The Biden Presidency 2023

August 19th, 2023 at 6:45:35 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Quote: Tanko
Still falling for their scare tactics?

ABC predicted my home would be underwater eight tyears ago.

Only a fool would look at the world today and think everything is fine and dandy with the climate. But unfortunately, the GOP is full of fools.

What do you mean by fine? I think it is fine but I also may be a fool. It is fine with me if the earth heats up and extinguishes all life on it. Let's not forget that our sun is going to burn out and most likely extinguish all life on the planet anyway.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 19th, 2023 at 7:28:39 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Kinda funny to see all the guys who doubt every positive jobs report under Biden clutch their pearls over anyone who doesn’t automatically believe every report that Donny’s corrupt admin put out.

Kinda a both sides are bad argument there...

Anyway, I don't trust the unemployment numbers.

Before you hurt your fingers replying, I have thought that for a long time. Way before this President arrived on the scene at the WH.

The formulas used are questionable.

We can think what we want about what Biden has done for employment. I tend to think just about any moron, this one or the last one, could have brought the economy back to about what it was--a loss of 12 million jobs lost in the pandemic and a similar number coming back. That puts this President at actually having policies that brought along 2-5 million real "new" jobs...and that is how I would judge him.
August 19th, 2023 at 7:36:17 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
Are you going to deny that deregulation is a primary conservative principle? It's definitely the operating principle of the conservative side of the party, the wing conservatives operate from which Trump represents. I already am well aware of the motives and where it will lead whether it gets there right away or not.

I know where conservatives put the highest priority when push comes to shove. And environment regulations are down the scale quite a bit. This is enhanced on the objection to practically any taxation they don't think is necessary.

They'd defund the EPA and Department of Education if they could.

I believe most people want sane policies. The policies Biden espouses for the climate are insane and unattainable. He is the only one who is President and he just told us he misled all of us by calling the environmental spending bill an "Inflation Reduction Act".

The inflation rate went lower as the Fed raised interest rates, not as he spent more and more money on boondoggles and unattainable goals while scaring the crap out of people who don't have the money to support an electric car purchase.

I'm all for reducing pollution. I've seen it done with fantastic results. I just think his policies are unworkable and it will cost him not a dime but all of us a whole bunch.

We can walk and chew gum IF we elect a leader who can lead us there. Three people not up to the job are Trump, Harris, and Biden. They would best serve us by leaving the business.
August 19th, 2023 at 10:44:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Are you going to deny that deregulation is a primary conservative principle? It's definitely the operating principle of the conservative side of the party, the wing conservatives operate from which Trump represents. I already am well aware of the motives and where it will lead whether it gets there right away or not.

I know where conservatives put the highest priority when push comes to shove. And environment regulations are down the scale quite a bit. This is enhanced on the objection to practically any taxation they don't think is necessary.

They'd defund the EPA and Department of Education if they could.

Department of Education is unconstitutional. EPA has too much funding. Could cut it by half. It probably kills you that a republican started the EPA.
The President is a fink.
August 19th, 2023 at 10:48:25 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Repub handbook is basically to run the country exactly like your stereotypical Indian roach motel.
August 19th, 2023 at 11:10:16 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rquiredusername
Repub handbook is basically to run the country exactly like your stereotypical Indian roach motel.

And the Democrats policies are bankrupting the country and will get us there faster.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 19th, 2023 at 11:18:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Department of Education is unconstitutional. EPA has too much funding. Could cut it by half. It probably kills you that a republican started the EPA.

Probably kills you. I think it’s great when any republican actually does something I support.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 20th, 2023 at 5:52:43 AM permalink
RonC
Probably kills you. I think it’s great when any republican actually does something I support.

We could cut a lot of government jobs, give the smaller departments specific goals that can be achieved, and actually make things happen. The government is too bloated to be effective. The military could even be lighter at the top with the people not hanging at the Pentagon any more fixing things like housing on bases while keeping the forces ready.

It is very hard to lead anything very well from an office in DC.

Spend less money, make departments work better...
August 20th, 2023 at 6:31:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
We could cut a lot of government jobs, give the smaller departments specific goals that can be achieved, and actually make things happen. The government is too bloated to be effective. The military could even be lighter at the top with the people not hanging at the Pentagon any more fixing things like housing on bases while keeping the forces ready.

It is very hard to lead anything very well from an office in DC.

Spend less money, make departments work better...

You keep staff in government by low pay but solid benefits and not making them as easy to fire as the private sector. This is how someone decided it should work but it's not a very good model. And you expect them to work better when you then cut their staff and resources?

Well, maybe you don't see a problem, but I do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2023 at 5:20:53 AM permalink
RonC
You keep staff in government by low pay but solid benefits and not making them as easy to fire as the private sector. This is how someone decided it should work but it's not a very good model. And you expect them to work better when you then cut their staff and resources?

Well, maybe you don't see a problem, but I do.

You keep enough to do the job without a bunch of wastoids who make up jobs that don't need to exist. They would staff and resources to do their job and not enough to try to make work.

--Pay them better
--Keep the good benefits
--Give them clear objectives and guidelines
--Inspect what expect
--Make it easier to fire someone if they are consistently failing at their jobs

Nothing wrong with trimming the fat and getting the body in shape, right?