The Biden Presidency 2023

September 7th, 2023 at 9:38:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
The quote from a Dominion Employee is of course buried by Google now but here is some info.

"The process of adding up the votes for the candidates is known as tallying, or tabulation. How hard would it be to access these tallying systems illicitly? Not hard enough. This New York Times article by Kim Zetter describes how easily a county-level vote tallying computer could be remotely accessed.

Further, as reported in CSO, these voting and tallying systems could be compromised by a third party  —  someone logged on remotely using the credentials, of an insider – for example an election official or a voting machine company employee."

I was not aware that any voting machines in the U.S. were internet connected. If so, that definitely opens up a possibility for hacking.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 7th, 2023 at 10:42:58 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Possible but no known proof Dominion machines were hacked or rigged.

'Online and vulnerable': Experts find nearly three dozen U.S. voting systems connected to internet

'The Myth of the Hacker-Proof Voting Machine' - NYT

Cyber agency: Voting software vulnerable in some states

'The vulnerability could be exploited by someone with physical access or by someone who is able to remotely infect other systems that are connected to the internet if election worker'

Vulnerabilities Affecting Dominion Voting Systems

'An attacker could leverage this vulnerability to print an arbitrary number of ballots without authorization.'
September 7th, 2023 at 10:47:43 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: kenarman
The quote from a Dominion Employee is of course buried by Google now but here is some info.

"The process of adding up the votes for the candidates is known as tallying, or tabulation. How hard would it be to access these tallying systems illicitly? Not hard enough. This New York Times article by Kim Zetter describes how easily a county-level vote tallying computer could be remotely accessed.

Further, as reported in CSO, these voting and tallying systems could be compromised by a third party  —  someone logged on remotely using the credentials, of an insider – for example an election official or a voting machine company employee."

I was looking for a source stating that Dominion left themselves a back door to remotely access the system. Or is that not what you meant?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 7th, 2023 at 10:49:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JimRockford
I was looking for a source stating that Dominion left themselves a back door to remotely access the system. Or is that not what you meant?

He doesn’t know what he meant in that rambling word salad post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 7th, 2023 at 10:50:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If you can gain unmonitored access you can hack something. It’s not realistic to promise unhackible machines.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 7th, 2023 at 1:13:09 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
my opinion is known I think: there should always be a ballot that can be recounted. Hate the idea of voting machines that make no use of a ballot

my opinion about the 2020 election is that many inexcusable things were allowed, which allows people who want to claim Trump won but was cheated to have a certain claim, dimly within the realm of possibility. I'd elaborate further but I'd want to start a thread. I might.

my opinion also is that Trump lost. My opinion also is that it is an outright tragedy that elements were allowed to make claims to the contrary have that dim possibility

I also have not heard but what these same things will be allowed again
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 7th, 2023 at 2:18:54 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
SCOTUS might disagree with you.

Seems.
Could be.
Seemed.

If I was offered a pardon before a trial I would take it while still maintaining my innocence. I couldn’t care less what it ‘seems’ like. Or what it might ‘imply’.
September 7th, 2023 at 2:43:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
If I was offered a pardon before a trial I would take it while still maintaining my innocence. I couldn’t care less what it ‘seems’ like. Or what it might ‘imply’.

Yes, criminals often don’t care what other people think about them.

[not saying SOOPOO is a criminal, just that in his hypothetical he sounds like one]
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 7th, 2023 at 3:30:04 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Yes, criminals often don’t care what other people think about them.

[not saying SOOPOO is a criminal, just that in his hypothetical he sounds like one]

Anyone who is offered a pardon and doesn't accept it is a moron.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 7th, 2023 at 3:39:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Seems.
Could be.
Seemed.

Well, I sure wouldn’t pay off a bet to you since a SCOTUS decision renders it suspect. Anyway, going with the colloquial meaning of “pardon” it has meant for a long time, someone doing something then excusing themselves. Which is not a non-action. Nixon was pardoned, but he most definitely broke the law regardless of what Gerald Ford blessed him with.

I rest my case.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?