The Biden Presidency 2023

July 20th, 2023 at 1:48:53 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
They diluted the currency about 30% in an 18 month period during Covid.

People get diluted too. The more of them you add to a population, the less valuable the rest of them become as individuals.

The dems have more than enough votes. They don’t need to add five million more illegals every year, but the corporations want more consumers and the government needs more taxpayers. The standard of living and the quality of life for most of the diluted population isn’t what is was three years ago, with the costs of housing, medical, and goods and services increasing. For most, the quality of life and standard of living they have right now, will never get any better, and will likely deteriorate over time.
July 20th, 2023 at 1:55:40 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko
People get diluted too. The more of them you add to a population, the less valuable the rest of them become as individuals.

The dems have more than enough votes. They don’t need to add five million more illegals every year, but the corporations want more consumers and the government needs more taxpayers. The standard of living and the quality of life for most of the diluted population isn’t what is was three years ago, with the costs of housing, medical, and goods and services increasing. For most, the quality of life and standard of living they have right now, will never get any better, and will likely deteriorate over time.

Good points.

I think where Powell messed up the most is pumping so much fiat due to Covid.

He got scared when the governments and corporations began to shut down.

He was too scared.

He pumped way too much cash into the system.

We can see the effects too right now with the lotto stocks that jump 40 percent, sometimes in a day.

It'll take a long time to get the excess out of the system.
July 20th, 2023 at 3:21:54 PM permalink
Tanko
Quote: DoubleGold
I think where Powell messed up the most is pumping so much fiat due to Covid.

I don't support QE, but in this situation, Powell did the right thing.

The pandemic caused the unemployment rate go from 3.5% to 14.5% in a matter of weeks. The highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression. It would have caused mass bankruptcies, business failures, loan foreclosures, home foreclosures and massive bank collapses.

Instead of all that, the unemployment rate went down to 3.4% within twelve months. The fastest drop in history.
July 20th, 2023 at 4:20:28 PM permalink
DoubleGold
I don't support QE, but in this situation, Powell did the right thing.

The pandemic caused the unemployment rate go from 3.5% to 14.5% in a matter of weeks. The highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression. It would have caused mass bankruptcies, business failures, loan foreclosures, home foreclosures and massive bank collapses.

Instead of all that, the unemployment rate went down to 3.4% within twelve months. The fastest drop in history.

I don't believe those employment numbers.
July 21st, 2023 at 4:12:32 AM permalink
Tanko
The Conference Board reported yesterday, that the Leading Economic Index fell again in June for the fifteenth month in a row.

“The US LEI fell again in June, fueled by gloomier consumer expectations, weaker new orders, an increased number of initial claims for unemployment, and a reduction in housing construction,”

The Board is forecasting a short recession beginning in the next quarter, but then again, economists have predicted ten of the last three recessions.

“The Leading Index has been in decline for fifteen months—the longest streak of consecutive decreases since 2007-08, during the runup to the Great Recession. Taken together, June’s data suggests economic activity will continue to decelerate in the months ahead. We forecast that the US economy is likely to be in recession from Q3 2023 to Q1 2024. Elevated prices, tighter monetary policy, harder-to-get credit, and reduced government spending are poised to dampen economic growth further.”
July 21st, 2023 at 8:03:04 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The Conference Board reported yesterday, that the Leading Economic Index fell again in June for the fifteenth month in a row.

“The US LEI fell again in June, fueled by gloomier consumer expectations, weaker new orders, an increased number of initial claims for unemployment, and a reduction in housing construction,”

The Board is forecasting a short recession beginning in the next quarter, but then again, economists have predicted ten of the last three recessions.

“The Leading Index has been in decline for fifteen months—the longest streak of consecutive decreases since 2007-08, during the runup to the Great Recession. Taken together, June’s data suggests economic activity will continue to decelerate in the months ahead. We forecast that the US economy is likely to be in recession from Q3 2023 to Q1 2024. Elevated prices, tighter monetary policy, harder-to-get credit, and reduced government spending are poised to dampen economic growth further.”

In reference to the streak going back to 2007-2008.....reminds me of the VIX getting ready to takeoff to Mars.
July 21st, 2023 at 11:20:28 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody else see RFK Jr do his opening remarks yesterday in front of Congress? This guy has got next president written all over him. It was riveting and he did everything off the cuff, he set his notes aside. He was talking about what the Democrat Party used to be like compared to what it's like now and he's absolutely right. It's a joke now, it's a circus sideshow of freaks and Weirdos. He talked about how his Uncle Teddy would bring home prominent Republicans from Congress for the weekend because in those days Democrats and Republicans were friends they were not mortal enemies. They had the welfare of the country in mind not the welfare of themselves only. It's been a long time since I've seen anybody as presidential looking as RFK Jr and even though he's a Democrat and I probably disagree with some of his points I would vote for this guy in a minute because I think he would give us a fair deal. He's not owned by anybody that's why the Democrat Party wants to get rid of him. In that way he's like Trump, he is his own man.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2023 at 12:12:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't agree with all the criticisms and characterizations of RFK, but I agree with enough of them not to vote for him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2023 at 12:23:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
I don't agree with all the criticisms and characterizations of RFK, but I agree with enough of them not to vote for him.

I’ve yet to see a single person logically explain how he could possibly get the Democratic nomination for president.

If Steve Bannon and Evenbob are your biggest supporters, you might not do too well as a Dem. Just sayin.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 21st, 2023 at 5:55:42 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody else see RFK Jr do his opening remarks yesterday in front of Congress? This guy has got next president written all over him. It was riveting and he did everything off the cuff, he set his notes aside. He was talking about what the Democrat Party used to be like compared to what it's like now and he's absolutely right. It's a joke now, it's a circus sideshow of freaks and Weirdos. He talked about how his Uncle Teddy would bring home prominent Republicans from Congress for the weekend because in those days Democrats and Republicans were friends they were not mortal enemies. They had the welfare of the country in mind not the welfare of themselves only. It's been a long time since I've seen anybody as presidential looking as RFK Jr and even though he's a Democrat and I probably disagree with some of his points I would vote for this guy in a minute because I think he would give us a fair deal. He's not owned by anybody that's why the Democrat Party wants to get rid of him. In that way he's like Trump, he is his own man.

Their communist party wants to remove free speech.

RFK is for free speech.

That's why they're censoring him.

It'll make people like us want him to win more but I'll never vote for someone on the communist ticket.

I won't even break bread with a communist.