would anybody in their right mind want him to run again.

I think the simple answer is so we are not stuck with Trump.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 2nd, 2023 at 4:34:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I think the simple answer is so we are not stuck with Trump.

They still can’t believe that Biden got 81 million votes in 2020, mainly because so many people voted AGAINST Trump instead of for Biden.

They are poised to repeat history in 2024.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 2nd, 2023 at 5:01:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
They still can’t believe that Biden got 81 million votes in 2020, mainly because so many people voted AGAINST Trump instead of for Biden.

They are poised to repeat history in 2024.

I think Biden is a slightly worse candidate now than he was in 2020. But Trump is a far worse candidate than he was in 2020. An approaching senile Biden beats Trump ( if he gets the nomination) by 5 million more votes than he did in 2020. If the Republicans could unite around virtually ANY non-Trump candidate they would have success.
July 6th, 2023 at 3:21:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Joe Biden, King of smut, dirt, dung

“Dung beetles spend hours rolling up balls of dung to attract females,”... “But there are some very smart dung beetles that just sit by the side and watch while others do hard work. Then they shoot in, take the dung ball, take the girl and run away with everything. That’s Joe Biden.”

there's no context there at all ha ha but I couldn't resist posting that. See link https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/05/biden-hydrogen-europe-00104024

btw the article doesn't go into the dubiousness of the whole hydrogen gas project. It really is a clean air project, but masquerading as an alternative to fossil fuels [successfully because people are so stupid]. Converting to hydrogen [which I think is just for vehicles] has many other problems as well. The Politico reporter of course is ignorant of all this and writes an article going alon with the idea it's a fossil fuel replacement

watch this
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 6th, 2023 at 3:42:39 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Europeans getting that USA taxpayer money, this one for electrolysis.